Aggie Track and Field Recruiting News

191,633 Views | 1128 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by taylorswift13_
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fwiw, we don't even have an indoor track facility and we do fine.
As for our recent recruiting haul, there had been rumors our coach wasn't happy with what he had last year and was going to do some house cleaning. I guess with the covid year, free transfers etc, he decided it was a good time to remake things. We are always great on the men's side and good but not great on the women's, for the first time in a long time I think our women have a legit shot at top 2 or 3.
Need Fahnbulleh to come back for the men to have a NC shot, after finishing top 5 at the Olympics I don't think it's a given. But should be a good year for us, health permitting.
taylorswift13
AG
Thanks for your input! You Gators have really loaded up on a strong women's team! Moore, Hall, Watson, and Serena Brown can all fight for points at nationals! Going to be interesting to see! Look forward to fighting for that national title against you! We can both hate on Georgia's track team together lol!
triniaggie
AG

New track and field commitment in high jumper Daniella Munoz.
PB
High jump 5'8.5"

oragator
Semi side note, I love watching T&F and it's been fun while we've had mouse. But I have never been a fan of how they score nationals. In college swimming an 8th place is worth about sixty percent of first, in track it's 10 percent. They also have a B final that scores. The track approach devalues depth and puts a premium on having one or two really high scorers. And that's isn't sour grapes, it's benefitted us some years, like when we had Holloway. But think about the hundreds of kids across the country in any given event, the difference from first to eight shouldn't be ten fold. But you can have 10 kids score at nationals and not even finish top two or three if another school or two has one or two standouts.
I bring it up now in thinking about all of the top 5 or 6 types we brought in this year. Again not sour grapes, just wish the sport would think about it. Would make for more exciting nationals and a fairer result most years. You could either have a B final similar to swimming (though it would admittedly extend the meet a bit), or score first with fifteen and 8th with 5 for example, or 20 and 10. Or score down to 16th based on prelims.
Jmo.
taylorswift13
AG
Solid commitment!! From reading up on her she actually graduated high school in 2020, but decided to go to school online and train with her father who was national champion in high jump in Peru! She competed unattached a few meets this past year and jumped 1.74 or 5'8.5! Going tk be interesting to see how she develops here in Aggieland! Hopefully she's over 5'10 this season and 6'0 the next season to replace Tyra Gittens!
triniaggie
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CTgATecDMfw
taylorswift13
AG
Exactly! Last year our girls relied on Tyra Gittens to score 26 points, Athing Mu in the 400, our relay and two other top 5 finishers! Scholarship limits really put a cap on the sport as well! Teams who can recruit 2-3 generational talents are always going to have a leg up! You all may have more depth than us this year, but Tyra Gittens alone can place top 6 in the nation lol so we just have to have a couple pieces around and a relay score!
triniaggie
AG
For those interested in the SEC track teams roster additions
Arkansas women adds 15 on the women side and 21 on the men side

Abundant talent in Arkansas signing class with 15 additions (arkansasrazorbacks.com)

Impressive Razorback signing class totals 21 additions for upcoming season | Arkansas Razorbacks

LSU adds 10 to their roster

T&F Adds Ten To Program LSU (lsusports.net)

They all add several international athletes including Jamaicans
taylorswift13
AG
Looks like Arkansas added some jumpers in events they been lacking, I like to see how that development goes! But besides the loading up on defense their class isn't overall very strong! LSU has some good transfers, but lost a lot as well! I love our latest signing class! I'm still mad we never got an article detailing all the new signees!
TRM
AG
Here you go:
https://12thman.com/news/2020/12/1/track-and-field-track-field-signs-13-to-open-the-2021-signing-period.aspx

But we've already been putting out releases for all our signees, just not a new comprehensive recap which would be nice.

triniaggie
AG

Recruits who visited us last weekend

https://instagr.am/p/CUAYxM3F5FK

Jada Campos'
PB
100m - 11.52
200m 23.65
400m -55.11

https://instagr.am/p/CUB1L48l4cI

Landon Helms
PB
PV- 16-10"
Decathlon - 6286 points
110m H - 14.48
300m H - 39.44
taylorswift13
AG
Glad we were Jada Campos' first visit! She's a great sprinter and wow getting a visit from Landon Helms is huge!! I would expect official visits to be cranking up the next month with huge football games in town! Hopefully we can get the '22 class rolling!
TRM
AG
We need some Aggie CEO to step up.

https://universe.byu.edu/2021/09/21/smartystreets-enters-into-nil-deal-with-all-female-athletes-at-byu/

Quote:

Another big drop in the Name, Image and Likeness bucket has fallen in Provo, with address verification company SmartyStreets entering into a deal with all female student-athletes at BYU on Tuesday.

