JNJ clotting data - no updates since May?

2,240 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Stressboy
Bonfire97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I have been trying to research clotting occurrences of the the JNJ vaccine due to a work mandate that my wife just received. Can't find anything except the 28 cases and that was data from May. Does anyone know what the latest stats are? I find it strange that there seems to be no data on the web for this for the 6+ months. Thanks in advance.
Bassmaster
AG
They are ignoring the J&J vaccine at this point. That solidified my decision to get the J&J vaccine once I was coerced.
fightingfarmer09
It was fairly limited to a small amount of women that were on birth control if I remember correctly.
TXTransplant
There were updates in August and October. There have been 28 confirmed cases, two different types of blood clots, IIRC. It's also affected a few men. If you Google it, you'll find the articles. Europe is watching this closely, too.

Pre-covid, blood clots affected about 900,000 people every year and killed about 100,000. Covid infection itself also increases the risk of blood clots.
KidDoc
AG
Bassmaster said:

They are ignoring the J&J vaccine at this point. That solidified my decision to get the J&J vaccine once I was coerced.
That is just not true, this was posted 17 hours ago.

U.S. FDA clears Moderna, J&J COVID-19 boosters, backs use of different vaccine for boost (msn.com)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I got it in April, debating about the booster. 28 out of 15,000,000 or so doses sounds fine to me.
ORAggieFan
98Ag99Grad said:

I got it in April, debating about the booster. 28 out of 15,000,000 or so doses sounds fine to me.
Same, I'm considering Moderna booster though.

Really, I'm not worried. But, I just don't like being sick. If J&J plus one dose mRNA can keep me from getting sick, I'm for it. But, I don't really want the negative side effects of moderna.

I'll probably see how people are reacting before going forward. No reason to rush.

Does anyone know, if one had J&J, would the moderna be the booster size or regular. I believe the third booster dose for Moderna is half the first two doses.
planoaggie123
AG
Are we about to get on a rotating schedule for jabs?

Pfizer, Moderna, J&J.....

Also, how do they know that mixing provides a better immune response but they don't know which combination is best? Seems like that should be very easy to determine if you determined initially that there is a better response...

Still, FDA officials said the data was not yet clear on whether any shot combination should be preferred. "Because we don't have those data right now, I think we just have to be noncommittal about what is the best," Marks said.
KidDoc
AG
Because it takes time and numbers to generate that accurate data and it has not been done systemically at this time. Over the next few years an ideal combo may become apparent, right now it is Moderna by a significant margin.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
planoaggie123
AG
Just seems like if you KNOW it improves response you have the data to a level that can be quantified. Then you just need to put the data in buckets by combination and assess which had greater increases....can't be that hard.
Marcus Brutus
KidDoc said:

Bassmaster said:

U.S. FDA clears Moderna, J&J COVID-19 boosters, backs use of different vaccine for boost (msn.com)

Its pretty much been ignored, your article notwithstanding. That's why its hard to find a facility giving the JJ vax. The push has been mRNA and Pfizer.
98Ag99Grad
AG
ORAggieFan said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Really, I'm not worried. But, I just don't like being sick. If J&J plus one dose mRNA can keep me from getting sick, I'm for it. But, I don't really want the negative side effects of moderna.

I'll probably see how people are reacting before going forward. No reason to rush.

Does anyone know, if one had J&J, would the moderna be the booster size or regular. I believe the third booster dose for Moderna is half the first two doses.
I'm not in favor of mixing personally. If I decide on it it will be J&J again just because I know what to expect. And I think it would just be the single dose of the mrna shot, not the double if you go that route.
ORAggieFan
98Ag99Grad said:

ORAggieFan said:

98Ag99Grad said:

I'm not in favor of mixing personally. If I decide on it it will be J&J again just because I know what to expect. And I think it would just be the single dose of the mrna shot, not the double if you go that route.

I know it's a single. But, is it the single used for dose 1/2 or the single used for dose 3 booster. They are now different.
Bassmaster
AG
KidDoc said:

Bassmaster said:

You believe that J&J isn't the red-headed step-child of the 3? Of course there are articles about it. But I don't know how you can genuinely dispute that it is discussed far less than the other two by the powers that be.
KidDoc
AG
They have clearly favored Pfizer overall, there is no rational reason for that as it is less effective. The only semi-rational reason is they filed their paperwork faster than the others.
aggiemike02
AG
Just because you see it being ignored, does not mean it is being ignored.
deadbq03
AG
KidDoc said:

They have clearly favored Pfizer overall, there is no rational reason for that as it is less effective. The only semi-rational reason is they filed their paperwork faster than the others.
Yeah I think there's a lot of biased opinions (no surprise). A friend of mine whose wife works in biotech was pro-Pfizer and anti-Moderna at the beginning simply because this was Moderna's first rodeo. In her words - "this isn't just their first vaccine… it's their first anything." Those kinds of early biases, even if somewhat merited, are hard to overcome.
Stressboy
AG
Where can you find the j&j vaccine? I'm in Dallas area. Vaccine.gov says they are but when I go to store level they pointed to their systems say it's not available.
AggiEE
Stressboy said:

Where can you find the j&j vaccine? I'm in Dallas area. Vaccine.gov says they are but when I go to store level they pointed to their systems say it's not available.

I couldn't find one either

I just went with Pfizer
Stressboy
AG
AggiEE said:

Stressboy said:

I couldn't find one either

I just went with Pfizer

I ended up calling individual pharmacies that the .gov said had it and one in flower mound did.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.