***Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

32,735 Views | 292 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LHIOB
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Why didn't Gen X go for broke and ask for the immunity idol in exchange for the fishing gear?

They aren't that smart.
MooreTrucker
AG
Unthought Known said:

CheeseSndwch said:

Why didn't Gen X go for broke and ask for the immunity idol in exchange for the fishing gear?

They aren't that smart.
My first reaction is that they won't allow the idol to be on the table, but I can also see Probst saying that *anything* is on the table.
LHIOB
AG
They have tried to exchange before and if I recall the other tribe allowed it. I figured fishing gear would be much better than the comfort items but listening to RHAP Rob and Stephen both said go for comfort every time. They have each played 2 seasons.

They said the chair is so big. Sitting on stumps and logs and the ground for a month will wreck you.

I never looked at it that way from my couch.

I would have liked them to do a 3 way split to 3 tribes of 6 there but I guess they are really going all in on the stereotypes.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Is David really a cartoon character that the producers made to look slightly human?

If they don't break up that couple on the next show, millenials are gonna get to the end and it will effectively end my watching.
Rudyjax
AG
So David wrote for the Family Guy. That's going to impress the Millenials more than the Gen Xers, even though it was written for Gen Xers as that's where all the jokes come from.

But I think that they will be more impressed, sharing stories about Seth and such. That is something they will aprciate more.

Just my thoughts.
Quinn
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Only Baby Boomers would be that selfish.
G Martin 87
AG
Sorry, but Jessica is too stupid to deserve to stay in this game.
MooreTrucker
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Sorry, but Jessica is too stupid to deserve to stay in this game.
Agreed, but I still don't understand why David played the idol for her. What was the gain? And was it worth the cost?
LHIOB
AG
He gained her loyalty and flipped the numbers in his favor on his tribe. He now has Jessica, Sunday and CC on his side. None are physical threats so they have a good chance to make it deep after a merge

He also knows that Chris is a first boot at the merge so he doesnt need him to be in his group.

Good episode for sure. Having just had my father pass away dude to cancer I really felt for Adam in his moment. I hope his mom got to watch tonight.

gravy97
AG
Jess was very dumb... if what Ken told her was true... and she asked Lucy about it... of course Lucy is going to deny it. If he was lying... and he asked Lucy about it... of course Lucy is going to deny it.
MooreTrucker
AG
gravy97 said:

Jess was very dumb... if what Ken told her was true... and she asked Lucy about it... of course Lucy is going to deny it. If he was lying... and he asked Lucy about it... of course Lucy is going to deny it.
I loved his response at Tribal when she asked him "was I just supposed to trust you?" and he quite matter-of-factly answered "yeah" like it should have just been understood.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Sunday and CC are completely worthless. What an absolutely weak alliance this is shaping up to be... and it just might work out.
MooreTrucker
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Sunday and CC are completely worthless. What an absolutely weak alliance this is shaping up to be... and it just might work out.
They're playing the BB James "vote what the house wants" game. Even Jess's "ally" Sunday voted for her because everyone else was.
LHIOB
AG
There have been some competition beasts in the past but few like Chris in the reward comp. He just physically whipped them. I laughed when it looked like David was going to grab the post and then out of nowhere Chris comes in and wins the point.

Ken's "yeah" and stare was awesome. I was listening to RHAP from last week and both Rob and Josh said that maybe there won't be a tribe swap this season. If they don't swap then David and Ken are in a good spot.
Quinn
AG
Edited for potential spoilers
LHIOB
AG
I try not to watch those because they give too much away
Quinn
AG
My b
Bulldog73
AG
It's so strange. My wife generally HATES spoilers. If we get to a theater early, sometimes she'll stay in the lobby until the previews are through, but she loves to watch the "Next Time on Survivor". I can't even begin to try to understand the logic there.
MooreTrucker
AG
LHIOB said:

There have been some competition beasts in the past but few like Chris in the reward comp. He just physically whipped them. I laughed when it looked like David was going to grab the post and then out of nowhere Chris comes in and wins the point.

Ken's "yeah" and stare was awesome. I was listening to RHAP from last week and both Rob and Josh said that maybe there won't be a tribe swap this season. If they don't swap then David and Ken are in a good spot.
Ummmm......
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Standings

Those who chose Jessica in the pickem(kpaggie and tallgrant) I need to know if it's hot jessica(figgy) or uggo Jessica.
tamu80
AG
Farmer05 - you have one of the women wrong on your spreadsheet. I had

F1: Jessica

F2: Hannah

Not Figgy,
tamu80
AG
OK Farmer 05.... UK and BlackLab get the 2 point bump because Adam found the HII

Why would a couple of others also get the 2 points?
I'm sure it's just a rule I don't understand...
jdgilberg
AG
2 points for Dave using the idol to save Jessica

Edited to add then remove spoiler tag
MooreTrucker
AG
Is it a spoiler if it already was shown on the TV box?
Rudyjax
AG
I am the spoiler police.

Not a spoiler.
jdgilberg
AG
That's what I thought too but then saw some spoiler tags above and edited just in case
tx1c
AG
Woohoo!

I'm in second place!
txaggiefarmer05
AG
TAMC80 said:

Why would a couple of others also get the 2 points?
I'm sure it's just a rule I don't understand...
jdgilberg got it right. David played the idol for someone else and it saved them from going home. If someone else had more votes and he played it for the wrong person, he'd have gotten nothing. it's in the rules page on the pre-merge scoring section.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
tx1c said:

Woohoo!

I'm in second place!
I see you're a glass half full kind of person, because I'm tied for last.
kpaggie05
AG
Quote:

Alright, here are my picks:

GenX - Jessica
GenX - Chris
Millennial - Will
Millennial - Michaela
My pick was the GenX Jessica - not Figgy.

This season is just not very good. I also listen to RHAP and even all of the feedback show guests say they don't really like this season. And what's with the legacy idol? I'm already ready for next season!
zap
AG
Not a big shock that CC got the boot. She was pretty useless.

I suspected Chris was some type of college athlete. The guy is fairly dominant in challenges.

Anybody notice the infection on David's face?
MooreTrucker
AG
zap said:

Not a big shock that CC got the boot. She was pretty useless.

I suspected Chris was some type of college athlete. The guy is fairly dominant in challenges.

Anybody notice the infection on David's face?
Yeah, I saw that, in his beard. Looked to have potential to get nasty.
LHIOB
AG
I did a search last night for the 2000 OU team and Chris was a senior captain on that team. I always love it when two totally different people bond over a sports team/moment.
tallgrant
tallgrant said:

Chris, Gen X
Jay, MIllenials

Jessica, Gen X
Michelle, Millenials

I also took Gen X Jessica, not Figgy.

Big thank you for running the game!
zap
AG
This may be the most underwhelming season ever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.