Indoor tennis courts?

3,181 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
Aston04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that still on the radar to build at some point? I remember seeing drawings years ago of a proposed center.

To me that is a big weakness not having them. Also, could be a big benefit to the local community.
Raven
S
The proposed facility seems to move up and down the department pecking order. With the outdoor track and girls softball almost finished I hope we are near the top. Still will have to do design, bids, etc. Probably several years away. One can always hope.
Aston04
AG
Bump?
Harry Dunne
This was discussed on another post recently, maybe "women's tennis"?

Whatever timeline did exist was not helped by the financial loss from Covid.
Anchorhold
Let's figure out how to make this happen. How about corporate sponsorship like Blue Bell Park?

Cigna Group CEO and Chairman is class of '88. one board member has degrees from north carolina & mizzou and would be too scared to vote against this. Another from UCLA could get a kick out of Salma and Carmen ending up here instead of USC, but maybe not enough to vote for it. Also may want any sponsorships to come from subsidiaries and not the whole group.

Humana President and CEO is class of '84. linkedin profile highlights mba from Houston more than undergrad. What the hell Bruce?

Phillips 66 Executive Chairman is class of '80 - already trying to replace T. Boone as oklahoma state's corporate sponsor, other board members from Mississippi State and South Carolina may just want to gloat about their new indoor facility.

Buc-ee's Founder is class of '80 - Just donated money to start a whole academic program & building on campus. Maybe soon but maybe not immediate. Holy crap - he's been on five traveling aggies trips? I'm rethinking my new vacation / networking strategy.

ROKU Founder and CEO is class of '90 - Liked living on campus enough he did it at least two years. Probably getting hit up for donations from every A&M group imaginable. Please at least allow playsight.com their own channel so we can watch it on our TVs.

IF those arn't going to work and we have to go outside the aggie family, then let's dream big dreams. The Waffle House Indoor Tennis Compound Complex!
RodgerDodger
The two teams that made the national indoor finals currently have indoor tennis facilities both of which are being torn down to build bigger and better indoor facilities. Very obvious that other schools simply have more of a commitment to their smaller programs like tennis. We don't even have an indoor facility and yet UNC and Georgia are now getting their second go at it.
Anchorhold

*I'm really just here to repost what aggiedrjdub has already posted.
Anchorhold
Michigan had an indoor match snowed out last week. Without questioning our state power grid too much, are we planning to install a big enough generator to handle that? What does the nuclear plant power these days?
aggiedrjdub
AG
Good questions. I would still much prefer an indoor/outdoor facility on campus. I just think it's a much more logical solution and better representation of who we are as a school.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.