My turn

5,365 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MAROON
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sunday - woke up feeling bad but assumed it was a hangover from a full day and night party. Had to make a four hour drive with my wife and after two hours I begged out of the drivers seat. Body aches, fatigue, general crappy feeling. Chills that night and probably had a fever that broke. Sore throat and cough.
Monday - woke up feeling better, but took a nap during the day, still fatigued and somewhat crappy. Some clear sinus drainage.
Tuesday - woke up feeling much better, but still not 100%. Sinus drainage that comes and goes, No cough at all today. Sat outside in the sun for awhile and felt really good.

60 years old, Moderna vaxxed, but not boosted, higher BMI (but NO diabetes or any other health issues).

Been doing Dr. Revs vitamin regimen for a two years now. Just took a large helping of Vitamin D just in case.

We will see what tomorrow brings, but seems to be getting better every day so far.

Charpie
AG
When do you think you were exposed?
MAROON
AG
Charpie said:

When do you think you were exposed?
not sure. Was at a dinner in Houston last Wednesday night with about 100 in attendance, but then shared a house with four families over this past weekend and attended a large party on Saturday night
Charpie
AG
the reason why I'm asking is that I'm trying to determine when I should test myself. I spent all last week in Vegas for work. No masks..went to the George Strait show and just mingled a lot. I tested once I got home on Sunday night and it was negative. I'm sure I got exposed.
StandUpforAmerica
Charpie said:

the reason why I'm asking is that I'm trying to determine when I should test myself. I spent all last week in Vegas for work. No masks..went to the George Strait show and just mingled a lot. I tested once I got home on Sunday night and it was negative. I'm sure I got exposed.
Just curious... why would you test at all?
Charpie
AG
the husband.

We are literally on the other sides of the spectrum when it comes to COVID. He would want to keep far far from me if I was positive.
MiMi
S
Did you have a positive test or assuming you have Covid because of your symptoms/possible exposure?
MAROON
AG
Tested positive two times on a rapid antigen test.
Capitol Ag
AG
Charpie said:

the husband.

We are literally on the other sides of the spectrum when it comes to COVID. He would want to keep far far from me if I was positive.

You might be able to use this to your advantage.
Charpie
AG
True.

Tested again this morning. Still negative.
MAROON
AG
Good night of sleep last night. No fever or much of a cough (a little first thing in the morning). Sort have a brain fog today, and still some fatigue. O2 between 96-98 consistently. We're at our cabin in Western NC. Have decided to drive back home tomorrow. Wife exposed so she can't take the flight she was supposed to take tomorrow. Rather get back to Houston near our docs (we don't have one here) in case she gets it or I turn worse.
MAROON
AG
fifteen hour drive yesterday from NC back to Houston. I handled it fine - the wife was a trooper by driving over half the time. I got a few hours nap in between my shifts.

Last two days only real symptom is clogged ears which are an irritant. No fever at all. Ox still in 96-98 range. A little tired today which I attribute to yesterday's drive. Look forward to watching college baseball on tv this weekend!

and so far the wife has tested negative. Pretty amazing to me.
Matsui
AG
good news!

she probably has already had COVID but didn't show symptoms.
MAROON
AG
ok so 8 days in. Basically 100% except for some sinus blockage. O2 is 98. One thing I noticed is my resting heart rate is now in the 70's. When I first starting testing is was over 100. I assume that was the strain of COVID and my heart working overtime?
AgsMyDude
AG
I don't think the "strain" matters but yeah I had an elevated heart rate for about 36 hours when I had covid at the end of January. Elevated heart rate is completely normal for fighting a viral infection, particularly covid.

It went back down after that period and perfectly fine since.
agracer
AG
You've basically listed the symptoms and recovery, for most people, of the major common virus know today.
MAROON
AG
Follow-up. Had my annual physical last week.

My COVID quantitative IgG Spike Protein is 201.0 U/ml.

Per the doc that is high (250 is highest measurable level).

He said congrats on your natural booster!
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.