Question on Season tickets

1,144 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by RAB88
RAB88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Totally understand the letting existing ticketholders renew. But appears there is not enough reserved seating for prospective season ticket holders?

Me: Class of '84 living in Dallas, but have a daughter starting in August. Have always been a football season ticket holder, watched the VBall team on all streaming, attended the games at SMU last season and there in the fall. And drove to KC by myself to watch the championship. So I don't think I'm a total bandwagoner.(maybe some)

But, Trying to buy season tickets now and appears only general Admission Tickets available? Really?

LB12MEEN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just to let you know, GA is awesome and I actually prefer it. Parents of some of the players did as well last year. Sat by a few of them many times at games.

I got season tickets when they were first available and picked GA.
Gig ‘Em Baby!
flintdragon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They expanded the reserved seating this year though so some of the better GA seats may be taken. I forget which sections. But in general, most games aren't close to being full (well, last year anyway) so probably you can get a good seat still.
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RAB88 said:

Totally understand the letting existing ticketholders renew. But appears there is not enough reserved seating for prospective season ticket holders?

Me: Class of '84 living in Dallas, but have a daughter starting in August. Have always been a football season ticket holder, watched the VBall team on all streaming, attended the games at SMU last season and there in the fall. And drove to KC by myself to watch the championship. So I don't think I'm a total bandwagoner.(maybe some)

But, Trying to buy season tickets now and appears only general Admission Tickets available? Really?




They added 2 additional reserved sections and sold to new season ticket holders several months back, fresh off the natty. They said at the time current season ticket holders would go through the renewal process and then there is an option to look at new seats.

I'd guess they sold the heck out of the available seats to new season tickets, and there will be a high rate of renewal.

GA isn't bad, but may have to plan on getting there early. In fact, the end of the court gives you a good perspective on the action. Coach says it is a better place to see the plays develop. He is possibly biased because all the scouting video is taken from the end of the court.
TXAGBQ76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, that's where our season tickets at the four person tables. Totally enjoyed those seats last season.
KLB93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You won't regret having GA season tickets. Can't beat the price, and you will have the option next year to try and move.
t-rex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some questions asked about seat locations.

Last year we averaged attendance of a little over 4,000 per match I believe, so much of the reserved seating across the court from the benches was occupied but tons of GA available. At this time no issues with having a GA ticket and not being able to get a seat. Even for Texas there were plenty of GA seats available. Now hopefully that will be changing as fan following grows but not something to be worried about right now.

Also, additional background on seating at volleyball and some have touched on this. Seats at the end of the court have arguably as good of a view. Different perspective but you can see activity and movement on the court, as well as the ball movement, much better than from the side. So if reserved seats are sold out don't let that dissuade you from getting GA seats.

Prices are affordable and its growing in fan following at A&M. Definitely an experience worth your time.
flintdragon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Personally after watching too many club volleyball games, my favorite angle is from the corner 45deg if you are close to ground level. From the middle back, yes you can see the play and movement develop better but depth perception was not good for me.

That said, maybe it will be different this year, there are PLENTY of empty seats in the sold out reserve sections unless it was t.u. in town. I'm located on the 5th row looking down the baseline. Area around me was probably 25% full the majority of the season, if that. several seats to our right was empty the entire season except for texas.

I hope that changes but I bring that up wondering if you get GA tickets, probably pretty safe to move even into reserve seats halfway through the game.
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
flintdragon said:

Personally after watching too many club volleyball games, my favorite angle is from the corner 45deg if you are close to ground level. From the middle back, yes you can see the play and movement develop better but depth perception was not good for me.

That said, maybe it will be different this year, there are PLENTY of empty seats in the sold out reserve sections unless it was t.u. in town. I'm located on the 5th row looking down the baseline. Area around me was probably 25% full the majority of the season, if that. several seats to our right was empty the entire season except for texas.

I hope that changes but I bring that up wondering if you get GA tickets, probably pretty safe to move even into reserve seats halfway through the game.


A lot of those reserved seats were available as single game tickets last year. I am hoping that the demand post national championship that caused the new reserved sections means a lot of those single game ticket seats now become season ticket holder seats.
RAB88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I figured most all games would have seats available in GA, but was worried about and wanted to ensure we get into Wisconsin on 9/11.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.