Workplace reintroducing Covid controls

5,009 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Capitol Ag
tamuangry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After finally relaxing requirements (mask, temp checking, restrict occupancy limits), work is reintroducing some controls this week in response to a significant number of employees coming down with Covid.

Anyone else seeing this effect at your job?
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No. My company is just telling people to stay home and work from home for 5 days.
NyAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tamuangry said:

After finally relaxing requirements (mask, temp checking, restrict occupancy limits), work is reintroducing some controls this week in response to a significant number of employees coming down with Covid.

Anyone else seeing this effect at your job?
it's a sad world if they start doing this crap again.

places just need to let it go and if you get it you get it.

it is what it is.

it's here to stay for the foreseeable future like the flu.
The Fall Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No. Covid will come and go like any virus. No masks, no restrictions at work. If sick just stay home and work when you feel good
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
None at my workplace. But I was in the AT&T store yesterday and all the employees were wearing masks.
WoMD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Time to update your resume. At a minimum I'd be looking around at other options.

I do contracting work in the medical industry, and I won't accept a job that requires vaccination or masking. It tells me all I need to know about that practice and how it's run. I made an exception for a guy i knew in California earlier this year, and going back to that hot mess of a state where COVID still controls people's sanity was a huge mistake. Never again.
NASAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The company I consult for just sent a notice requiring everyone to work from home for 1 week to slow the spread. Which means people are going to work in coffee shops and socialize more outside their normal bubble, thereby increasing community spread in a week when everyone comes back.

So stupid. I'm full-time remote so I don't care, but it's all dumb with no science to back it up.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
CW Griswold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Update your resume, actively search, and take what you can from the company within reason without getting caught (time, supplies, intel that will help you in your next job).

**** em. You're just a drone to them and you don't owe them anything.
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes take advice from the guy telling you to steal.
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Yes take advice from the guy telling you to steal.
Well, seeing his handle, his boss is kinda an ass. Just look at what his Christmas bonus was last year...

swc93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, company is in Addison. Dallas county is in the red and an increased number of employees are hitting positive tests. Masks required in the office when walking around, stay home if exposed. Easy enough.
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
swc93 said:

Yes, company is in Addison. Dallas county is in the red and an increased number of employees are hitting positive tests. Masks required in the office when walking around, stay home if exposed. Easy enough.


My personal take? Hospitals are not threatened, there are plenty of avenues to fight Covid now and the virus is overall much less severe. The time to move on from masking is way past due. I'm all for sick people staying home (that's not new and why there's PTO/sick days). Outside of that, imo, it's time to proceed in a pre 2019 state of mind regarding masking. At least until an actual legit study can be done which hasn't happened and doubtfully ever will.

A couple of other things of note or questions I would have. Is it absolutely mandatory and what happens if you just show up without a mask? Will there be a write up. Does the policy explicitly state the terms for noncompliance? Will the company provide masks for employees? I make it a point to make an establishment provide a mask for me if they demand one. I'll wear it then. But I refuse to buy them and carry them with me. Making companies and retail have to flip the bill on masks eventually could help encourage them to stop these things if they are the ones paying for the masks. Plus I rather enjoy the passive aggressive approach. I never argue against the mask. Whatever, it's your place and your rules. But I do enjoy that it establishes where I am on this without a fight or altercation. Obviously, if they would fire you over this, wear it. But, yes, I would be getting my resume out there as it shows larger issues at hand within the company that go deeper than just Covid and I'd prefer to find more habitable offices to be around in the future.

Staff: Feel free to edit as these are just my thoughts and I felt compelled to respond today to this. I am with Dr. Vinay Prasad on the issue that until an actual properly conducted controlled cluster randomized trial study is done giving compelling evidence that masking has worked, no one should be mandating masks period.
fightingfarmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
swc93 said:

Yes, company is in Addison. Dallas county is in the red and an increased number of employees are hitting positive tests. Masks required in the office when walking around, stay home if exposed. Easy enough.


So just constantly work from home. You are constantly exposed to Covid at this point.
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I found out yesterday that someone I work with a lot has been exposed to covid at least three times in the last two weeks.