The deal was first reported by Garrett McClintock on Twitter and confirmed by BYU Athletics. The deal includes all walk-ons and the Cougarettes and will provide each athlete $6,000 annually. In return for the monetary compensation, the athletes will be required to make periodic social media posts, attend various company events (including the company's annual Sub-4-Santa activity), appear as talent in company marketing materials and wear "SmartyStreets swag."
taylorswift13
AG
A track program that can take full advantage of this will be HUGE... track will obviously behind football and basketball in these things, but I hope we can do something regarding NIL! That will help top notch recruits want to come here and international recruits consider us! The only thing I can contribute as a poor grad student is giving our athletes social media attention

A good idea will be athlete signings and meet and greets before meets! I know some athletes are making money on youtube! Hopefully Brazos Running Company for Shoes can sign some athletes as well!
TRM
AG
Hopefully, they just buy football players and not track athletes.

triniaggie
AG
Recruits who visited Aggieland last weekend

Ethan Sanders - Shot put and Discuss

Kevar Williams - Sprints (10.40 - 100m and 21.01 - 200m)

aggierun
Wonder what recruits the Ags "entertained" at yesterday's game? THE HAD TO BE IMPRESSED!!
taylorswift13
AG
I kept thinking that the whole game, had to be an amazing environment! Makes Pat Henry's job a lot easier!
Chapa96
AG
taylorswift13 said:

I kept thinking that the whole game, had to be an amazing environment! Makes Pat Henry's job a lot easier!

Really for all sports! This was the weekend to bring in all recruits for all sports.
Look Out Below
AG
Look Out Below
AG
taylorswift13
AG
McKenzie Fairchild and Katelyn Fairchild will be the new Maggie and Audrey Malone!!!!!

Thank the Lord this is the weekend Camryn Dickson visited lol
taylorswift13
AG
Looks like Camryn Dickson one of America's top recruits and other track prospects stormed the field after the Bama game! Woah!
triniaggie
AG
Sprinter Tiriah Kelley was also one of the recruits there this weekend

PB
100m 11.47
200m 23.50

She only recorded these PBs in the summer. She wasn't on many schools radar before. Her 100m PB before was 11.77 and 200m was 24.14
triniaggie
AG
Camryn Dickson was able to visit the faculties in engineering (biomedical engineering) and also speak to students doing biomedical engineering

https://instagr.am/p/CU3qx1XMxy_
taylorswift13
AG
Seems like she loved the visit, I think it'll come down to us and Georgia which was her first official. Hopefully we did enough to impress her!
triniaggie
AG

Joy Moorer top 5 schools.

PB
300H 41.69
LJ 19-1
200m 24.58
400m 56.61
100H 14.42
Quote:

Moorer broke former North Canyon star Dominique Mustin's school record of 42.03 seconds in the 300 hurdles. Moorer's time of 41.69 is the state record for juniors. Mustin was an influence on Moorer in the times they trained together, before Mustin left for Texas A&M.

taylorswift13
AG
Bring her in Mustin!!
Look Out Below
AG
Look Out Below
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Ethan Sanders commits to the Aggies!! Can't wait to see what he does this track season!!
Discus: 176'0
Shot put: 58'8

fitzwatema
AG
Nice pick up for Coach Henry! Welcome to Aggieland!
taylorswift13
AG
Time to get the commitments rolling!
taylorswift13
AG
More official visits
Saniya Friendly 100: 11.44
triniaggie
AG

Some Recruits this weekend

Jaiya Covington

High Jump - 5'6"
100m hurdles - 13.19
300m hurdles - 43.69

https://instagr.am/p/CVZEpvmMl1x

Joy Moorer

https://instagr.am/p/CVZL53qLAhJ

Lashanna Graham
Barton Community College
PB
400m H - 57.26
400m - 53.72

https://instagr.am/p/CVZpyw-gQC_

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.