Coach Kris Grimes Resigns

5,007 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by triniaggie
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Kris Grimes
February 4 at 3:31pm College Station, TX, United States

I would like to announce my resignation as Assistant Track & Field Coach at Texas A&M University. Thank you to Coach Henry and the staff at A&M for the tremendous opportunity we were given four years ago when we came to College Station. As much as I love coaching, I now find it necessary to press pause, to take a step back from coaching for a time for the good of my family and for the benefit of myself.
The most difficult part of this decision is that I consider the athletes I coach to be family, so it's tremendously difficult to leave them at this time. However, I will remain their most ardent fan as they continue to pursue their goals.
I plan to evaluate future opportunities in and out of the coaching field while focusing on the health and welfare of my family. My wife Tami and our three children have always been my biggest supporters and now I'm choosing to devote myself to being a husband and father to those who mean the most to me.

Kris Grimes
aggierun
WOW!! I didn't see this coming!
monarch
S
I agree; I hope everything turns out well.
aggierun
Curious as to who is working with the jumpers now that Coach Grimes is gone...I don't believe they have made any announcements.
tk for tu juan
Do not know her name, but it is the same lady who was assisting Coach Grimes with the high jumpers/multis last year.
TRM
AG
Erin Simmons and Aaron Seminiski. Erin has been here about 5 years and Aaron is in his 1st year here.
aggierun
There has been a rumor floating around for several weeks that Jamie Cook the highly successful multi's coach at Oregon was going to leave Eugene for College Station. Track and Field News reported today that he has left the Ducks...remains to be seen if he come to A&M. Seems like it would be both a good move for both Cook and the Ags.
TRM
AG
Sean Brady from SE Louisiana will takeover for Coach Grimes.
triniaggie
AG
Texas assistant track and field coach Seth Henson is hired by Oregon

http://democratherald.com/sports/college/oregon-track-and-field-south-albany-alum-is-new-ducks/article_851578bf-873f-5153-87d1-ceb8b186a3f9.html

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.