I pretty much keep to myself anyway. My office used to be the company's conference room and is in the back of the building. Everyone else is in the mid to front of the building. Someone could have covid up in the front part of the office and my exposure would generally be minimal. If I had covid, I could stay in my office and have few, if any encounters with anyone else.

Rascal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Capitol Ag said:

swc93 said:

Yes, company is in Addison. Dallas county is in the red and an increased number of employees are hitting positive tests. Masks required in the office when walking around, stay home if exposed. Easy enough.


My personal take? Hospitals are not threatened, there are plenty of avenues to fight Covid now and the virus is overall much less severe. The time to move on from masking is way past due. I'm all for sick people staying home (that's not new and why there's PTO/sick days). Outside of that, imo, it's time to proceed in a pre 2019 state of mind regarding masking. At least until an actual legit study can be done which hasn't happened and doubtfully ever will.

A couple of other things of note or questions I would have. Is it absolutely mandatory and what happens if you just show up without a mask? Will there be a write up. Does the policy explicitly state the terms for noncompliance? Will the company provide masks for employees? I make it a point to make an establishment provide a mask for me if they demand one. I'll wear it then. But I refuse to buy them and carry them with me. Making companies and retail have to flip the bill on masks eventually could help encourage them to stop these things if they are the ones paying for the masks. Plus I rather enjoy the passive aggressive approach. I never argue against the mask. Whatever, it's your place and your rules. But I do enjoy that it establishes where I am on this without a fight or altercation. Obviously, if they would fire you over this, wear it. But, yes, I would be getting my resume out there as it shows larger issues at hand within the company that go deeper than just Covid and I'd prefer to find more habitable offices to be around in the future.

Staff: Feel free to edit as these are just my thoughts and I felt compelled to respond today to this. I am with Dr. Vinay Prasad on the issue that until an actual properly conducted controlled cluster randomized trial study is done giving compelling evidence that masking has worked, no one should be mandating masks period.
Just had an interesting experience with the HR dept of the company I work for based on me testing positive for Covid back July 22 and after previously testing negative 2X between July 10 and July 18.

I had a recorded interview with my boss where he asked me 3 questions:

1. Can you explain your thought process in deciding to come to the office when you were sick?
2. Do you find it acceptable to come to the office if you are sick?
3. Do you understand that your poor decision making has sever consequences?
4. What form of sickness do you have to have for you to decide on your own to stay home?

I had what I thought was a sinus infection/cold during the last few days of my vacation in early July- never had fever, chills, no sore throat or anything bad. Turned into a tight, somewhat frequent cough, but nothing too out of control.

Went to work for 3x straight days that first week back and then 1x day the following week (testing negative twice, the days before I went back each week). The Friday of the 2nd week (July 22) I went to the doctor and tested positive b/c that night I was coughing more and had more sinus drainage. Then notified my boss and stayed and WFH for 2 weeks and am better now and tested negative.

Anybody else experience this corporate protocol?

Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our policies recently changed. At the slightest hint of feeling bad..go home
duck79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a remote sales manager and one of my reps tested positive last Wednesday. Our company policy(which includes remote and non remote) is that you can't return to active work until you have a negative test. My rep felt fine today but doesn't have a negative result yet so he isn't allowed to return. We are still providing Covid leave but at some point this has to stop. If he feels fine he should be back working. Couldn't a positive test linger?
PerpetualLurker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our company protocol is to turn off badge access for the first 5 days and require mask for the next 5 days if you report a positive test or are deemed a close contact.

Then about 20 days later you get a grub hub gift card in the mail from HR. (Which is nice but why wouldn't they just email ir?)

No requirement to test negative, no interview from HR.
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rascal said:

Capitol Ag said:

swc93 said:

Yes, company is in Addison. Dallas county is in the red and an increased number of employees are hitting positive tests. Masks required in the office when walking around, stay home if exposed. Easy enough.


