***Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

32,757 Views | 292 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LHIOB
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im really liking it. Lots of good characters.
kpaggie05
AG
I just wish the edit wasn't so obvious. Not even halfway through you could tell which tribe was going to lose and which person would go home. I'd rather them show what's going on at all the tribes.

The challenges have been good so far - I feel like they have more variety than we've seen in the past. I like that they are adding in new ones - reusing them gets a little old.
MooreTrucker
AG
Me too. I like watching the machinations and swaps between the two groups within the tribes. Chris/Zeke, Adam/Ken, the bottom Millenials figuring out how to work with Gen-Xers and vice versa.

Some of the editing is a bit heavy-handed though - all of the "FigTayls" romance, "we have the numbers so it's all good" stuff. You heard that and you KNEW how tribal was gonna go.

I loved the big come-from-behind challenge wins, too. And how surprised Figgy was that the Gen-Xers had already figured out her deal with Taylor before she decided to tell them.
Bulldog73
AG
I agree the edit was incredibly obvious, and the season has been what I expected. I got a Nielsen log for the week, so maybe if we watch this season repeatedly, it'll register that people still watch the show.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Pretty sure Survivor wins it's time slot every week, usually 10-11 million viewers.

They've done this season before(Nicaragua, old vs young) and it was a pretty lousy season, dominated by young who had a numbers advantage all the way through.
LHIOB
AG
They are doing 2 seasons a year. I don't think viewers are an issue. Sure its not the numbers they had at the beginning but its still doing very well.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Absolutely, it has a loyal, niche audience that has defied the odds. I've been bored early on, but I think this season will get way better at the merge as long as the millennials don't regroup. And even if I don't like the season, I'll still be back to watch in the spring.
Bulldog73
AG
True, it still has a lot of viewership, but it is decreasing every season. (I realize I'm using Wikipedia as a source since it puts it in a clean format.) Even finales lately have pulled less than 10 million viewers. I wonder what the point is where they go to 1 season or pull the plug altogether.

Survivor Ratings
Rudyjax
AG
Bulldog73 said:

True, it still has a lot of viewership, but it is decreasing every season. (I realize I'm using Wikipedia as a source since it puts it in a clean format.) Even finales lately have pulled less than 10 million viewers. I wonder what the point is where they go to 1 season or pull the plug altogether.

Survivor Ratings
All shows eventually get the plug pulled. But as long as they're making $$, they're good.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
And I don't know if it was mentioned, but voting Figgy out was the smartest move to make by Ken and Jessica. Got rid of the brains of the couple, and left the dude with a broken heart and now a vendetta against one of his own.

Rudyjax
AG
The smartest move was flipping Adam.

This season is getting better. I think they saw right away based on the dailies how it was going to go and flipped the game quickly for 3 tribes. I doubt that was planned.

That's why Survivor has survived. They're not afraid to try new things and stop when things aren't working.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Unthought Known said:

eh, I thought he would flip as soon as that tribe formed. He's a super fan, and knew if he kept the status quo he'd be right back on the bottom of a millennial dominated merge tribe.
Rudyjax
AG
txaggiefarmer05 said:

Unthought Known said:

eh, I thought he would flip as soon as that tribe formed. He's a super fan, and knew if he kept the status quo he'd be right back on the bottom of a millennial dominated merge tribe.
Being the swing vote on both sides is never a good place to be. it means you're at the bottom of 2 alliances. But he knew that.
MooreTrucker
AG
Unthought Known said:

This season is getting better. I think they saw right away based on the dailies how it was going to go and flipped the game quickly for 3 tribes. I doubt that was planned.

That's why Survivor has survived. They're not afraid to try new things and stop when things aren't working.
Unlike the Big Brother crew.....
MooreTrucker
AG
Unthought Known said:

txaggiefarmer05 said:

Unthought Known said:

Being the swing vote on both sides is never a good place to be. it means you're at the bottom of 2 alliances. But he knew that.
He did know that, but surprisingly most don't. They think that being the swing vote gives them all the power.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Actually met 'Figgy' at a volunteering event last week. Didn't know who she was until later on (I don't watch the show). She seemed genuinely nice.
LHIOB
AG
Being the 5th in 2 groups of 2 is the ideal spot to be. I'd like to see a group of Zeke and Chris + Adam, Ken and Jessica and maybe David.
Rudyjax
AG
LHIOB said:

Being the 5th in 2 groups of 2 is the ideal spot to be. I'd like to see a group of Zeke and Chris + Adam, Ken and Jessica and maybe David.

If your goal is to be in the game as long as possible.

If your goal is to win, you want to be on top. You may go down, but you do down on trying to win.
Rudyjax
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Unthought Known said:

I'll take your word for it??
MooreTrucker
AG
Unthought Known said:

MooreTrucker said:

Unthought Known said:

I'll take your word for it??
If you watch BB or read the threads on here, you'd understand.
Rudyjax
AG
No interest.
gambochaman
AG
figgy gone

season dead
tallgrant
Shockingly, Figgy and Taylor didn't last past the show.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/27/survivor-figgy-taylor-millennials-vs-gen-x

Interesting to read how she sees herself. I know not everything makes the show, but I think she is sugar coating what really happenned. She was more likely the one making strategic decisions than Taylor (he seems to be just along for the ride) but I think she got in her clique and hit cruise control. Her statement to Michelle at the reward challenge contradicts how she is portraying herself in the interview.

10Aggie10
AG
I'm not really a fan of Michaela (or anyone) getting to confront and continuously spout off to Jay (or former tribe members). Jeff typically says "you have to go" or something to that effect; that went on for way too long.

Primarily I just want Probst to be consistent. In the past, we've had contestants turn around to say things, and he's ushering them down the walkway while cutting them off.
hurleyag
AG
I kept waiting for her to let the rest of the group know he has an idol.
zap
AG
I feel like they voted Micheala out too early. She would have been valuable post merge with planning and organization, plus she would have been a HUGE target.
blackgoldag11
AG
Stupid to vote michaela out, she was probably the best all around player this season which made people paranoid
Midtown SAHD
I thought voting her out was smart. She was playing very hard but playing very openly. By that, I mean, she was openly rooting for the Figgy tribe to lose last week, she constantly was combative, needlessly, with people on the periphery of her alliance, she made it clear (at least to me) that she was going to dump her alliance at the first sign of trouble or advantage to herself, which any good player would. You just don't advertise that aspect. In the end, her hubris and anger did her in. Her reaction to the vote, while it was being read and then when she was leaving just solidified why voting her out was smart.

She was good TV, however.
LHIOB
AG
Agree, it was smart to get her out now. She was really good TV and theres a great chance we see her again soon.

Jay telling her "I did that" was a great Survivor moment.
CheeseSndwch
double aught
AG
From a few episodes back, but I'd just like to say that Figgy on all fours on that reviewing stand during the reward challenge was quite a sight.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
FYI, there's a casting call in grapevine(Dfw) today, if you get here before 6 you get to audition.
double aught
AG
LHIOB said:

Jay telling her "I did that" was a great Survivor moment.
Yep. Jay staring her down was pretty awesome.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Pick 'Em Standings

Time to make your two final picks. Deadline next Wednesday @7 central. Rules for scoring post-merge are different and can be found in the rules section of the link.
zap
AG
Why did they vote out Michelle? Because losing her would weaken Jay and Taylor?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.