***** Formula 1 2016 *****

19,448 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Big Cat `93
StaffRat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What a drive by the kid. Well done.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
That's on Nico. You get to block, but not when your teammate is along side.

It's going to be interesting what the stewards say. In real time, it looked like he put hammy off the track. But some views he was still ahead meaning Hammy should have let off.

Weirdly it seemed Rosberg had no power compared to Hammy at that moment. My guess Rosberg completely misjudged how much faster Lewis was at that corner exit.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that trailer.
Furlock Bones
AG
But more importantly, Max Verstappen. What can you say that wasn't said about him? Just incredible.
Furlock Bones
AG
So I just read a crash.net article, rosberg switched to the wrong engine mode exiting turn 3. Looks like it was just bad luck all around and a racing incident.
'03ag
quote:
quote:
That's on Nico. You get to block, but not when your teammate is along side.

It's going to be interesting what the stewards say. In real time, it looked like he put hammy off the track. But some views he was still ahead meaning Hammy should have let off.

Weirdly it seemed Rosberg had no power compared to Hammy at that moment. My guess Rosberg completely misjudged how much faster Lewis was at that corner exit.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that trailer.
i think the only way Hamilton avoids a collision in that situation was to go off track. He was going so much faster and Nico shut the door so quickly I think Lewis would've run into the back of him even if he hit the brakes. Once he got in the grass it would've been a miracle to save it.

It's telling though, that Lauda put it on Lewis. To me it has seemed like he favors Lewis over Nico.
Furlock Bones
AG
Well now Rosberg is saying he was "surprised" Lewis went for it even though he knew he was down on power. Nico felt he definitively shut the door on the inside line.

So this thing is not going to blow over like they hoped.
'03ag
The statement from the stewards doesn't really match the video evidence.
Kyle98
AG
"Live" (watching on the DVR when I got home Sunday night), I thought it was definitely Rosberg's fault. He had slowed (I didn't know why at the time) considerably, and Hamilton went with where he thought he had the most room. I thought Nico moved left at first, then suddenly back to the right when he realized that's where Hamilton was headed.

I would still call it a racing incident now, though, with no further action necessary.

Apparently, Lewis has taken responsibility for it to the team.
Furlock Bones
AG
I'm still stunned at how masterful Verstappen was at holding off Kimi.

Now throw in how fast he was at testing. This kid is off the charts.
StaffRat
AG
Did you guys see that F3 crash in Austria? Amazing that none of the drivers were killed. Think one of them is still in the hospital though.
Sunday is the best race weekend of the year. Monaco in the morning, the 500 and then some round & round race I think.
Check out F1.com. A pretty cool article about the 9 best overtakes at Monaco.
Furlock Bones
AG
That crash was nuts! I think we might see a non-Merc winner again this weekend.
StaffRat
AG
Guess those new RBR power units have proved worth the wait. Well done Daniel.
Furlock Bones
AG
Great drive by Daniel.

Also can't believe the bad luck Hamilton has had with his power units this year.
'03ag
It was bad luck but he had a fast lap going. Seemed like the pole was there for the taking. Will be an interesting race. We'll see if red bull can run all day in the front.
Big Cat `93
AG
Lovely weather today. Looks like it's benefiting Lewis.
StaffRat
AG
What a massive eff up in the Red Bull pits.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
What a massive eff up in the Red Bull pits.

Yup. Red Bull makes an uncharacteristic pit screw up. That cost Daniel his win.

Great and smart drive by Lewis.
Silver Arrows
AG
Yikes Redbull!
Furlock Bones
AG
Watching 100th running of the Indy 500 right now. Great day for Motorsport.
Silver Arrows
AG
Wow, Rossi with the win! Does anyone know why Haas didn't give him a chance?
whiteman
quote:

Probably rather have two vets to help get things rolling
'03ag
quote:
quote:

Probably rather have two vets to help get things rolling
theyve pretty much exactly that. IMO opinion they should've taken a little more risk after they secured Grosean. Get a young guy in that 2nd seat.
Silver Arrows
AG
I agree. After they got Grosjean I think they should have taken more of a risk; especially if their hands were not tied by Ferrari to take on one of their drivers. Esteban Gutierrez never impressed me and I don't think Rossi would be doing any worse than Esteban so far this year.
StaffRat
AG
I wonder if there wasn't some Maranello influence in this. Gutierrez was in the stable.
But there is just no way he is helping develope the Haas program. Rossi would have certainly brought some excitement and exposure.
Silver Arrows
AG
Good race by Hamilton and holding on to those tires for so long. Versteppen is going to be amazing and I think will overshadow Ricciardo. Rosberg is in trouble. Ferrari make consistently bad strategy calls. Great and quiet podium for Bottas.
Big Cat `93
AG
Weird start. Almost looked like Lewis moved over for Seb.
Silver Arrows
AG
I think he was just trying to squeeze Rosberg after that terrible start and Vettel guessed correctly.
Kyle98
AG
Verstappen's defense on Rosberg in the closing laps was pretty damn salty. All legal, too. Nice job, kid!
Big Cat `93
AG
This week should be verrry interesting: Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Formula 1 sets off on a journey into the unknown

Still ticked they scheduled a race on Le Mans weekend.
Big Cat `93
AG
Bottas hit 218 mph on the long straight in practice today.
StaffRat
AG
Not a big fan of these desert kingdom newbie races. I much prefer the traditional European tracks. I think someone on here called Monza boring, I find that sacrilege.
All that being said this Buka layout is pretty cool. Very tight and that is one long ace straight. Should be a fun race. I put the over/under at 4 cars unforced barrier crashes.
'03ag
So unforgiving. Hamilton grazes a barrier and will start 10th
Big Cat `93
AG
Beautiful city, meh race. Not really the course's fault, IMO.

T&P for Toyota at Le Mans. Holy cow.
StaffRat
AG
Predictable. If Nico got a clean start and got out in front that Mercedes power was not going to let anybody get close. Really thought Louis would be on the box too. A very nice drive by Perez.
I really thought there would be more cars in the wall, I don't think there were any other than a kiss here and there. That track is tight in places.
Le Man. Toyota. What a kick in the gut.
Big Cat `93
AG
Well, that was interesting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.