My personal take? Hospitals are not threatened, there are plenty of avenues to fight Covid now and the virus is overall much less severe. The time to move on from masking is way past due. I'm all for sick people staying home (that's not new and why there's PTO/sick days). Outside of that, imo, it's time to proceed in a pre 2019 state of mind regarding masking. At least until an actual legit study can be done which hasn't happened and doubtfully ever will.

A couple of other things of note or questions I would have. Is it absolutely mandatory and what happens if you just show up without a mask? Will there be a write up. Does the policy explicitly state the terms for noncompliance? Will the company provide masks for employees? I make it a point to make an establishment provide a mask for me if they demand one. I'll wear it then. But I refuse to buy them and carry them with me. Making companies and retail have to flip the bill on masks eventually could help encourage them to stop these things if they are the ones paying for the masks. Plus I rather enjoy the passive aggressive approach. I never argue against the mask. Whatever, it's your place and your rules. But I do enjoy that it establishes where I am on this without a fight or altercation. Obviously, if they would fire you over this, wear it. But, yes, I would be getting my resume out there as it shows larger issues at hand within the company that go deeper than just Covid and I'd prefer to find more habitable offices to be around in the future.

Staff: Feel free to edit as these are just my thoughts and I felt compelled to respond today to this. I am with Dr. Vinay Prasad on the issue that until an actual properly conducted controlled cluster randomized trial study is done giving compelling evidence that masking has worked, no one should be mandating masks period.
Just had an interesting experience with the HR dept of the company I work for based on me testing positive for Covid back July 22 and after previously testing negative 2X between July 10 and July 18.

I had a recorded interview with my boss where he asked me 3 questions:

1. Can you explain your thought process in deciding to come to the office when you were sick?
2. Do you find it acceptable to come to the office if you are sick?
3. Do you understand that your poor decision making has sever consequences?
4. What form of sickness do you have to have for you to decide on your own to stay home?

I had what I thought was a sinus infection/cold during the last few days of my vacation in early July- never had fever, chills, no sore throat or anything bad. Turned into a tight, somewhat frequent cough, but nothing too out of control.

Went to work for 3x straight days that first week back and then 1x day the following week (testing negative twice, the days before I went back each week). The Friday of the 2nd week (July 22) I went to the doctor and tested positive b/c that night I was coughing more and had more sinus drainage. Then notified my boss and stayed and WFH for 2 weeks and am better now and tested negative.

Anybody else experience this corporate protocol?


I think the lesson here is to be careful how much personal health information you disclose. Should probably say nothing unless you have a positive test result.
Rascal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
torrid said:

Rascal said:

Capitol Ag said:

swc93 said:

Yes, company is in Addison. Dallas county is in the red and an increased number of employees are hitting positive tests. Masks required in the office when walking around, stay home if exposed. Easy enough.


My personal take? Hospitals are not threatened, there are plenty of avenues to fight Covid now and the virus is overall much less severe. The time to move on from masking is way past due. I'm all for sick people staying home (that's not new and why there's PTO/sick days). Outside of that, imo, it's time to proceed in a pre 2019 state of mind regarding masking. At least until an actual legit study can be done which hasn't happened and doubtfully ever will.

A couple of other things of note or questions I would have. Is it absolutely mandatory and what happens if you just show up without a mask? Will there be a write up. Does the policy explicitly state the terms for noncompliance? Will the company provide masks for employees? I make it a point to make an establishment provide a mask for me if they demand one. I'll wear it then. But I refuse to buy them and carry them with me. Making companies and retail have to flip the bill on masks eventually could help encourage them to stop these things if they are the ones paying for the masks. Plus I rather enjoy the passive aggressive approach. I never argue against the mask. Whatever, it's your place and your rules. But I do enjoy that it establishes where I am on this without a fight or altercation. Obviously, if they would fire you over this, wear it. But, yes, I would be getting my resume out there as it shows larger issues at hand within the company that go deeper than just Covid and I'd prefer to find more habitable offices to be around in the future.

