Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News

191,728 Views | 1128 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by taylorswift13_
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Camryn Dickson runs 24.08 in the 200 to win the Carl Lewis High School Meet
agAngeldad
With missed on Smallwood out of Poteet HS.
Need to get these!
taylorswift13
AG
I'm a big fan of Smallwood! He is going to be a great 400 hurdler at the collegiate level, bummed he chose texas! But Henry will always have weapons there! Mpoke and a healthy James Smith is probably the best duo in the country, and I bet Kirk Collins is running at nationals in June as well! Although our recruiting on hurdles behind them isn't that strong at all, we need to pick some up!
agAngeldad
Love coach Henry but we have missed on a few studs.
Smallwood times 100h 13.55 300h 36.5ish and 400h 53:6. Those numbers are likely to be in the top 5 at nationals.

My SIL is coach at Poteet and it just wasnt meant to be. Texas T&F is positioned to pass the ags. Hate that.
agAngeldad
Smallwoods times are top 5 in nation. 400h 53.6, 300h 36.5 amd 110h 13.5. Texas is building a monster program. My SIL is a coach at Poteet and it just wasnt meant to be. Smallwood is a quirky guy but a stud. Love Coach H but our recruiting has deopped in several areas that we ised to dominate. To be fair, we have really nailed the 400/800 amd a few LD kids.
taylorswift13
AG
Texas is nowhere close to us on the girls side, our recruiting their the last 2 years has been phenomenal and world class, although on our guys side recruiting out of high school hasn't been up to our standard! Although we did sign transfers in Emmanuel Bamidele, Chevannie Hanson, and Auhmad Robinson and the last two years brought in Moitalel Mpoke and James Smith as transfers. So our transfer portal recruiting is killing it! Our program is still above Texas which will lose so much next year! It seems with the limited scholarships on the men's side our focus is on plug in transfers who can score easily and the girls is high school studs!
taylorswift13
AG
As 94chem posted Carson Parker is an Aggie! A 4:55 miler is always welcome

94chem
taylorswift13 said:

As 94chem posted Carson Parker is an Aggie! A 4:55 miler is always welcome

She ran that as a junior and didn't make State because Heidi and Sophie beat her (4:46 and 4:48). I'm rooting for her to make State in the 800 as well, but we'll see.

I will also add that anybody who runs 4:55 can likely go well under 18 minutes in the 5K. I think that Region III may be the toughest place in the entire country to train for XC. You can have VO2 Max out the wazzoo, but completing the workout when it's 84 at sunrise with 98% humidity doesn't make you tougher. It just wears you out.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
taylorswift13
AG
Makes sense! Based on her numbers she seems like a solid 1500 runner outdoors and mile/3k indoors!! We may need a number 5 or 6 in cross next year, hopefully she adjusts to the 6k well! Can't wait to see what she does this year in track with Nielsen and Atkinson gone, Region 3 will be fun to follow!
taylorswift13
AG
Camryn Dickson wins the Texas Tech High School Meet going 7.56 in the 60 and a fast 23.96 in the 200!
taylorswift13
AG
A family friend and athlete I've helped won the boys shot put, throwing 59 as a junior... offer him A&M
snap
Landon tried to show up...
Flights were cancelled at the airport, rebooked and cancelled again 3 hours later leaving him no way to get there in time to jump.
taylorswift13
AG
That's a bummer, but I saw he had a vault of 16'4 the other day! Can't wait to see all he accomplishes this season!
snap
Highest jump by a HS athlete in the state of Utah indoor & outdoor as well. He has a meet back down there first weekend in May. Hoping to set that record a bit higher.
aggierun
Probably too early to tell, but what do the coaches (Coach Henry) have in mind for Landon Helms? Pole vault or multis… or both…(pretty good hurdler also)
taylorswift13
AG
When he signed, they introduced him as a multi, so I assume he competes there! By his freshman season, he should already be at the top of the decathlon in the pole vault, 110 hurdles, and 100. He's also a solid long jumper already too! Give him a year to work on the throws and running endurance for the 400/1500, and I believe he could be one of the best multis in the nation! But he has a 16'10 pole vault PR, and will possibly best that this year! So a 17 foot vaulter needs to be competing in the open pole vault as well! Our pole vault squad next year is going to be scary! This is what I assume, I'm sure "snap" has a lot more knowledge on Landon!
taylorswift13
AG
Speaking of Landon Helms... HE JUST VAULTED 17'0.75
taylorswift13
AG
Sanu Jallow wins the High School 600 at the Millrose Games in 1:32
snap
I am confident that they will use Landon in any any capacity that makes the most sense (points) at the time. I would expect Hep / Vault to start. Landon has only competed in one multi and had little to no coaching outside of PV & hurdles. He had a great vault this weekend (5.20)
taylorswift13
AG
That's a crazy vault! Especially after the injuries he's had! Especially vaulting and how daunting it is on the body and the mental challenges that come with it! His ceiling is incredible! He can easily be the number 1 vaulter in high school this year!
taylorswift13
AG
Aggies lane another talented pole vaulter on the men's side, Jack Mann right out of Austin! 6A state champ with a 16'6.75 PR!!! He joins Landon Helms to give us a dominant pole vaulting duo! The next Jacob Wooten and Audie Wyatt duo I hope

