Have we reached the true "new normal"

3,623 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Capitol Ag
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While this may or may not be a pandemic now, it seems most Americans are back to a 2019 lifestyle, regardless of Covid numbers or the threat of potential rising numbers. From articles I have read to comments even from Fauci of all people, the White White House Correspondent Dinner, the end of mask mandates in travel, etc. we seem to have entered into a new phase of a world with Covid. Mask wearing is way down around me, the public support for not masking on flights and public transportation has been overwhelming, groups that were the center of the "doom and gloom" message are even out and living life.

But what do you think? Will we be back at all to limits and mandates or has the majority of the American public moved on? Is this a case of the American public just getting sick of all of this now and see it isn't nearly the threat it may have been? Could the numbers shoot back up yet people just stop worrying about it for the most part? Are we finally at a point where people can live with this without the panic and fear of before?
billydean05
If by new normal you mean old normal then I hope you are right. You can live your life or you can live your life scared.
aggiebrad94
AG
Set a Dr.'s appt today and was informed they still require masks. This is in The Woodlands.
West Point Aggie
AG
My doctor was very proud to tell me (last year) that Covid was then a disease of the unvaccinated…I'll admit I'll enjoy asking her "how she feels now" during my upcoming annual exam
Let’s Go Brandon!
Capitol Ag
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

Set a Dr.'s appt today and was informed they still require masks. This is in The Woodlands.
Went to my doc's office for yearly check up. While there was a sign on the door stating masks were required, I did not have one. Went in expecting to be offered one but wasn't. No one in the office cared at all. And my doctor wasn't wearing one either.

I do not bring masks anywhere anymore. If it is still required, as long as they will provide me one I'll wear it. This is a strategy more of us need to take to help eliminate masking. Start making the company pay for and provide the masks and after a while, things will eventually stop. But given that most if not all mask requirements allow cloth masks that have been shown to be ineffective, you'd think doctors offices and hospitals would know better.

KidDoc
AG
My employer still "requires" us to wear a surgical mask. It is so crazy as there is zero evidence that a simple surgical mask will prevent any viral spread in an office encounter. It is all driven by fear of law suits at this point. This is the consequence of letting lawyers run our country.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gilligan
AG
Keep an eggroll in your mouth at all times like a cigar and if anyone anywhere asks where your mask is say you're eating.
Post removed:
by user
BCO07
AG
you must be one of my patients
Capitol Ag
AG
BCO07 said:

you must be one of my patients
Unfortunately my doctor, who I've seen since I was 15, is a Longhorn. Great dude though and sent at least one of his kids to A&M. We enjoy a little trash talking with each other.
ShinerDunk93
AG
I went for my annual to my doc who I've been seeing for 10 years. He walked in the room and saw I had one of those stupid gauze masks on and then he immediately took his off. I asked if that meant I could take of my "mask" and he said, "of course, you don't need that".

I'm amazed at how many young people I still see wearing masks
TexAgs: as long as we have each other, we will never run out of problems.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community
KidDoc
AG
Great discussion with a well respected infectious disease doctor about living with COVID. Long but not terribly technical.

Living With COVID (w/Dr. Monica Gandhi) (zdoggmd.com)

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Capitol Ag
AG
KidDoc said:

Great discussion with a well respected infectious disease doctor about living with COVID. Long but not terribly technical.

Living With COVID (w/Dr. Monica Gandhi) (zdoggmd.com)

Watched that the other day. Loved it and her take on all of this. What she states about how Covid is now treatable in various ways and that it isn't something we need to be avoiding life for should be pushed moving forward.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.