Staff: Feel free to edit as these are just my thoughts and I felt compelled to respond today to this. I am with Dr. Vinay Prasad on the issue that until an actual properly conducted controlled cluster randomized trial study is done giving compelling evidence that masking has worked, no one should be mandating masks period.
Just had an interesting experience with the HR dept of the company I work for based on me testing positive for Covid back July 22 and after previously testing negative 2X between July 10 and July 18.

I had a recorded interview with my boss where he asked me 3 questions:

1. Can you explain your thought process in deciding to come to the office when you were sick?
2. Do you find it acceptable to come to the office if you are sick?
3. Do you understand that your poor decision making has sever consequences?
4. What form of sickness do you have to have for you to decide on your own to stay home?

I had what I thought was a sinus infection/cold during the last few days of my vacation in early July- never had fever, chills, no sore throat or anything bad. Turned into a tight, somewhat frequent cough, but nothing too out of control.

Went to work for 3x straight days that first week back and then 1x day the following week (testing negative twice, the days before I went back each week). The Friday of the 2nd week (July 22) I went to the doctor and tested positive b/c that night I was coughing more and had more sinus drainage. Then notified my boss and stayed and WFH for 2 weeks and am better now and tested negative.

Anybody else experience this corporate protocol?


I think the lesson here is to be careful how much personal health information you disclose. Should probably say nothing unless you have a positive test result.
True. I left out part of the story though.

Because I was coughing somewhat frequently, but not out of control, the first day of the 2nd week I was back (after my 2nd negative home test), some coworker must have complained b/c I got a message from HR telling me to go home immediately b/c it had come to their attention that I was sick last week and this week. I never voluntarily shared anything other than casual chatting with my coworkers that I seem to have developed a sinus infection the tail end of my vacation. And my voice was clearly shot.

I explained that I passed two home tests and never had any severe symptoms whatsoever.

I totally understand the sensitivities with Covid peaking again, but man this was just a weird all around experience for me.
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I so much as sniffle, I text my boss that I'm working from home. Why not? They are the ones who've laid in such draconian punishment for coming in sick.
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rascal said:

torrid said:

Rascal said:

Capitol Ag said:

swc93 said:

Yes, company is in Addison. Dallas county is in the red and an increased number of employees are hitting positive tests. Masks required in the office when walking around, stay home if exposed. Easy enough.


My personal take? Hospitals are not threatened, there are plenty of avenues to fight Covid now and the virus is overall much less severe. The time to move on from masking is way past due. I'm all for sick people staying home (that's not new and why there's PTO/sick days). Outside of that, imo, it's time to proceed in a pre 2019 state of mind regarding masking. At least until an actual legit study can be done which hasn't happened and doubtfully ever will.

A couple of other things of note or questions I would have. Is it absolutely mandatory and what happens if you just show up without a mask? Will there be a write up. Does the policy explicitly state the terms for noncompliance? Will the company provide masks for employees? I make it a point to make an establishment provide a mask for me if they demand one. I'll wear it then. But I refuse to buy them and carry them with me. Making companies and retail have to flip the bill on masks eventually could help encourage them to stop these things if they are the ones paying for the masks. Plus I rather enjoy the passive aggressive approach. I never argue against the mask. Whatever, it's your place and your rules. But I do enjoy that it establishes where I am on this without a fight or altercation. Obviously, if they would fire you over this, wear it. But, yes, I would be getting my resume out there as it shows larger issues at hand within the company that go deeper than just Covid and I'd prefer to find more habitable offices to be around in the future.

Staff: Feel free to edit as these are just my thoughts and I felt compelled to respond today to this. I am with Dr. Vinay Prasad on the issue that until an actual properly conducted controlled cluster randomized trial study is done giving compelling evidence that masking has worked, no one should be mandating masks period.
Just had an interesting experience with the HR dept of the company I work for based on me testing positive for Covid back July 22 and after previously testing negative 2X between July 10 and July 18.

I had a recorded interview with my boss where he asked me 3 questions:

1. Can you explain your thought process in deciding to come to the office when you were sick?
2. Do you find it acceptable to come to the office if you are sick?
3. Do you understand that your poor decision making has sever consequences?
4. What form of sickness do you have to have for you to decide on your own to stay home?

