Infectious Disease question- West Nile

1,737 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jamey
jamey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bottom line- Looking for an infectious disease Dr with West Nile experience. We're in DFW

Little more background below

During covid 2020 with a wife that was high risk and 3 year old not in daycare we spent time each evening outside to give the 3 year old some outside time. Long story short my wife got West Nile early July 2020.

That was right at a year and a half ago. She had pretty bad symptoms for about 5 months, regular fever, brain fog...the works.

Numerous times since she would get to feeling bad again for a few weeks but we chalked it up to fubromyalgia....except she would get this rash on her forearms that she recalled from west nile. She never converted as far as we know from IgG to IgM or os that vice versa...you get thr point either way

Long story short it got bad enough over the holidays that she went back her regular doctor and they said it's the west nile and they escalated her case to the top general practitioner at her Drs office.

Right after that she wet back to see her thyroid Dr for a regular checkup since having half her thyroid removed and they suggested she see an infectious disease Dr and recommended one if the handful they like.

We've done some digging around since and the West Nile knowledge base seems pretty thin.

Does anyone know of an infectious disease Dr that has some meaningful experience with West Nile? We're in the DFW area.
jamey
AG
Anyone got experience or know of anyone that had to deal with long lasting West Nile...been about 1.5 years now.
88planoAg
AG
Try cross posting on Health and Fitness.
Spyderman
AG
Had it circa 2003. Some might say the symptoms are still going on..

But no, no lingering effects I'm aware of.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Sapper Redux
My only recommendation would be to reach out to university medical departments with a West Nile study group and see if they have any recommendations. I know Yale has one, I'm sure other schools in the southwest do as well.
jamey
AG
Thanks for replies. Ended up in the ER last week and thst Dr called his infectious disease Dr buddy and he said there isn't anything that can be done and it may last years but not forever. Got a steroid shot blah blah blah

She got tested for covid yesterday and her Dr thinks test will.come back positive

He went ahead and out her on Zack to beat secondary infections to the punch ...or I guess it would be a tertiary infection

jamey
AG
Spyderman said:

Had it circa 2003. Some might say the symptoms are still going on..

But no, no lingering effects I'm aware of.

What sort of symptoms are still on going? Damn thats a long time ago
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.