Volleyball

19,785 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rpr52121
Pioneer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, I heard after the new softball facility is complete, they may build a new vball facility where the softball stadium was.
They also need to bring sand volleyball to Texas A&M.
Artimus Gordon
http://m.kusports.com/weblogs/keegan-lunch-break/2017/dec/22/texas-am-on-verge-of-hiring-kansas-volle/?templates=mobile
Wicked Good Ag
Kuhn officially named today
D.J. Flores
AG
I like this hire...hope she can get some big time recruits here...
86 Tex Ag
AG
Novice VB poster here: what VB specific facility does Texas use? The old Gregory Gym?

I like what I have read about Coach Kuhn on the KU sites. Some risk in that she has not been a HC before, but her recruiting skills, ability to help raise a program, and competitiveness seem like a breath of fresh air needed by the program.
AGECO95
Quote:

Novice VB poster here: what VB specific facility does Texas use? The old Gregory Gym?
From what I remember, Gregory is not VB specific. Rather, it's their old basketball court and is part of the recsports facility. Although highly renovated over the years, Gregory's ancient structural components remind me of DeWare's old BB court.

Quote:

Some risk in that she has not been a HC before, but her recruiting skills, ability to help raise a program, and competitiveness seem like a breath of fresh air needed by the program.
I actually like that she's never been a head coach. The proven championship caliber coaches out there worth hiring (John Cook, John Dunning and Rose Rose) were not going to leave their current gigs for Aggieland unless we Jimbo Fisher style cash whipped them...which VB revenues would never justify.

For those of us who have been long-term Aggie VB fans, it's easy to remember how dismal KU had been until Laura Kuhn arrived. Then, Ray Bechard suddenly goes from relative obscurity in his first 13- years as a D1 VB HC to 4- time B12 "Coach of the Year", B12 Champion, perennial VB powerhouse and a final 4 VB team.

IMHO, this looks like the best VB hire in the nation this year.
86 Tex Ag
AG
Thanks for the solid reply
Artimus Gordon
Looks like Todd chamberlain is on board with Laura. He was hired at Kansas about the same time Laura was. He is no longer listed as an assistant on the Kansas staff.
Chesapeake Ag
I like this hire too. It makes sense Woodward might have contacted Keegan Cook since he hired him at UW, but Kuhn looks like she played a key role in KU's ascent to the Final Four.

Just as important she was their lead recruiter and must have good contacts to pull so many players to Kansas out of Texas. Her middles had an immediate jump in production (blocks) after she got there so she seems like a good coach too.

She brought in Kolby O'Donnell in as her Associate HC (appears to have coached with her at Appalachian State and Miami) with an apparent domino effect, as KU's Todd Chamberlain took O'Donnell's place at Louisville.

https://volleymob.com/kolby-odonnell-named-texas-associate-head-coach/
rpr52121
AG
Was curious if anyone had heard any VB recruiting news since Kuhn was hired?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.