SEC Outdoor Track and Field Championship 2018

5,179 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Look Out Below
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dwight and the chick calling the men's 4x4 did probably the worst job of commentating I have heard, and that is saying something. Great job, Ags.
clw04
AG
Hand Of God said:

Great 4x400 win for the men.
Amazing that they win with a 3:01 without the two top runners heading into the year.
coloradoag69
AG
Great job by both men and women. Hopefully, the folks who had a disappointing meet can improve enough to qualify for nationals.

Please explain how we can win the men's 4 x 400 and have our best finish in the 400m be basically a tie for 5th. Where is everyone else? Help me if I'm wrong, but that 3:01 is a very fast time, isn't it?

Weird!
Nick Toohey
AG
That is the nature of the relay. Changes, running starts etc. Unusual, but more common than you think.
coloradoag69
AG
I went back to the full stat sheet for the meet, and although the Aggies only qualified one person for the 400m finals, they had 4 in the top 12. Only Auburn qualified more than one person for the 400m finals, in positions 1 and 3 no less, but the 3rd qualifier, Akeem Bloomfield, didn't compete in the finals and Auburn didn't field a relay team.

Looking at the entire 400m field, it looks like we had the four fastest runners. However, we only used two of our 400m guys in the relay. Dixon won the 800m, and I can't find what else, if anything, Ilolo Izu ran. I thought he ran a really good leg. He gave Dixon, our anchor, a reasonable lead for the last lap.
Look Out Below
AG
Dixon has been our best 400 runner outdoors (outside of the cameo or two from Kerley). Izu, seeded second, flat out stank in the 400 hurdles prelims on Friday but rebounded with a very nice leg on the relay. Both those two were on the world record relay indoors. Deadmon clearly was our best straight up 400 guy this week so he was an easy choice to put on there. The fourth spot was basically a pick em so they went with Rose, who himself has run on an NCAA record 4x4 (indoors last year). 3:01.1 for the win without Grant or Kerley against a completely healthy Florida squad anchored by Holloway is just plain bonkers. The NCAA record would be toast were it not for the injuries (USC may get it anyway).
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.