***** 2019 SEC Outdoor Track & Field Championships *****

8,886 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Friend of RCII
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mondo finally had a miss at 19'8.25(6.00m).
Oogway
texaggierm said:

I think the weather kept people away.

Oh I'm sure it did and it is a long day (s).
tk for tu juan
Going for the outdoor collegiate record set 23 years ago
TRM
AG
Men win the 4x4.
Aggies76
AG
texaggierm said:

Men win the 4x4.
But they interview the LSU team
TRM
AG
They won the team title. Too bad Triki still isn't with the team. We probably win the team title.
Friend of RCII
AG
They interviewed the Aggie 4x00 relay first. Interviewed LSU because they are men's meet champion.
rollingwoodaggie
Where did we finish?
Houstonag
AG
The SEC network has much to work on.

I would like to know Dixon's anchor leg time.
TRM
AG
4th
Oogway
Houstonag
AG
Dixon can break the world record in the 800.
tk for tu juan
I thought there would be a protest by Florida for the 2nd exchange collusion with Grant
TRM
AG
Women finish 2nd in the 4x4 and 2nd in the team race.
bat61
AG
Women 2d in 4x4
Oogway
I saw that, but it sort of looked like the runner next to him crowded him over toward the adjacent lane.

Edit-reply to Houstonag:
Dixon would be running for a WR against his former team mate Brazier as well as some international speedsters and that would be a top notch race.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Carl Lewis now coaches at U of H and they are loaded with sprinters.
oklaunion
tk for tu juan said:

I thought there would be a protest by Florida for the 2nd exchange collusion with Grant
I think Grant and the other runner had receiving legs who were in the wrong position and it came out as cleanly as it possibly could have.
I went to bed thinking that our women might have been awarded the 4x4 gold as Arkansas' Chadwick showed some spunk splitting the two runners on her leg down the stretch. We've been DQ'ed for lesser violations.
Houstonag
AG
ARKANSAS is not going to be DQ at their own meet. I believe they violated the requirement needed to go between two runners that were in front of the Ark. runner. There was an obvious bump that impeded both runners.
mullokmotx
AG
7 different Arkansas women combined to score 57 points in the 1500, steeplechase and 5000.
Oogway
Their distance squads have often had some depth going back for a decade at least.
JimInBCS
texaggierm said:

Great race by Tucker to beat Grant.

Superman dive at the tape. That was awesome.
Nick Toohey
AG
Houstonag said:

Dixon can break the world record in the 800.

I'll ship you a carton of Australia's finest beer if he ever does that. While it'd make me smile, no chance!
Houstonag
AG
The world record is 141.1.Dixon just ran a 144 and a 44.23 anchor leg. With more training and maturity I believe he can. He has a unique set of skills and running mechanics.
Oogway
I thought the world record was 1:40.91 by Rudisha of Kenya. Did that get removed for some reason?

I would cheer for whomever sets one no matter who it is.* It would be a drop of 3-4 seconds in Dixon's PR, not unheard of, but going to take effort to get there. There are others in the world such as Saruni and Korir of Kenya; Mcbride of Canada; not to mention other Americans who stand between him and a WR.

*As long as they don't cheat. Cannot abide cheating.
Look Out Below
AG
She has a history of doing that. She bumped Syaira Richardson at the NCAA Indoor meet. Probably cost us the NCAA title in that event.
Nick Toohey
AG
Almost four seconds is a massive difference, look at Brazier going 1:43 and is still in that range, it's an incredibly tough jump. People run 1:44 all the time. Would love to see him go get it, but I think you are selling short How fast this record is. It's next level, there's a reason it's barely been touched in 25 years.

Really hope he can win an ncaa title this year, it would do wonders for his value when he goes professional.
lead
Oogway
I liked this one too. I saw that race but sure didn't notice that other than the baton being dropped by Kentucky. Aggies have ice in their veins and focus in their brains!

tk for tu juan
Friend of RCII
AG
The handoff was way past the end of the zone.... DQ

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.