What is the currently accepted mortality rate?

3,761 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
FireAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone?
Old Buffalo
AG
"Accepted" is a vague term.

It's like 0.3% iFR on an overall population, scaled from minimal (<12) to significant at 20% (>85). Other factors such as comorbidities, vaccination status, and prior infection will affect that.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
TarponChaser
FireAg said:

Anyone?

Do you mean the commonly agreed upon rate or what is an acceptable figure?
GeographyAg
AG
Not sure what you're referring to either, but here is a link to Johns Hopkins data:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

It seems to indicate a 1.2% death rate - but that's deaths to cases, not deaths to population, I believe.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
abram97
AG
GeographyAg said:

Not sure what you're referring to either, but here is a link to Johns Hopkins data:

It seems to indicate a 1.2% death rate - but that's deaths to cases, not deaths to population, I believe.
Yeah, but that number is going to be proven to be way too high.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Get Off My Lawn
You talking vaccine mortality rate, right? We're still awaiting the FOIA for that.
GeographyAg
AG
abram97 said:

GeographyAg said:

I'm sure you're right, but the question was "commonly accepted" rate, right?

Do you have better data for an actual death rate - number of deaths per number of cases?
Clob94
GeographyAg said:

abram97 said:

GeographyAg said:

Do you have better data for an actual death rate - number of deaths per number of cases?
This thing has become so politicized that it's likely going to be years before the actual, truthful numbers come out.

Nobody wants to suffer the consequences of this truth bomb.
GeographyAg
AG
Clob94 said:

GeographyAg said:

abram97 said:

GeographyAg said:

This thing has become so politicized that it's likely going to be years before the actual, truthful numbers come out.

Nobody wants to suffer the consequences of this truth bomb.

I'm not here to argue that. That's a discussion for the politics board. (I agree with you, btw, but it doesn't matter.)

On this board when you ask a question about the "currently accepted data" you'll get a link to the currently accepted data.

Isn't that what the OP asked? Or was he just trolling?
94chem
Covid has killed about 0.8% of the US population over age 50 (1 in 125).

Covid has killed about 0.03% of the population under 50 (1 in 3300).

Covid overall has killed about 0.3% of the US population (1 in 330).

GenericAggie
AG
Didn't I hear 75% of people that died had 4+ comorbidities?
FlyRod
Can't find a link but new study from UK graphed Covid mortality vs flu over time. The drop compared to flu is quite stunning whereby now it is statistically "less lethal" than the flu.
94chem
GenericAggie said:

Idk. I've known plenty of old, fat people with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, survived cancer, and lived 10 more years with sound minds.
Kvetch
AG
94chem said:

GenericAggie said:

Idk. I've known plenty of old, fat people with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, survived cancer, and lived 10 more years with sound minds.

So what? Is this proof of something?
94chem
Kvetch said:

94chem said:

GenericAggie said:

So what? Is this proof of something?

Proof you read my post.
Tom_Fox
94chem said:

GenericAggie said:

Me too.

And none of them were worth destroying the economic future of their children and grand children for a few extra end of life years. IMHO.
Quinn
AG
GenericAggie said:

No. That's was 75% of the deaths of fully vaccinated individuals had 4+ comorbidities.
94chem
El_Zorro said:

94chem said:

GenericAggie said:

Me too.

And none of them were worth destroying the economic future of their children and grand children for a few extra end of life years. IMHO.

Not really my job to assign worth to people. It's almost as if you don't understand why you get banned.
Tom_Fox
Oh, I understand. People are not allowed to speak freely because delicate sensitivities might be ruffled.

That is pure weakness. You absolutely should be able to espouse an opinion about the worth of a human life.

We have become far too soft a people.
94chem
Okay, but my king did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but demonstrated his strength by becoming weak. Your argument, on the other hand, reverberates with the echos of every despot who has ever walked the earth. You are free to express it, but you surround yourself with ignoble company.
Get Off My Lawn
94chem said:

Okay, but my king did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but demonstrated his strength by becoming weak. Your argument, on the other hand, reverberates with the echos of every despot who has ever walked the earth. You are free to express it, but you surround yourself with ignoble company.
While we should follow Christ's example to ease others' suffering while on this earth - living with an eternal perspective takes the sting out of death: not the inevitability of it.

Nearly every apostle died a terrible death.

It isn't unchristlike to understand that his kingdom and his will are beyond our human context of breathing air, and I find it a bit bizarre to attempt to claim Christian moral high ground on a position of being 'anti death' rather than one that's 'pro eternal life.'
94chem
Get Off My Lawn said:

94chem said:

While we should follow Christ's example to ease others' suffering while on this earth - living with an eternal perspective takes the sting out of death: not the inevitability of it.

Nearly every apostle died a terrible death.

It isn't unchristlike to understand that his kingdom and his will are beyond our human context of breathing air, and I find it a bit bizarre to attempt to claim Christian moral high ground on a position of being 'anti death' rather than one that's 'pro eternal life.'

Being pro eternal life, if that is actually an identity, does not in any way allow Christians to abuse the temporal earth or assign man-made values to the souls who dwell upon it. Further, no people have ever been more in touch with, or accepting of, mortality than the church. Have you ever visited an old church? What do you find outside? The shaky theological ground on which I see so many Christians today desperately trying to conscript secular humanism to their own functional synchretism is astonishing until you see the lack of depth the average Christian possesses of God's word. Don't expect an epiphany when God's half of the conversation is right there for the taking. I stand guilty of this deficiency myself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.