https://instagr.am/p/CZ7NJTzsySg
snap
I believe that there will be at least 4 or 5 new names on the 12th man list for pole vault in '23 & '24. The bottom of that list is 5.26m (indoor) & 5.35m (outdoor) well within reach of this group of vaulters.
taylorswift13
AG
Definitely, pole vault is heading in the right direction! Love Coach Brady and the addition of Joe Sarra is awesome, his small body of work is off the charts and I think we found a diamond in the rough in terms of coaching! Texas is also loaded with young talented pole vaulters! We are going to become Pole Vault U
taylorswift13
AG
Some notable early season openers/performances from our signees...

Landon Helms: Pole Vault - 17'0.75 (indoors)
Jack Mann: Pole Vault - 16'6
Demarco Escobar: 400 - 47.1
Spencer Werner: (indoors) 1600 - 4:21, 3200 - 9:15
Ethan Sanders: Discus - 165'1

Sanu Jallow: (indoors) 300 - 38.76, 600 - 1:32.7
Camryn Dickson: 200 - 23.96 (indoors)
Jaiya Covington: 60 hurdles - 8.51, 100 hurdles - 13.92
Cassidy Graham: 1600 - 5:06
Amanda Hogan: 1600 - 5:06, 3200 - 10:50
Leah Burr: 60 - 7.56, 300 - 38.89, 400 - 56.6
Abbie Hirth: High Jump - 5'6

Kyle Easton, Emma Little relay's only... Carson Parker, Joy Moorer have ran races outside their main events for work
taylorswift13
AG
Future Aggies competing tomorrow at the Texas A&M Bluebonnet High School Invitational

Women:
Camryn Dickson: 100, 200, 4x100, 4x400
Cassidy Graham: 800, 1600, 3200 seeded
Ana Dela Garza: Shot Put, Discus
Taylor Mathis: 1600, 3200 seeded
Emma Little: 1600

Men:
Jack Mann: Pole Vault
taylorswift13
AG
Jack Mann clears 16'8.75 in his future home
taylorswift13
AG
23.86 for Camryn Dickson
TRM
AG
Getting slow. Over at 5.20m now.
taylorswift13
AG
TRM said:

Getting slow. Over at 5.20m now.
that gives us two 17 foot vaulter recruits in Mann and Helms
taylorswift13
AG
I'm at my schools track meet my female thrower opened her junior season with a 45'6.5 in the shot put and a 155'1 in the discus
taylorswift13
AG
Sophomore from Cedar Park goes 4:53 in the mile... oh and btw her sister was an Aggie. Let's hope sis is good at selling her alma mater
taylorswift13
AG
Future Aggies Cassidy Graham and Emma Little comes in at 6th and 7th running 5:15
taylorswift13
AG
Top freshman might be a familiar name, Seagraves out of College Station! Might be a relation to fellow poster and steeple master...
taylorswift13
AG
Also a Benn is competing in the boys mile from College Station. Probably related to Aggie distance runner Joseph Benn
Z3phyr
taylorswift13 said:

Top freshman might be a familiar name, Seagraves out of College Station! Might be a relation to fellow poster and steeple master...
She runs her races way smarter than me, can't be related

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.