LSU Recruiting Class

15,224 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Dave Robicheaux
TexanJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For a down year, it is looking pretty salty.

Especially compared to ours.

What gives?
BBQ4Me
AG
We are not the only one who upgraded their facilities.

ragincagin
We got a D coordinator and D line coach who actually recruit.
Tamu_mgm
AG
^Lol. I'll admit, Ed O is a much better recruiter than Haley was (mainly because he used to be a head coach at 3 different places), but c'mon you're still trolling with that BS about Chavis being a not so good recruiter?
ragincagin
quote:
^Lol. I'll admit, Ed O is a much better recruiter than Haley was (mainly because he used to be a head coach at 3 different places), but c'mon you're still trolling with that BS about Chavis being a not so good recruiter?
He isn't a good recruiter, he's a good coach but recruiting isn't his strong point. While Steele isn't as strong in x's and o's he will get out and bring in top notch players.
ckwarren33
Unquestionably, LSU gets studs on its defense, and those studs do well in college and do well in the League. A&M hasnt had anywhere close to this level of success in the past 10 years. Additionally, I do believe LSU has a better recruiting group than A&M - right now. A&M turned over its stud recruiters in an effort to improve the development, which I suspect will be fruitful over the next 2-4 years. All we see right now is the drop off in terms of recruiting. We wont see the improvement on the field until . . . they play a 6-game set.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Tyrel Dodson begs to differ. Just one good example so far, and Jefferey McCullough might be next.. To say he isn't a good recruiter is straight horse s*** especially considering how much underrated and well rated talent he brought in at LSU and turned them into draft picks and productive NFL players. I thougjt you knew this by now, recruiting goes deeper than star rating.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Glad you think we got a good coach in Chavis. We do too.
DayAg!
S
How hard is it to recruit to LSU being the only state school out of a talent rich state like Louisiana. I think Sumlin has done a dang good job considering the amount of competition from Div 1 schools we have in Texas. If we were the only state school in Texas how would that look like in recruiting. Wouldnt even be fair.
ragincagin
quote:
Tyrel Dodson begs to differ. Just one good example so far, and Jefferey McCullough might be next.. To say he isn't a good recruiter is straight horse s*** especially considering how much underrated and well rated talent he brought in at LSU and turned them into draft picks and productive NFL players. I thougjt you knew this by now, recruiting goes deeper than star rating.
Wow impressive, y'all took a LB out of Tennessee with no Tennessee offer. Only other big offers were Arkansas and maybe Mizzou. better praise Chavis for that pull.
SarcasmAg08
AG
quote:
quote:
Wow impressive, y'all took a LB out of Tennessee with no Tennessee offer. Only other big offers were Arkansas and maybe Mizzou. better praise Chavis for that pull.

ELGINAG
AG
Why jous be feedin dem corn dog lovin Justin Wilson Lookin trolls ?
cmurray62
Why are some of you surprised that LSU recruits well year in and year out? LSU has had tremendous success over the last 15-16 years. Most of these kids being recruited aren't but 17-18 years old right now. all they know is that LSU is a powerhouse football program.

LSU has won over the last 15 years:

*7 SEC West Titles (outright or tied)
*4 SEC Championships
*played in numerous BCS Bowls
*played in 3 BCS Championship Games
*Won 2 BCS Championships
*Averaged over 10 wins per season for the last 10 years
*Had many High Profile wins vs. UNC; WVU; TCU; Oregon; Miami; Wisconsin; Bama; etc. Many in kick-off classic games early in the season.

In addition, LSU may lose a kid or two from Louisiana but for the most part the kids are very loyal and have grown up wanting to play for LSU. In the last 2 years Louisiana has produced the #1 WRs in the nation in Malachi Dupre & Tyron Johnson and the #1 RB in the nation in Leonard Fournette. LSU got them all. This is nothing new. LSU also has a very strong presence in East Texas and the Houston-Beaumont areas and can recruit very well there as well as in Florida which has always been good to LSU recruiting. Whether some of you want to admit it or not LSU is easy to recruit to and many kids love it Baton Rouge.
LSU has the "it" factor. It's "cool" to play here.
d78230
AG
Little doubt that we're not at lsu's level yet. But we're going to get there.

