Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News

191,689 Views | 1128 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by taylorswift13_
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's a spinner! He was also all state in powerlifting! Just a strong strong man! Here's a video of his 65+ throw last weekend! And a video of him throwing the college shot put 56! Shows how crazy strong he is only being a junior!

Anchorhold
taylorswift13
AG
Eric Hemphill is a 46.80 400 runner from Brendan! Will be competing at state in the 400 and 4x400
TRM
AG
Ethan Sanders won the TAPPS 6A shot put and discus - 58'9" and 171'8". That's a new TAPPS 6A discus record.
taylorswift13
AG
Awesome! Abbie Hirth won the TAPPS 4A High Jump with a 5'8
triniaggie
AG
TRM
AG
6'10" high jumper and 23'+ long jumper.
aggierun
Multis for Blake Harris?!
taylorswift13
AG
Would be interesting but not sure on his throwing ability. He could be an excellent jumper for us though. I hate that he seemed to have a rough regional meet. Would love to see another Aggie competing in Austin this weekend
Look Out Below
AG
...and 10.5 in the 100 meters...
TRM
AG
taylorswift13
AG
HELL YEAH! Added to the UIL State Meet Thread
taylorswift13
AG
400 runners on our roster next year… INSANE LITERALLY INSANE

Emmanuel Bamidele
Auhmad Robinson
Chevannie Hanson
Omajuwa Etiwe
Moitalel Mpoke
Brandon Miller
Ashton Schwartzman
Cutler Zamzow
James Smith
Demarco Escobar
Eric Hemphill
Caden Norris
Peyton Hofferichter
Christian Rosales
Kirk Collins
Christian Simmons
Felipe Medrado
ksmith3764
I thought A Robinson was no longer on team?
TRM
AG
Had to sit out a year.
Run N Shoot
AG
taylorswift13 said:

400 runners on our roster next year… INSANE LITERALLY INSANE

Emmanuel Bamidele
Auhmad Robinson
Chevannie Hanson
Omajuwa Etiwe
Moitalel Mpoke
Brandon Miller
Ashton Schwartzman
Cutler Zamzow
James Smith
Demarco Escobar
Eric Hemphill
Caden Norris
Peyton Hofferichter
Christian Rosales
Kirk Collins
Christian Simmons
Felipe Medrado

That is a ton of depth ! Since I am still learning the college track landscape how many of these athletes get to compete on a weekly basis or consistently? Do they typically rotate out or is it the first tier guys that travel ? I know there is some significant speed at the top end. Hemphill is solid pickup and I hope he has a great career.
taylorswift13
AG
Most should travel! Typically home meets all can compete and closer meets in state most can go! Depends on who the coach wants to take per week. In conference meets 30 athletes can compete representing one school. So it's a numbers crunch, but some would do only the open 400, some for down to 200, and some like Miller/Norris are 800 guys, and other 400 hurdle guys. But if Coach Henry feels they can contribute, they'll go to conference! The depth is crazy! Lots of chess pieces to play with!
Ordinary Man
Saw on the news tonight that Jack Mann from Lake Travis signed today. He is a 17' pole vaulter
RiverAg
Sponsor
AG
Man I hope Aggie track is recruiting this girl. 4A state champ and record holder. Pole Vault champ Alencia Lentz from Canyon Lake won the UIL state track meet today with a 13 ft 6 inch as a Junior!
taylorswift13
AG
Hope so too!! That's an awesome performance! 13'6 for a junior is crazy!
taylorswift13
AG
BOOM! Aggies land star transfer Joshua English from Oklahoma State! English was a 1:49 800 runner and 47.5 400 runner out of the Woodlands in high school. He's only been in college for a year and has yet to compete, so he will have 4 years of eligibility! Solid add to 800 U!
taylorswift13
AG
Aggies also add a distance runner in Francesco Romano out of Eastern Illinois! A 9:00 flat steepler, and xc times of 24:00 in the 8k and 31:15 in the 10k!
taylorswift13
AG
Aggie signee Joy Moorer won her Arizona State Championship in the 300 Hurdles running a 41.47!!! Top 5 in the country!
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Heck yeah! I've seen Sabrina race many times and I know she will blossom here under Mallrd as an 800 runner! Her 5:14 mile and 58 400 speed, will give her the versatility to run a solid 800. Something tells Athing Mu, Bailey Goggans, and the rest of 800 U will be better training partners than her high school teammates lol! So happy to see someone from the RGV commit to the good guys, the distance running in the valley is insane and tu is creating a pipeline there that we need to get into!
taylorswift13
AG
Landon Helms ran a 13.67 in the 110 hurdles and went 23'1 in long jump to win State. Also won in the pole vault and 300 hurdles! Going to be a huge addition to our team!
snap
Not too many kids out there winning 4 individual golds at state and ranked in the top 10 nationally in a running and a field event.
AggieSwim16
I came here to say the same thing! So excited to see him compete for the Aggies!!
ksmith3764
Met Michael pinnones other day. I used to teach and coach at east central. Asked if Chico was recruiting him. He said that we had no money for a shot putter but his dream school is tu. His mom said wherever he gets most but he really seems to be in love with the whorns.
Taylor swift commented about female shot putter. I looked at the girl from giddings and it looks like she is an Alabama fan. Doesn't look like a lot of top shot girls in the state. Lots of really good discus throwers. Wish we could land one of them
taylorswift13
AG
That's a bummer, wish we could have had him. He's going to easily be over 70 next year! And yeah I realize we don't really give much money to throwers besides Javelin throwers. The girls class is strong and led by Carlie Weiser of Giddings who can throw over 51. I did see Chico talk to her at Texas Relays. Emma Sralla is a 185 foot discus thrower which would get her to nationals now and she's still got a year to go in high school but is most likely going out of state. Serina Ramirez and Leah Acosta are two other soon to be seniors who are both over 155 and 44 as juniors. And if we don't land any there the 2024 class is even more loaded.
aggierun
This is one of the early post season weekends...traditionally the Golden West (for many years the MAJOR post season meet, not so much recently and the Great Southwest Meet held now in Albuquerque) would get a number of Texas high school kids. Very few Texans entered in either meet! Only Aggie signee Landon Helms is entered in the California event and he will not face much in terms of competition according to the entry list. While their are more meets later in the summer, sure hope we will get to see some of the future Ags competing.
taylorswift13
AG
Thanks for the heads up! I know Camryn Dickson and Jaiya Covington will compete in the Brooks PR Invitational which is a fun meet! Can't wait to see who we have signed up to compete in the Nike Outdoor Nationals!
taylorswift13
AG
An interesting note, brother of Aggies jumpers Cinyamon Stevenson and Cj Stevenson, JC Stevenson won 3 California state titles and jumped 24'9… a senior who I believe isn't signed anywhere

Katelyn Fairchild's little sister who is in her junior year threw a 169'4 in the javelin… wow and they also have a male cousin Riley Marx who is a junior also and threw 209'9 in the javelin… what genes lol, guess they throw javelins coming out of the womb up there in Kansas
aggierun
Incoming frost Landon Helms easily won the hurdles into a sight headwind with a 13.91 performance. 2nd place was 15.20. He vaults later today.
taylorswift13
AG
Former Texas High School Distance standout London Culbreath has entered the transfer portal. Hasn't raced much in college after so many injuries but if she can stay healthy the talent is there. Gonna be interesting to follow… wonder if we give her a shot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.