Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News

189,256 Views | 1128 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by taylorswift13_
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She coming in mid-year?
taylorswift13
AG
I hope she's an early enrollee! Those points can be the difference in a national title and second! She is 20 so she can easily do so, but we'll see!
Look Out Below
AG
She signed with Georgia last fall but I'm guessing the coaching change somehow affected some things.

Knowing that, I would be very surprised if she WASN'T here in January.
taylorswift13
AG
If Bara is an early enrollee, we now have 3 6'2+ jumpers on our roster!!!!! Tyra Gittens 6'4.75, Bara Sajdokova 6'3.25, Lamara Distin 6'2.75! Wow zero words! We will have 3 of the top 4/5 high jumpers in the NCAA... points points points
triniaggie
AG

I agree she could be here from January.

She also has a 12.75m PB in the triple jump from 2020 which isn't a bad mark.
triniaggie
AG
Jaiya Covington actually has a 5'8" PB in the high jump and not 5'6"

I am interested to see which events she focuses on at A&M (100m hurdles, 400m hurdles, high jump)

taylorswift13
AG
That is interesting! We got a stronger 400 hurdler in Moorer in my opinion so I'd want her to focus on the 100 hurdles! Covington doesn't have a strong 400 But she ran some distance race this fall, so she's probably trying to up her range to be in 400 shape... but I'm sure Henry has her race in mind! That's why I love early signing day so I know which athletes to follow and root for during their senior year! Can't wait to see how her and Moorer do this season in the 300 hurdles!
taylorswift13
AG
Now let's get some recruits on the men's side... our girls are taking all the glory
triniaggie
AG
Hopefully Auhmad Robinson signs

Hopefully we get at least one of the 400m runners from the state of Michigan in
Kaila Jackson
Comari Hawkins
Leeah Burr

fitzwatema
AG
Love seeing these new Aggie track athletes!
Look Out Below
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CWcNbpmskjN
taylorswift13
AG
WOOOOOOOOOOO HELL YEAH
taylorswift13
AG
Now who do we put on our 4x4 if Robinson anchors! I'd go Moitalel Mpoke - Chevannie Hanson - Emmanuel Bamidele - Auhmad Robinson! Sub 3:00 anyone?

Edit to add: Bamidele over Etiwe
Look Out Below
AG
Don't forget about Bamidele.
taylorswift13
AG
True... lol he MUST be on there! Wow we have so much depth now lol
Look Out Below
AG
If everyone is hitting on all cylinders and we stay injury free I think we go sub-2:59 this year.
taylorswift13
AG
Me too I was just thinking how this could automatically become our best 4x400 ever! Potentially 4 guys splitting under 45! It's going to be crazy putting 4 men together!

Even on the girls side, with good health and slight improvements we can have Charokee Young split sub 50, Syaira Richardson, Tierra Robinson-Jones, and Jaevin Reed split low 51 or faster and even Jania Martin or Kennedy Wade can be plugged in and not see a drop off!!!

400 Meter University
Look Out Below
AG
Our depth is scary. Probably the deepest 400 group on both sides we've ever had. I think both our B teams could qualify for NCAA's this year.

Playing off what you put earlier, how good is an Etiwe - J. Smith - Miller - Broome/Lanier/whoever is hot at the moment B team. Or Wade - Martin - Owens - Chambers.

We are filthy in the 4x4 this year.
triniaggie
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CWo7kBpN8jm
taylorswift13
AG
Nice xc add! A 15:20 PR! And 11th in 6A at state
taylorswift13
AG
BOOOOOOM! Just landed one of the top runners in the country! Has a 2:01.1 PR and placed 7th at nationals last year! WOW WOW WOW!

https://instagr.am/p/CWqtRqXPalF
taylorswift13
AG
I'm at a loss for words!! Pat Henry may not have been pleased on the inside finishing runner up twice! Our girls team will be scary this season!!
Look Out Below
AG
This is definitely one of the best mid-year pickup years we've ever had bringing in AWP, Sajdokova and Robinson -- all immediate national scorers in one form or fashion.
taylorswift13
AG
Really crazy signings! Our girls must be the favorites! Bara and Avi'tal will score nationally, so will Charokee Young, Tierra Robinson Jones, and possibly Syaira Richardson in the 400, both relays will score, Katelyn Fairchild and Lianna Davidson will score in the Jav, Tyra Gittens in the Hep, Tyra and Lamara Distin will medal in the high jump, Deborah Acquah and Tyra in the long, Acquah in the triple, possibly one of Laila Owens or Teajha Badal in the short sprints, Heather Abadie in pole vault, and maybe even hurdlers in Kaylah Robinson and/or Dominque Mustin... I'm at a loss for words
taylorswift13
AG
I'm more excited for the PA announcer to be screaming AVI'TAL WILSON PERTEETE's name as she comes down the Cushing Strait
Look Out Below
AG
Florida will be tough with the addition of the Georgia transfers but we should be in the mix if everyone performs to their potential.
taylorswift13
AG
Very true! Them getting Moore and Hall, to go with their two 400 runners Talitha Diggs and Taylor Manson Hurta! They also added Serena Brown in discus and Vanessa Watson in hurdles! I think our jumpers, two throwers, and the addition of Badal in the sprint relay can put us over the top we could take them down in both relays
triniaggie
AG
I really hope the men and women could put together two very good distance medley relays that could make NCAAs and give us more potential scoring opportunities indoors.
taylorswift13
AG
I hate seeing us only run it once a year... we have lots of depth this year with the additions of Goggans and Perteete! Even Goddard can help too in the mile! We have depth at the 400 to run a quality runner in a DMR! If we wanna save Perteete we can have Goggans - any 400 runner - Mustin - Goddard (assuming she's our fastest girls miler) would be interesting to make this lineup!
taylorswift13
AG
Article on 2022 early signees, Bara Sadjokova, Auhmad Robinson, and Avi'tal Wilson Perteete will compete indoors and outdoors

