Track and Field 2019-2020

26,643 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Look Out Below
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mondo just an elbow away from a world record

https://instagr.am/p/B8KLbI6HJwD
tk for tu juan
Mondo now has the WR

TRM
AG
Deborah Acquah jumped 13.77m (45-2 ) in the TJ!
Pahdz
Was only a matter of time
taylorswift13
AG
her second collegiate triple jump too.
has to be on the bowerman list now
TRM
AG
Brazier 1:44.22 AR at the Millrose Games.
wangus12
AG
Kid is special
mslags97
AG
Not able to follow A&M track as closely as possible. Do we have any middle distance runners worth talking about? 1 mile and 2 mile? What times do we run? My son is a HS freshman and wants to run track. He would love to run for hart be Ags, but we are trying to figure out if it is realistic. He runs a sub 5 minute mile, and his goal this spring is to break 4:45. Not sure how that compares collegiately. Thanks!
taylorswift13
AG
that's an awesome goal for a HS freshman, runners who usually run around or under 4:15 are recruited at a D1 level, so as long as he keeps shredding his time and improving each season... that goal can be attainable
TRM
AG
mslags97 said:

Not able to follow A&M track as closely as possible. Do we have any middle distance runners worth talking about? 1 mile and 2 mile? What times do we run? My son is a HS freshman and wants to run track. He would love to run for hart be Ags, but we are trying to figure out if it is realistic. He runs a sub 5 minute mile, and his goal this spring is to break 4:45. Not sure how that compares collegiately. Thanks!
They're giving scholarships (small ones) to 4:20 runners.
SteepleAggie
texaggierm said:

mslags97 said:

Not true. Unless they run a significantly faster equivalent in the 800, 3200 or XC, a 4:20 miler will be a walk-on. Might be a recruited walk-on, but not getting any scholarship money.
TRM
AG
SteepleAggie said:

texaggierm said:

mslags97 said:

Not true. Unless they run a significantly faster equivalent in the 800, 3200 or XC, a 4:20 miler will be a walk-on. Might be a recruited walk-on, but not getting any scholarship money.
I forgot to add on that qualifier.
tk for tu juan
Four national records broken in one indoor mile race (American, German, British, and Canadian)

tk for tu juan
Nice final 200m

wangus12
AG
Devon Dixon was the USATF Athlete of the week
tk for tu juan
Glitch in the Matrix

JimInBCS
What was crazy about that jump was that another camera angle clearly showed a six inch or so clearance. Probably gets a bonus for each WR, so probably 6.19 next week.
aggiepe
I can't wait to see our short sprinters and hurdlers once again compete and make NCAA. I really hope by next year we could compete at these big meets. Watching this Clemson meet and seeing our athletes struggling with the competition in the short sprints and hurdles is really hard to watch. With two weeks to SEC in college station and then NCAA it doesn't look like we would have any NCAA qualifiers in the short sprints and hurdles. We have a 6.58 transfer sprinter in the men 60m who maybe injured or something because he only ran a couple of races and nothing near 6.58 yet
We were once so competitive also at least in the men and women 200m. I know some of the athletes are young but it is same for all the competing teams
Right now the 400m, 800m, 4x400 relays, and some of the jumps are carrying the teams.
Outdoors we might see some better performances I hope from the short sprints and hurdles
Ed Marcinkiewicz
Aggie short sprinters will be ready when it counts. To be fair the SEC is beyond loaded. Last year everyone was going crazy over Matthew Boling and how exceptional a sprint talent he is (and he is). Boling ranks third in conference in both sprints. Indoor sprint times are notoriously erratic in part on their ability to gauge the starter. There is a transition for any athlete when changing programs, level of competition and the 60 sprint and hurdle races are unforgiving. I'll wager that though we have no one ranked in top 8 at conference right now in either race we will have a qualifier in finals of both at conference. Turay is very talented and close to hitting a big one. I don't know if he has dealt with any little injuries but he is talented. I will be shocked if we don't make a big run at conference title on both sides, especially competing at home. You have to take conference lists with a grain of salt. Devin Dixon will come in 11th in the 800. I'll take him and give the field. I'd add that although our men's high jumpers and vaulters are just outside the top 8 right now I would expect us to score in both events. Conference lists reflect best one off performance and not consistency or peaking.
TRM
AG

Athing Mu Indoor Track High School Athlete of the Year.

https://12thman.com/news/2020/3/26/track-and-field-2020-signee-athing-mu-named-national-high-school-indoor-athlete-of-the-year.aspx
triniaggie
AG
With the NCAA Division I Council extending eligibility for student-athletes impacted by COVID-19, if our 800m seniors decide to stay and compete an extra year with the new recruits it could be a remarkable 2021 for 800m running at Texas A&M.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/division-i-council-extends-eligibility-student-athletes-impacted-covid-19

Men
Devin Dixon - 1.44.76 Senior
Carlton Orange - 1.46.40 Senior
Alon clay - 1.46.59 Recruit
Brandon Miller - 1.49.55 Recruit

Women
Charokee Young - 2.05.80 Freshman
Britany Parker - 2.05.92 Senior
Athing Mu - 2.01.17 Recruit
Dominique Mustin - 2.06.01 Recruit

I know the other events would be good but the 800m promise to be exceptional

Look Out Below
AG
Three guys at 1:46.5 or better? That men's 4x800 could likely take down the (very old) collegiate record.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.