I had what I thought was a sinus infection/cold during the last few days of my vacation in early July- never had fever, chills, no sore throat or anything bad. Turned into a tight, somewhat frequent cough, but nothing too out of control.

Went to work for 3x straight days that first week back and then 1x day the following week (testing negative twice, the days before I went back each week). The Friday of the 2nd week (July 22) I went to the doctor and tested positive b/c that night I was coughing more and had more sinus drainage. Then notified my boss and stayed and WFH for 2 weeks and am better now and tested negative.

Anybody else experience this corporate protocol?


I think the lesson here is to be careful how much personal health information you disclose. Should probably say nothing unless you have a positive test result.
True. I left out part of the story though.

Because I was coughing somewhat frequently, but not out of control, the first day of the 2nd week I was back (after my 2nd negative home test), some coworker must have complained b/c I got a message from HR telling me to go home immediately b/c it had come to their attention that I was sick last week and this week. I never voluntarily shared anything other than casual chatting with my coworkers that I seem to have developed a sinus infection the tail end of my vacation. And my voice was clearly shot.

I explained that I passed two home tests and never had any severe symptoms whatsoever.

I totally understand the sensitivities with Covid peaking again, but man this was just a weird all around experience for me.
My opinion is that this is all Bizzarro World stuff. Your health really should be no one's GD business. Ya, I know, at will states and all. But this situation has 100% crossed the line. From the ability of a co-worker to turn you in anonymously to the line of questioning your boss used including but not limited to the part about your "unwise decision". Whatever! Fine, I get dealing with it, but I'd go straight home after work and start combing my network and getting my resume out there.

You were 100% wronged here, imho. Also, I am way past trying to understand anyone's sensitivities at this point. To me, all of this sets a dangerous precedent for corporations moving forward. Of course this is your situation not mine and it ain't about me. Just, what a Pandora's box we've opened with all of this. It will be very interesting to see how these things play out in the future regarding not just Covid but all illnesses and health issues. O figure at some point (maybe it already has happened) there will be a lawsuit filed by an employee fired or harassed by their company regarding their health.

May I ask what state you are in?
Rascal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Rascal said:

torrid said:

Rascal said:

Capitol Ag said:

swc93 said:

Yes, company is in Addison. Dallas county is in the red and an increased number of employees are hitting positive tests. Masks required in the office when walking around, stay home if exposed. Easy enough.


My personal take? Hospitals are not threatened, there are plenty of avenues to fight Covid now and the virus is overall much less severe. The time to move on from masking is way past due. I'm all for sick people staying home (that's not new and why there's PTO/sick days). Outside of that, imo, it's time to proceed in a pre 2019 state of mind regarding masking. At least until an actual legit study can be done which hasn't happened and doubtfully ever will.

A couple of other things of note or questions I would have. Is it absolutely mandatory and what happens if you just show up without a mask? Will there be a write up. Does the policy explicitly state the terms for noncompliance? Will the company provide masks for employees? I make it a point to make an establishment provide a mask for me if they demand one. I'll wear it then. But I refuse to buy them and carry them with me. Making companies and retail have to flip the bill on masks eventually could help encourage them to stop these things if they are the ones paying for the masks. Plus I rather enjoy the passive aggressive approach. I never argue against the mask. Whatever, it's your place and your rules. But I do enjoy that it establishes where I am on this without a fight or altercation. Obviously, if they would fire you over this, wear it. But, yes, I would be getting my resume out there as it shows larger issues at hand within the company that go deeper than just Covid and I'd prefer to find more habitable offices to be around in the future.

Staff: Feel free to edit as these are just my thoughts and I felt compelled to respond today to this. I am with Dr. Vinay Prasad on the issue that until an actual properly conducted controlled cluster randomized trial study is done giving compelling evidence that masking has worked, no one should be mandating masks period.
Just had an interesting experience with the HR dept of the company I work for based on me testing positive for Covid back July 22 and after previously testing negative 2X between July 10 and July 18.

