Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News

187,120 Views | 1126 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by 94chem
taylorswift13_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That or her selfish college coach made her not run! He burns his college athletes to the ground
94chem
taylorswift13_ said:

That or her selfish college coach made her not run! He burns his college athletes to the ground

I was wondering about that. If a college coach did that to my athlete, it would be their last time near my program.. It warms my heart to hear every coach I meet express loathing, hatred, and disgust for all things related to the Texas Relays and the UIL state meet. A&M should take both events away from Austin and the sip arrogance.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
taylorswift13_
I've discussed my hatred for the Texas Relays and how it is declining yearly, but the UIL State Meet is another poorly run function! 25 dollars a person for a day pass on top of 15 dollar parking a mile away! Athletes bust their tails all year to get there and their families are rewarded with that! A simple family of 5 will have to pay over nearly 150 to park and attend the track meet! Absolutely ridiculous! God forbid you finally make it to the state meet and you want your parents to watch, two siblings, your grandparents and a few other uncles and aunts and cousins… it's sad how all the UIL cares about now is money! When you have 15 officials for every field event I can see why you need all that money
taylorswift13_
As the Texas relays has seen itself decline and many colleges boycotting it, I know it's caused a ruffle amongst UT athletics! Many donors and older alumni are pissed off at the Texas relays losing its star power! It was a first this year to see some top high schools not attend and I can guarantee next year it'll be even worse! I can't wait to see UT's athletics and administration cry again come next March! They ran that meet into the ground and have only themselves to blame!
94chem
taylorswift13_ said:

I've discussed my hatred for the Texas Relays and how it is declining yearly, but the UIL State Meet is another poorly run function! 25 dollars a person for a day pass on top of 15 dollar parking a mile away! Athletes bust their tails all year to get there and their families are rewarded with that! A simple family of 5 will have to pay over nearly 150 to park and attend the track meet! Absolutely ridiculous! God forbid you finally make it to the state meet and you want your parents to watch, two siblings, your grandparents and a few other uncles and aunts and cousins… it's sad how all the UIL cares about now is money! When you have 15 officials for every field event I can see why you need all that money

The state meet was an absolute cluster. They had a home baseball game scheduled for the same night, with the garage being shared. There was zero parking. I pulled up with my handicapped tag, knowing I'd have to get my son to walk a mile back to the car best case. The lady wouldn't even let me in the garage. She told me I had to have the license plate, which is total BS. I just randomly happened to end up on the other side of the garage, and a cop let me in. I was very lucky. I arrived 90 minutes before his event. I would have had to park 2 - 3 miles away otherwise. They turn that entire garage over 3x during the day, I'm sure. And then the tickets were even a bigger joke. You had to have a smart phone to purchase them online. 500 people standing outside the gate scanning barcodes, entering credit card numbers, when there's a ticket window 10 feet away with some flunkie pointing to the bar code. Then, they charge admission for coaches. The people who are the backbone of the entire UIL, people who teach, have to pay a daily admission to the meet. Sickening. When my son arrived with his coach, they told him he needed to walk to the other side of the stadium to get in. The kid can barely walk. His coach just said follow me, and shoved past the fool who told him that. Everything about Austin and t.u. blows chunks and everybody knows it.

When I had a bad experience at A&M last year, the TMF called me back immediately and we had a great conversation about all the things needed to improve accessibility for the elderly and disabled guests. At t.u., barriers are a feature, not a bug.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
taylorswift13_
Wow that is absolutely awful! My mom is in hospice care and we took her to the track meet for one of my guys throwing discus! The gate officials gave us a hard time because her medicine bag was too big and they had to go through it to make sure it was actually for medical reasons… and while I pushed her in on her wheelchair because she is half paralyzed, they tried to make me enter through another gate because I had the coaching bracelet on. They wanted me to leave my paralyzed mother who lacks cognitive function and isn't aware of where she's at all alone while I entered a gate on the other side of the stadium, I was going to rip the place to shreds till someone told me to enter and forget about what happened
94chem
Sounds about right. You know I'm not making any of this up. Sorry for what you're going through with your mother.
94chem,

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.