Gig'em.
ALL IN 2013
AG
Actually Speedy Noil was the number 1 wide receiver in the nation, not Malachi Dupre.
pfo
AG
quote:
quote:
He isn't a good recruiter, he's a good coach but recruiting isn't his strong point. While Steele isn't as strong in x's and o's he will get out and bring in top notch players.

Yeah who could ever forget the powerhouse Kevin Steel built at Baylor? One year they even won 3 games! Steel recruited such unforgettable names as..... Ummmm... Errrrrr. Well anyway he is one helluva recruiter because... Hummmmm...... Errrrrrrr. Well anyway nobody could ever win at Baylor. I bet Art Briles falls on his rump...... Hummmmm..... Errrrrrrrr

Well anyway LSU has had one helluva run and if anyone can make up for Kevin Steel's lack of X and O's it's that genius Les Miles!
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
They have to praise Steele's recruiting. The last game he coached a defense in, he gave up 70 (to a coach that came from Sumlin's tree, no less)
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Actually Speedy Noil was the number 1 wide receiver in the nation, not Malachi Dupre.

To be fair Speedy was listed as an athlete.

But I wouldn't trade Christian Kirk for Tyron Johnson in a million years either.
GtownRAB
AG
I am not as worried about stars. We have plenty of talent. A mix of 3/4 stars with a few players like Mack and Garrett is fine.

What Chavis has done is develop talent. Ags have been awful at that for years know. Notice we keep playing young guys each year, our defense never seems to get older.

Lsu has and will be stacked with talent. Their quality of coach has dropped off some though. Time will tel if Steele can get the job done with that talent or not.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Lol, you're using UT as the benchmark for offers? Oh but because it's his home state...that makes A LOT more sense..... Completely dodged the point of what I was saying. Not surprised.
ragincagin
quote:
Lol, you're using UT as the benchmark for offers? Oh but because it's his home state...that makes A LOT more sense..... Completely dodged the point of what I was saying. Not surprised.
What point did I dodge? You used that guy as an example as Chavis being a good recruiter when your only competition was really Arkansas. Horrible example but i wouldn't expect the biggest homer on this site to see that. If you would have beat out FSU, LSU, Bama, AU,or even his home state school then your point may have some merit but beating out Arkansas for a 3* lb(per rivals) doesn't prove your point.
ckwarren33
quote:
quote:
What point did I dodge? You used that guy as an example as Chavis being a good recruiter when your only competition was really Arkansas. Horrible example but i wouldn't expect the biggest homer on this site to see that. If you would have beat out FSU, LSU, Bama, AU,or even his home state school then your point may have some merit but beating out Arkansas for a 3* lb(per rivals) doesn't prove your point.
Get your licks in now Cajin, b/c LSU's current defensive staff cant coach as well as the same staff it had for the prior 5+ years. And your squad has struggled on offense the past couple years. So you best be figuring out how to keep the W/L record high so you can keep gloating about your superior defensive recruiting versus A&M, And on the offensive side of the ball, I dont think LSU recruits better than A&M since Sumlin came to town.
Mysguidednlv
AG
It should be apparent to anyone who has watched A&M Football for the last 4 years that we didn't need another defensive recruiter.... We needed a Defensive Coach that can develop talent and can put together a solid game plan. That's why there is so much excitement surrounding the Chavis hire. I suspect that LSU fans will understand this concept in about 2-4 years when their football program is sitting in the bottom half of the SEC. Their offense won't enable to keep up with opposing teams racking up 30 per game. Talent can only carry you so far... There's talent scattered all throughout the top two divisions of college football. What you do with that talent is what makes the biggest impact.
ckwarren33
Cajin, what's up with the 3* offensive tackle commit from Alabama? I thought your program had some all-everything badass recruiters. . .
ragincagin
quote:
Cajin, what's up with the 3* offensive tackle commit from Alabama? I thought your program had some all-everything badass recruiters. . .
What? Do you see me one here bragging that we took the kid and trying to justify it by saying we got an OOS 3* player? All major programs take some 3* but trying to justify your new DC as being a good recruiter bc he did so is hilarious. Also just ignore the fact LSU has four 5* committed so far.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Dodged the point that Chavis is not a bad recruiter. You pointed out that one recruit Chavis got didn't have an offer from his in state program, but completely dodged the fact that Chavis brought in and developed a lot of talent at LSU. It's okay, I don't expect you to understand in a couple days when you reply after the internet comes back online in your double-wide.
ragincagin
quote:
Dodged the point that Chavis is not a bad recruiter. You pointed out that one recruit Chavis got didn't have an offer from his in state program, but completely dodged the fact that Chavis brought in and developed a lot of talent at LSU. It's okay, I don't expect you to understand in a couple days when you reply after the internet comes back online in your double-wide.
And you keep ignoring the fact that it wasn't Chavis bringing in the talent. Yes he was good at developing it but he wasn't the one bringing them in.That credit goes to Frank Wilson and Corey Raymond but keep ignoring the fact. With that great aggie education you would think you could have a conversation or debate without retorting to name calling. That's generally what idiots do when they have no grounds to stand on and are fighting a losing battle.
cmurray62
You Ags apparently think that the only coach at LSU was Chavis. Well he wasn't. I also ask you this. If Chavis was/is so great then how many coaches left LSU to come coach with him? ANSWER is NONE. The entire defensive staff with the exception of Brick Haley (ended up at Baylor) signed contracts and stayed at LSU.
LSU got rid of Haley for Orgeron and the rest of the staff is still in Baton Rouge.