I had a recorded interview with my boss where he asked me 3 questions:

1. Can you explain your thought process in deciding to come to the office when you were sick?
2. Do you find it acceptable to come to the office if you are sick?
3. Do you understand that your poor decision making has sever consequences?
4. What form of sickness do you have to have for you to decide on your own to stay home?

I had what I thought was a sinus infection/cold during the last few days of my vacation in early July- never had fever, chills, no sore throat or anything bad. Turned into a tight, somewhat frequent cough, but nothing too out of control.

Went to work for 3x straight days that first week back and then 1x day the following week (testing negative twice, the days before I went back each week). The Friday of the 2nd week (July 22) I went to the doctor and tested positive b/c that night I was coughing more and had more sinus drainage. Then notified my boss and stayed and WFH for 2 weeks and am better now and tested negative.

Anybody else experience this corporate protocol?


I think the lesson here is to be careful how much personal health information you disclose. Should probably say nothing unless you have a positive test result.
True. I left out part of the story though.

Because I was coughing somewhat frequently, but not out of control, the first day of the 2nd week I was back (after my 2nd negative home test), some coworker must have complained b/c I got a message from HR telling me to go home immediately b/c it had come to their attention that I was sick last week and this week. I never voluntarily shared anything other than casual chatting with my coworkers that I seem to have developed a sinus infection the tail end of my vacation. And my voice was clearly shot.

I explained that I passed two home tests and never had any severe symptoms whatsoever.

I totally understand the sensitivities with Covid peaking again, but man this was just a weird all around experience for me.
My opinion is that this is all Bizzarro World stuff. Your health really should be no one's GD business. Ya, I know, at will states and all. But this situation has 100% crossed the line. From the ability of a co-worker to turn you in anonymously to the line of questioning your boss used including but not limited to the part about your "unwise decision". Whatever! Fine, I get dealing with it, but I'd go straight home after work and start combing my network and getting my resume out there.

You were 100% wronged here, imho. Also, I am way past trying to understand anyone's sensitivities at this point. To me, all of this sets a dangerous precedent for corporations moving forward. Of course this is your situation not mine and it ain't about me. Just, what a Pandora's box we've opened with all of this. It will be very interesting to see how these things play out in the future regarding not just Covid but all illnesses and health issues. O figure at some point (maybe it already has happened) there will be a lawsuit filed by an employee fired or harassed by their company regarding their health.

May I ask what state you are in?

I'm in TX. Company HQ is CA.

For the record, my boss here in TX had to administer the questions but he didn't like having to. This all came down from HR.
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Covid will be circulating the earth for as long as the earth survives, whether its 10 million years or 6 billion .. these companies are ignorant if they think they can control this.. it's a dam cold at this point … so much dumb going on these days.. especially in the government job sectors.. dumb dumb and dumber !
DukeMu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's incredibly simple: the more people are regularly vaccinated every 4-6 months, the more COVID is like a cold or flu and we can just get on with our lives. The vaccine is being re-engineered to handle the B5 variant, and should be ready this Fall.

I can work at home or work, wear a mask if needed. It really doesn't bother me.
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DukeMu said:

It's incredibly simple: the more people are regularly vaccinated every 4-6 months, the more COVID is like a cold or flu and we can just get on with our lives. The vaccine is being re-engineered to handle the B5 variant, and should be ready this Fall.

I can work at home or work, wear a mask if needed. It really doesn't bother me.



Or we could just move forward and simply not worry about Covid anymore. It's not seriously dangerous anymore for the vast majority. Why keep boosting and masking? There is absolutely no point to continue this ruse any longer. In 2020, fine. We didn't know. Now? You can't be serious.
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I can work at home or work, wear a mask if needed. It really doesn't bother me.


The other issue with this line of thinking is it becomes enabling. It enables businesses and governments (anyone of authority) to use excessive power if they do choose or desire. It is what created the mandates in the first place. Too many that are just willing to go along with no science or true reason behind doing it but instead going along with the notion that "father knows best" (father here being an HR dept or a government entity) when in reality they do not know anything. Masks are not needed anymore. There is a lot more evidence they (masking mandates) never slowed the spread of anything. And unless you are 70+, boosters aren't "needed" either.

