*****ITA Men's Indoor Championship Thread*****

1,791 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chapa96
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The tournament started today for the National Indoors Championship. The #6 ranked Ags are facing #13 Michigan in the first round and will face the winner of #3 t.u. and #16 UCLA in the second round if we beat the Wolverines. Below is the bracket and a link for live scoring for our match:

http://scores.tennisticker.de/usa/ita/mi2020/league/sb.html?tournid=4670&clubid=886-654&cn1=Michigan&cn2=Texas%20A&M&ci1=886&ci2=654

We lost the doubles point unfortunately, but are up a set in 4 single matches currently. We are up on courts 2, 3, 4, & 6. And currently we're up a break in the second set on 2, 4, & 6.
Legal Custodian
AG
Also, UCLA and t.u. are tied 2-2 right now. UCLA is looking to close out on courts 5, while the horns are up on court 2. Court 1 is going to a third set, so it will most likely come down to them.
Legal Custodian
AG
Noah closed it out on Court 4 and Valentin just closed out Court 3! Unfortunately we lost Court 5 and Court 1. Currently down 3-2.

Court 2 is going to a 3rd set. We are up a break 5-3 on Court 6, and Michigan is serving currently to stay alive.

Legal Custodian
AG
t.u. looks to be up 2 breaks on court 1. And courts 2 and 5 are currently in a tie break in the second set. UCLA needs to win the tiebreak on court 2 to stay alive, while court 5 would take the point if they win that tiebreaker.
Legal Custodian
AG
Glad to see so much traffic on this thread.

We just closed out Court 6!

It is down to court 2 and it's currently on-serve 1-1 in the third set.
Legal Custodian
AG
In the UCLA match, it's currently going to a third set on courts 2 and 5. UCLA needs to win both third sets to advance as it looks like the horns will win court 1 (up 5-1 in the third)
Legal Custodian
AG
Carlos is up 4-3 on court 2. Still on-serve
Legal Custodian
AG
Carlos just got broken. Down 5-4 and needs to break back to stay alive.
Legal Custodian
AG
Lost the third set on Court 2.

Lost to Meatchicken 4-3. This was a short-lived thread. Thanks for those of you who checked in
wangus12
AG
I appreciate you
Chapa96
AG
Ags win that doubles point against UCLA.

Chapa96
AG
Ags win 4-1!!!!
Raven
S
Thanks for update. Glad to get an Indoors win.
Chapa96
AG
Lose doubles point to TCU
Chapa96
AG
Ags lose all 1st sets but on Court #4. Court #3 is still playing in the first but down a break.
Chapa96
AG
Ags lose 4-0.
Aggie_Brad
Until we get indoor courts we won't have that edge to win it all! You don't ski on the bunny slopes to win the downhills at the WCs. The NCAA said we cannot host another Outdoor Tennis Championship until we get an indoor facility. We are the only school in the SEC that doesn't have an indoor facility. Did I mention A&M needs an indoor tennis facility??
Harry Dunne
I agree that it's an embarrassment that we don't have an indoor facility. Only school in the SEC that doesn't, right? I believe all the big xii does as well.

That said, neither does tournament champion USC. They don't really need one in Southern California as badly as we do, but they aren't letting that be the excuse that gets in their way.
Chapa96
AG
Found this on the Baseball Forum and posted on the other Tennis thread.

Indoor Facility
Harry Dunne
I'll believe it when I see it. This is from 2008:

https://12thman.com/news/2008/10/30/205221664.aspx
Chapa96
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I'll believe it when I see it. This is from 2008:

https://12thman.com/news/2008/10/30/205221664.aspx
Plans were only for 6 courts as well as indoor clay courts?? What good will that do? I hope plans have changed with the design.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.