***** Formula 1 2017 *****

6,945 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by '03ag
RABAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jorgerr96 said:

****ing Massa
Vettel might have caught him, but he wasn't going to pass him.
cap-n-jack
I thought that was a pretty ballzy drive by Bottas with Vettel breathing down his neck those last few laps. He certainly wasn't driving his mirrors.
And loltz at Grosjean for blaming that on Palmer. You turned him.
Kyle98
AG
3 different winners in 4 races. Might be an interesting season, after all.

I didn't watch until last night, and I had accidentally spoiled it for myself yesterday, so there was little drama in the end for me, since I knew Vettel wouldn't catch Bottas. Maybe because of that, but I thought it was a pretty boring race. Maybe it's just the track, though, because they didn't show any passing at all after the first lap.
Furlock Bones
AG
interesting reports coming from Catalunya.
FP1
Merc/Hammy was fastest with Kimi almost a second behind. Seb had a broken wheel and missed the practice.

Hammy also seems to be very happy with the upgrades to the car. He clearly hasn't been comfortable this year.
'03ag
Interesting race. Still can't figure out how Hamilton caught up to Vettel. Or how he held those tires together for 30 laps.

Sucks that Alonso got caught up in the turn one mess. Could've been a top 5 finish. Decent points at worst v
RABAg04
AG
It was those two laps that vettel was stuck behind bottas. Tv said Hamilton gained 4 seconds in those two laps.

I don't like how long the tires last this year, takes a lot of strategy out
Furlock Bones
AG
didn't get time to watch but did see who won. hopefully i'll get to watch tonight. this is turning into a very interesting season.
'03ag
Vettel extended the lead again after getting around Bottas. These guys broke it down really well.

cap-n-jack
Ferrari front row. It was fun watching Kimi throw that car around, I hope he wins the race. Louis, way off pace hard to believe.
'03ag
Tough break for Kimi. Was really hoping he'd pull it out.
cap-n-jack
I think Ferrari did that on purpose. Pulled Kimi off strategy and put Seb out in clean air.
I think Kimi thinks so too.
cap-n-jack
That was a pretty sporty drive by Seb.
And Kimi's luck stays bad, I'd really like to see him win a race.
Big Cat `93
AG
Is Ocon for real, or was yesterday a fluke?
RABAg04
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

Is Ocon for real, or was yesterday a fluke?
I think he's pretty good. He belongs to Merc in the young driver program. That's how he got the Force India seat.
cap-n-jack
Hamilton. I can't stand the dude but he's good. And sly like a fox. Mid-charts yesterday but P1 today. 4/10's on P2.
Vettel has a fight on his hands for rest of the year. Should be fun to watch.
jorgerr96
I really like Ocon. Dude has a great attitude and has been doing really well this year.
cap-n-jack
I don't think I've ever seen Vettel lose his cool like that. He's lucky they didn't disqualify him. They should have and I'm a fan of his.
Good on Daniel and Lance. Well played boys.
'03ag
That was absolutely nuts. If Hamilton can't come back for the championship people will be talking about this for a long time.
jorgerr96
Once again the little twat Hamilton wanting the team to do the work for him.
Brilliant day for Ricciardo. Sad for Max.
Ocon...jesus...this could have been a 1-2 and first win for Checo!
Silver Arrows
AG
Vettel should have been black flagged. Telemetry showed Hamilton did not brake check Vettel and then you had him intentionally ram Hamilton. His interview was a joke.

Post Race Interview
Big Cat `93
AG
That was some weird, wild stuff.
RABAg04
AG
That was crazy, I bet Checo and Ocon had some words after that was over.

Sauber and McClaren got points
Furlock Bones
AG
Silver Arrows said:

Vettel should have been black flagged. Telemetry showed Hamilton did not brake check Vettel and then you had him intentionally ram Hamilton. His interview was a joke.

Post Race Interview

yup. the 10 second stop and go was a complete and utter joke. but, i'm sure the owners of F1 would love nothing more than Ferrari to win this year. they're not going to do anything to jeopardize that.
Silver Arrows
AG
FIA looking into Vettel's actions on Monday.
'03ag
No further action.
Furlock Bones
AG
never a doubt. got to protect that Ferrari brand.
cap-n-jack
Hamilton hit with a 5 spot penalty after a gearbox change. No further action on Vettel for intentionally driving into Louis in Baku. Good grief. I'm tired of both of these prima donnas. Maybe Valtteri or Kimi can pull off a miracle championship.
'03ag
Whoa. Vettel's lead just evaporated.
Jacobyoung456
Going into summer break for f1 after Hungary its back to even. Both drivers level on bad luck and no pents. Lewis has the advantage comming to this track as he has won 5 here,the most ever. Lewis i believe will have no problem coming out to the summer break in the lead of the drivers standings after Hungary. (Aka Magyar nagydj)
'03ag
Is that a bot?
'03ag
Weird race all around. Cant believe Hamilton couldn't get around Raikkonen. And is it weird to anyone else that Hamilton had to give Both as the spot back? I understand why that was the deal initially, but Bottas didn't really hold up his end. Made Hamilton back up way too far.
'03ag
Nice way to come out if the break. Intense race the whole way.
cap-n-jack
I really thought Vettel was going to get Hamilton but apparently he did too good a job on the restart, had to back off and never gained back the momentum.
A disappointing race for Bottas. I don't know what his contract situation is like but he should be looking over his shoulder at Verstappen.
'03ag
Bottas only got one year as I recall. Disappointing that he hasn't fared better. Then again he has to contend with some great cars driven by three dudes with 8(?) Championships between them
'03ag
Stroll
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.