I respect your decision to follow along but don't be ok with mandates that make other, unwilling parties, be forced to be like you.
Jbob04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DukeMu said:

It's incredibly simple: the more people are regularly vaccinated every 4-6 months, the more COVID is like a cold or flu and we can just get on with our lives. The vaccine is being re-engineered to handle the B5 variant, and should be ready this Fall.

I can work at home or work, wear a mask if needed. It really doesn't bother me.


The majority of people aren't getting vaccinated anymore including boosters. Also, masks do nothing for a respiratory virus of this nature. HTH
texsn95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DukeMu said:

It's incredibly simple: the more people are regularly vaccinated every 4-6 months, the more COVID is like a cold or flu and we can just get on with our lives. The vaccine is being re-engineered to handle the B5 variant, and should be ready this Fall.

I can work at home or work, wear a mask if needed. It really doesn't bother me.

Jabin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Also, masks do nothing for a respiratory virus of this nature.
What evidence do you have to support that statement? Do you mean all masks or only cloth masks? And what do you mean by a respiratory virus "of this nature". What about this virus makes masks less protective than other respiratory viruses?
TRADUCTOR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jabin said:

Quote:

Also, masks do nothing for a respiratory virus of this nature.
What evidence do you have to support that statement? Do you mean all masks or only cloth masks? And what do you mean by a respiratory virus "of this nature". What about this virus makes masks less protective than other respiratory viruses?


Go with the evidence you have harder.
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jabin said:

Quote:

Also, masks do nothing for a respiratory virus of this nature.
What evidence do you have to support that statement? Do you mean all masks or only cloth masks? And what do you mean by a respiratory virus "of this nature". What about this virus makes masks less protective than other respiratory viruses?


You ask for evidence, which is ironic considering there really is no evidence that masking works in a regular social setting including N95. Sure an N95 in a surgical setting where one wears sterilized scrubs and gloves. But once you are just wondering around unsterilized in public? There needs to be a cluster randomized control study on masking yet one has yet to be done.
Jabin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That may or may not be true but I did not make the assertion. The assertion was that masks do nothing for a respiratory virus of this nature. What evidence does that poster have to support that assertion?

In addition, whether we should or should not be wearing masks is a separate issue from whether they work or not. I've seen abundant evidence that cloth masks don't work, but I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that N95 masks, on the other extreme, do not work. Again, you have simply asserted that they do not without providing any evidence to support your assertion. I honestly would like to see evidence that conclusive one way or the other as to whether they work. I assume that you and the previous poster have such evidence since your statements were dogmatic without any equivocation.
Loyalty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess it's not possible to get a cold or the flu anymore? When that happens you stay home until you feel better. Don't even bring up the word Covid anymore.
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jabin said:

That may or may not be true but I did not make the assertion. The assertion was that masks do nothing for a respiratory virus of this nature. What evidence does that poster have to support that assertion?

In addition, whether we should or should not be wearing masks is a separate issue from whether they work or not. I've seen abundant evidence that cloth masks don't work, but I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that N95 masks, on the other extreme, do not work. Again, you have simply asserted that they do not without providing any evidence to support your assertion. I honestly would like to see evidence that conclusive one way or the other as to whether they work. I assume that you and the previous poster have such evidence since your statements were dogmatic without any equivocation.
The issue is there isn't any. There has never been a properly administered cluster randomized study done on N95 usage or masking in general. Most mask studies have been total crap and inconclusive. And honestly, at this point, I m just not seeing any real reason at all to mask. But the CDC could have ended debate one way or the other by administering a well done study. They seem to refuse to, probably b/c they are afraid of the findings...

Personally, until it can be proven that masking works, no one should mask in public. I won't, that for sure. If a city or district wants to mandate masking, they need to prove it actually does a significant job protecting others and the mask wearer. Personally, again, I think they don't want to have a study done b/c it will show results that won't support mandates.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.