Regarding Steele, y'all continually talk about how terrible the man is because of a game in the Orange Bowl where the offense gave up 4 Turnovers which led to 28 points against Clemson including a fumble by Clemson at the 1 yard line which was returned 99 yards for a TD. That is 4 TD's that the defense had nothing to do with. The fact is that the Clemson offense was as responsible for the results in that game as anyone but y'all can continue to talk propaganda in the finest A&M fashion which we have come to know and expect. The truth about Steele is that he is recognized as being on of the best LB coaches in the country. Look at the development of Bama LBs under Steele for proof. I will also say that Steele was good enough for Saban to hire not once but TWICE. He was also recognized as one of Bama's best recruiters just as Chavis was recognized as not recruiting at LSU.

Go back to your predictions of LSU's demise now. We are here, will be here and are waiting.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Keep singing lalala and covering your ears lsufans. The results on the filed will show who won in the Chavis sweepstakes soon enough.
ragincagin
quote:
Keep singing lalala and covering your ears lsufans. The results on the filed will show who won in the Chavis sweepstakes soon enough.
How did you win something that the other side didn't put up a fight for?
cmurray62
Won? If LSU wanted to keep Chavis LSU could have easily matched anything A&M offered. The truth is that Joe Alleva (LSU AD) did not want to pay Chavis any more than what was in the contract offer.

LSU was also not happy with Brick Haley as a DL coach but Chavis was Haley's mentor and good friend. Miles had let this be known and Chavis didn't like it. Haley had already signed his LSU contract when Chavis had not and LSU demoted Haley to a non-coaching position when Chavis announced his A&M intentions. Haley found a job at Baylor after LSU brought in Orgeron and Steele.

The point is that LSU did not choose to try to keep Chavis and wished him well. If you consider that a win then so be it. LSU will show up in Tiger Stadium and be more than ready I assure you.
cmurray62
Oh say it ain't so!!!

Andre Anthony DE from Edna Karr in N.O. was recruited by the great Chavis but just committed to LSU.

How oh How could this happen???? I thought Chavis was the reason LSU had stockpiled so many players on defense particularly on the DL. Maybe he like so many others prefer to stay home and play for Ed Orgeron.

Hmmmm???
ragincagin
quote:
Oh say it ain't so!!!

Andre Anthony DE from Edna Karr in N.O. was recruited by the great Chavis but just committed to LSU.

How oh How could this happen???? I thought Chavis was the reason LSU had stockpiled so many players on defense particularly on the DL. Maybe he like so many others prefer to stay home and play for Ed Orgeron.

Hmmmm???
No way, he had a A&M offer and Chavis is at A&M now and A&M took speedy away from LSU who went to Karr and this kid went to Karr also so no way this could have happened!
ckwarren33
Riiight, sure LSU could have kept Chavis . . . if they had done the right things 1 and 2 years ago. They pissed in his Cheerios, kind of like you two trolls are doing on this thread. We'll see how those 2 retreads you hired work out. I can tell you many Aggie fans are quaking in their boots to face the double barrel blast of that vaunted LSU recruiting AND those studly coaches (including the former Baylol HC).
No Bat Soup For You
AG
This coon ass circle jerk is precious. Ya'll keep pulling on each other's boudin.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.