https://12thman.com/news/2021/11/24/track-and-field-track-field-reloads-with-2022-signing-class.aspx
taylorswift13
AG
Also RIP this xc guy's beautiful hair, he is gonna shave it all off
Guest Commenter
Yes Indeed! I had to scream out loud for about 20 seconds when I saw this pickup!! I have been monitoring early signing classes for A&M since about 2007 and this is by far one of the best EARLY signing classes easily in last 10 years. This class appears to be on the level of any class in the country barring none. Put this class in the same breadth as Stanford's, Virginia's, Georgia's, or NC. This class competes with any of them if not exceeds and Henry used language He usually doesn't use for an early signing class; he called it great and went even further to say, "and we are not done yet" OMG!!!!! He doesn't usually use such descriptors at THIS TIME of year but this class is stupid loaded. Yea - I guess you're right; maybe he didn't like coming 2nd to Stanford for those top recruits but my God - this surely makes me feel better to not lose out on an 800 addition for the year. We NOW have a legitimate candidate to make it 4 consecutive years of obtaining the 800 NCAA women's champion at none other than 800U!!!!! I loved our early class as 2nd to none prior to even seeing getting Perteete but everybody can just STHU and marvel. Henry did his thang on dis!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guest Commenter
A&M RELOADS
What an appropriate headline! We've heard that before about A&M final recruiting classes but never in the context of an early signing class. Oh boy!

Bra Sajdokov and Avi' Tal Wilson-Perteete
I was crushed when I saw Stanford got both Roisin & Whittaker. Losing a brand and champion like Mu is deep and you don't expect to replace her but you do hope to lay a foundation with another future talent in the pipe line and we got neither. Many thought Stanford's academics and their coach JJ will push for them up for supremacy in this 800 group.
Perteete changes that whole narrative for it buys us another year to be in the mainstay of having premiere challengers to the throne. If Perteete can transition to the podium she single-handedly boosts our recruiting momentum in this event area. People were thinking that the baton had passed. As great as Goggan's is she may bea year or two away from being the premiere challenger. That pressure is off of her now and falls to one having been on the stage before. She pushed Jasmine Fray in the last 250 and wouldn't have surprised me if she had taken that crown. Perteete has not gotten back to dropping her times since then but maybe the change will do her good and we all benefit.

Bra Sajdokov replaces an outgoing Bowerman finalists and NCAA point weapon. Nobody replaces those points but we don't drop off any points now from the high jump as we retain two potential point scoreres who both have legitimate shots at the title not just next year but this year too. So in effect we have reloaded. Whatever points we lost from Mu in the 400 we can supplement in this other High jumper. The 4x400 will be fine( 3rd or better easily barring injury; probably the favorites). So yes A&M has RELOADED & looks to be shooting for as many, if not more, points outdoor as last year. I thought The Matrix Reloaded was the ultimate sequel but it looks like it's Pat Henry's early signing class.
Guest Commenter
women's 4x400
Should be great this year barring injury or lack of growth. You can't always expect a team to grow, be injury free, and all have their best legs on the same day but that is what they did last year. If they are injury free, progress, and have good legs they should be one of the top 5 relays of all time this year. Don't forget:
No team led A&M's relay through 3 legs except for one team: USC and one or two of those legs are gone. Everyone will be better but I don't expect more than 2 or 3 teams to be able to lead us through the 1st 3 legs. I don't know of any team who should lead us through th3 1st 3 laps. Every year is different. We have those same three legs coming back and Syairah too. If she's healthy and progresses she is a sub 51 out the blocks. If Syairah accomplishes that; NCAA folks it's over - as that will be a top 2 all time relay. Here's to everyone staying healthy, progressing, and having a good year and outdoor meet. Nothing is promised but the naysayers say we got the record because of Mu and we won't be that good this year. We could be better this year without Mu and that is actually quite possible and Henry will further solidify himself as "Coach 1600U"
taylorswift13
AG
100% agree! I also think the two 2nd places stung Coach Henry! He wants to be back on top of the track world and him and his staff went all out! They've assembled a monster women's class! That team is loaded everywhere! Sprinters, Jumpers, Throwers, Mid-distance, Relays! The men have less depth, but Brandon Miller, Moitalel Mpoke, James Smith, and a loaded sprinter group! They will be in contention! Going to be a fun fun year! I'm gonna have to break down our roster one of these days! Hopefully some trophies are on the horizon!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.