How common is asymptomatic now?

1,738 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jamey
jamey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it still the same where many are asymptomatic now that omnicron is king?

Wife and stepdaughter were tested Wednesday due to sore throat, headache...etc. Only wife tested positive but pretty sure both have it.

I noticed this strange burning sensation in my nose several times. At first I thought my clothes smelled of detergent or chlorine. Otherwise some allergy like symptoms for me.

I assume I'm positive but mostly asymptomatic sleeping in a bed with someone who tested positive

amercer
AG
Honestly I think asymptomatic is really relative. I feel like crap every morning. So when I finally test positive one of these days I don't know if I'll count that.

Almost everyone I know who's gotten Omicron has had some symptoms. My parents felt pretty sick for a couple days, whereas my BIL probably wouldn't have thought he was sick without the test, but definitely had some sniffles.
jamey
AG
I had a little sniffles but nothing more than normal.

But I'm thinking it would be impossible for me to have not been infected considering I slept next to someone who tested positive 4 hours after I got out of bed
DadHammer
AG
Business partner didn't know he had it until they tested before seeing his 85 yr old dad.

Some just don't get sick from the new Covid. Pretty sure omicron is the end of Covid, no more than a regular cold now.
Another Doug
AG
Its gotten into our house of 5 at least twice, and the 3 of us that are moderna vaxxed have yet to have symptoms.
jamey
AG
Another Doug said:

Its gotten into our house of 5 at least twice, and the 3 of us that are moderna vaxxed have yet to have symptoms.

Everyone in my house other than the 5 year old is vaccinated.

But my wife's West Nile started back up again and she was given a steroid for that just days before she got covid so she's got both right now. He went ahead and subscribed Zpack as soon as she started with the covid symptoms on Wed
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.