***** 2019 SEC Indoor Track Championship *****

2,334 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Look Out Below
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Competition starts tomorrow.

ETA: I will add the start lists later today when I have time.
Ed Marcinkiewicz
Hope this works.

http://flashresults.com/2019_Meets/Indoor/02-22_SEC/startlist.pdf

If not, they can be found here.

http://flashresults.com/2019_Meets/Indoor/02-22_SEC/
coldmoose
texaggierm said:

Competition starts tomorrow.

ETA: I will add the start lists later today when I have time.

Thanks
TRM
AG
Here's a list of the athletes competing. I didn't post it last night since Ed linked the flash results, but I figured might as well post it so we can follow along. Prelims tonight except for the 5K and DMR. No entrants in Men's mile or 5K. I think we got a decent lane draw for the women's 400, but we're stuck in the early heats. Robinson-Jones and Madubuike should benefit from having fast runners in lane 6. The men weren't as lucky in their draws as most are stuck in lanes 3 or 4. The women didn't have a horrible draw in the 200 but it would have been better in Danyel White wasn't in lane 3.

Friday
Women 1 Mile
Rachel Bernardo, Hannah Campbell

Women 60 M
Brenessa Thompson, Amber Ivy
Men 60 M
Jace Comick

Women 400 M
Syaira Richardson(Heat 1, Lane 3), Jaevin Reed(2,6), Tierra Robinson-Jones(4,5), Julia Madubuike(5,5), Jarra Owens(7,4)
Men 400 M
Kyree Johnson (1,6), Dewiit Thomas(4,3), Richard Rose (5,4), Ilolo Izu (6,4), Bryce Deadmon(6,5) Roger Ethridge(8,3) Colby Zamzow(9,6)

Women 60 M Hurdles
Kennedy Smith, Gabrielle McDonald, Taryn Milton
Men 60 M Hurdles
Tyler Guillory

Women 800 M
Brittany Parker, Jazmine Fray, Jean Jenkins
Men 800 M
Devin Dixon, Carlton Orange

Women 200 M
Jania Martin(1,4), Danyel White(5,3), Amber Ivy(6,4), Brenessa Thompson(7,5), Diamond Spaulding (8,5)
Men 200 M
Jace Comick (1,5)

Women 5000 M
Ashley Driscoll, Kelsie Warren

Women DMR
Men DMR

Men Pole Vault
Robin Nool, Carl Johansson, Logan Freeman, Jacob Wooten

Men Shot Put
Gabe Oladipo

Men Long Jump
CJ Stevenson, Tahar Triki

Women Long Jump
Ciynamon Stevenson, Deborah Acquah, Taryn Milton

Men High Jump
Mason Corbin, Alstian Walker, Jake Lamberth, Mason Farley

Women Shot Put
Celine Markert

Saturday
Women 3000 M
Valarie Bradley, Rachel Bernardo, Hannah Campbell, Ashley Driscoll, Kelsie Warren
Men 3000 M
Wes McPhail, Jon Bishop

Women 4x400 M Relay
Men 4x400 M Relay

Men Weight
Josh Brown, Gabe Oladipo

Women High Jump
LaJarvia Brown, Kirby Matocha

Women Pole Vault
Augusta Thomason

Women Weight
Celine Markert

Men Triple Jump
CJ Stevenson, Tahar Triki

Women Triple Jump
Ciynamon Stevenson, LaJarvia Brown
oklaunion
Tahar jumped 25' 1/2" and got 8th place. Now, that is some competition.

I think Grant Holloway may be the best athlete I have ever seen.
TRM
AG
Good start for the Aggies. Kelsie Warren finished 4th and Ashley Dricoll was 6th in the 5k. The men's DMR finished 4th. Deborah Acquah jumped 20'8" for 2nd and Taryn Milton finished 6th in the LJ.Triki finished 8th in the long jump. The vault crew of Wooten, Nool and Johansson finished 2nd, 7th, and 8th. Hite is 3rd in the Hep after day 1.

Finalist today
Mile - Hannah Campbell
400M(W)-Robinson-Jones, Madubuike, Richardson
400M(M)-Deadmon, Izu
60H - Kennedy Smith
800M(W) - Fray
800M(M)-Dixon, Orange
200M-Thompson, Spaulding

TRM
AG
Oladipo is 6th in the weight throw after 4 throws. LaJarvia Brown and Kirby Matocha will finish in a 6 way tie for 6th and 1 point.
TRM
AG
Oladipo bettered his personal best three times this competition finishing 5th with a 20.98M/68'10" throw for a new school record.
TRM
AG
Hannah Campbell with another PB of 4:48.68 to finish 6th.
TRM
AG
Big jump of 56'2 by Triki.
Rock1982
AG
texaggierm said:

Big jump of 56'2 by Triki.
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Overall, how do you feel we are doing?

What about our chances at the NCAA indoors this year?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Lost connection - mile m&w results ?
oklaunion
A&M won both relays.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
thanks !
ccatag
AG
Thank you for the updates.
tk for tu juan
Guess we will see tomorrow if Fray's 800m time gets her into the top 16 once TFRRS updates with the conf champ results.

Not surprising to see Duplantis get the collegiate indoor PV record since he already has a career best of 19'-10"
TRM
AG
I think Fray makes it. The women are probably a 30 point team at indoor nationals this year good enough for top 5ish but not a contender. The loss of Gittens and Watson hurt.
The men are around a 45 point team at indoor nationals, so they'll be in the mix - UF, UH, and TT look tough.
Look Out Below
AG
People that made it in thanks to this weekend: Fray, Acquah, Hite, Stevenson, Madubuike (400).

The men have some serious top end potential with Triki, Dixon and the 4x400. It's what everyone else does that will determine how they finish. Holloway alone could score as much as those three combined with a perfect weekend so Florida will be tough to beat. Houston's entire meet hinges on what they do with Montgomery and the Arkansas transfer. I don't see any way they can both double 200/400 and expect to get us in the relay. Tech came into NCAA #1 last year and fizzled. I think they do themselves a disservice by not leaving Lubbock the entire indoor season. They have depth though. I would be pleased with a top 4 team trophy after missing out last year.

I'd love to see our very young ladies 4x4 take that title. We haven't seen their best yet. We came out of nowhere this year in that event and we will be in the mix for a while. Like outdoors last year, it may be tough to score individual points because the ladies are missing that Dixon/Triki-like stinger. We have a few that could potentially develop into that though. Would be nice to see one blossom into that in Birmingham.

I think we will have MUCH stronger men's & women's team outdoors.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.