***Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

32,742 Views | 292 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LHIOB
blackgoldag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txaggiefarmer05 said:

Until that last question, Hannah won that tribal.
agreed, I don't like sob stories affecting the voting but Adam did a great job using it as the way the game changed him. I think he will win and not because of the story but because he did play a great game
blackgoldag11
AG
I still just can't figure out why Bret and Chris don't think Ken did anything. The dude won 3 or 4 of the individual immunities
aggietoolman
AG
Adam and David appeared to me to have the winner's edit for a while now. I thought Adam had the worst of that final tribal outside of what came from Chris. I don't know if his mother would affect jurrors to secure the win, but Hannah did really well and could make it close.
blackgoldag11
AG
Hannah should of jumped in when Chris was talking about Adam swaying Ken to vote for Dave because she's the one who did it IMO
blackgoldag11
AG
Damn. Blowout
HTownAg98
I'm not a fan of pity votes.
blackgoldag11
AG
Adam also played a great game
DannyDuberstein
AG
HTownAg98 said:

I'm not a fan of pity votes.

Agree. We watch Chopped from time to time, and the pity sell-job is used by the contestants pretty frequently. Sometimes you'll get 2 or even all 3 that try it. Our coldhearted asses usually just end up mocking them. It rarely seems to work on there though, and I can't say that's what did it for this one. But it didn't hurt
blackgoldag11
AG
He took 2 people with him who the jury felt didn't do much to get there. Would of been a different story if jay or Dave was next to him
txaggiefarmer05
AG
And the Winner Is....

Congrats to BlackLab on the victory, joining myself, Ronnie, and Muckraker as Champions of the Texags Survivor Pick 'Em game, and so close for CheeseSndwch.

If you have any ideas on some ways to score all the extra advantages or to spice up the scoring a little bit, lets hear it. Or wait until February, when we do it all again. All returnees next season, so we might could pick earlier.
blackgoldag11
AG
So glad makayla and tai are in the next one. Fun players to watch
HTownAg98
If they don't vote out Sandra immediately they are a bunch of morons.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
One of the ways I felt like Adam played it best was after trying to take control early after the merge and putting himself on a somewhat hot seat, he then had the awareness to sit back and let others play aggressive. Most of the time when someone makes a big move, they try to follow it up with another and inevitably blow their game up.
Premium
AG
KEN played the best game but politics
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Check out #survivorfinale on twitter if you ever need to appreciate your intelligence. 75% are talking about how Ken deserved to win and played the best game.
LHIOB
AG
I cant imagine how hard it was for Adam to be away from his mom. My dad passed away in March from cancer and I was lucky enough to spend the last month or so with him and my family. The water works were flowing tonight. That being said had I been given the chance he would have told me to go play and to bring back the money for my family.

I respect that Adam didnt make a huge deal about it and didnt tell anyone until around Day 34. Theres no way I wouldnt have been able to talk about it. Its pretty much all I could think about for the 16 months my dad was sick.
Quinn
AG
People don't tend to include those in their analysis of how someone played most of the time. Not sure why, but it is often ignored:
PermianBasinAggie
AG
blackgoldag11 said:

I still just can't figure out why Bret and Chris don't think Ken did anything. The dude won 3 or 4 of the individual immunities

Yeah, I don't think Ken deserved to win, but the jury was way too dismissive of his game. I had a crazy idea...since winning challenges doesn't seem to be valued anymore, and all it really does is make you a bigger target, what if they did a season where there were no more immunity challenges post- merge? I'm not exactly sure how it would look, but Jeff keeps going on and on about the evolution game (dial it back, Probst)...how about evolving the basic stricture of the game?
BlackLab
AG
Yes!
zap
AG
"Evolution of the game." BARF

Do what you can, when you can, how you can to get yourself to the end. It's irritating when finalists strategies/gameplay are downplayed because it didn't fit someone else's idea of "how the game should be played."
blackgoldag11
AG
Agreed, like Ken said, he played the old school style of game of staying true to his alliance, winning immunity and then took out his friend and what he thought was his biggest threat at the end and people didn't respect him for that. And his two biggest haters, Bret and Chris didn't do **** the whole time when it came to making moves
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Too much is left on the edit room floor I guess. Also, I'm more old school, but I thought Ken had at least 50/50 going in against Adam. Either the sob story put him over the top or there is way more to the background we missed.

Ken did miss the opportunity to try to sway the jury. He should have made the pitch that he was a camp and challenge warrior, loyal, etc until he got in the position needed, then the predictable vote (for non playing Ken) was pitting Adam and David making fire, BUT he chose to get rid of the bigger threat and that way he could of owned it.

He did surprise me by picking off David, that's why I was more impressed. Winner's edit really in play with the Mom story.

Even with Hannah cleaned up, Ken should have gotten a restraining order against her. #clustercreepy
aTmAg
AG
I can't forget Ken's "test" earlier in the season. That was idiotic. I think he deserved to lose because of that alone.
Bulldog73
AG
aTmAg said:

I can't forget Ken's "test" earlier in the season. That was idiotic. I think he deserved to lose because of that alone.
Adam played the social game much better from beginning to end. A sob story doesn't matter if you hate the guy, but he was generally liked even by his in game enemies. But Ken's test alone made him terrible enough of an option that I never would've considered voting for him even though I liked him.
Quinn
AG
Did anyone else think that was a really lame final immunity challenge?
LHIOB
AG
I loved the challenge. Its took skill and gamesmanship.
Rudyjax
AG
I think it gave everyone equal opportunity to win.
Rudyjax
AG
One of the things I noticed in this game is that once it got to X players, everyone genuinely liked each other. They had their factions, but they seemed to like each other. Was that just editing or just me?
MooreTrucker
AG
It wasn't just you. Probst mentioned it many times in interviews, how they hated and loved each other, and weathered all the blindsides without being bitter...although Bret seemed pretty pissed even at the end.
TAMU_91
AG
MooreTrucker said:

It wasn't just you. Probst mentioned it many times in interviews, how they hated and loved each other, and weathered all the blindsides without being bitter...although Bret seemed pretty pissed even at the end.
Bret was shooting daggers when he came out for the jury.
Rudyjax
AG
You can like someone and still be angry at them.
TAMU_91
AG
Yeah I just thought that was funny. He was PISSED.

I think the one I liked the most was Jay. Man, he made a fool of himself pulling out that fake idol and being all cocky about not going home. He really handled it gracefully though when he was told it wasn't an idol and was voted out.
LHIOB
AG
Jay was great. Went out in BRUTAL fashion and took it like a champ. He's the type of guy we will see again.
Rudyjax
AG
Jay is really likeable.
aTmAg
AG
I think the Jay/Adam dynamic was great. It was like 2 guys playing chess/checkers with each other. When one makes a good move at the other's expense, the other guy doesn't suddenly hate him for it. He might throw a cuss word or two, but will recognize the good move. Such as when Adam forced Jay to play his idol.

I've always hated petty players who take everything so personal. So what a guy blindsided your alliance? It was a good move. Make a move of your own to counter it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.