How long do J&J side effects last?

2,517 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SoTxAg
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Due to work mandates the wife and I went ahead and got J&J this past Saturday. She had no side effects but I have, possibly because I'm still testing positive for antibodies and she isn't but that's neither here nor there.

Most of the side effects I've had were brief but diarrhea since then and it's a common side effect. Any idea when these abate?
waitwhat?
Haven't gotten it but it's bulls*** that you have antibodies and still had to get vaccinated.

Clown world.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
TarponChaser
waitwhat? said:

Haven't gotten it but it's bulls*** that you have antibodies and still had to get vaccinated.

Clown world.

No argument from me. Not real happy about it.
nwaggie
AG
I just felt kind of "wonky" the day after I got the shot, then I was fine.
c-jags
I took J&J at noon and my wife took it at 4 pm

At 10 PM I got body aches and shivers and my wife thought i was exaggerating (but she thinks I'm a baby when I'm sick anyways.) I took a shower and fell asleep immediately. She woke me up shivering at 2 AM with the same symptoms. I had sweated out whatever it was.

Next morning I was better but felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Better by 9 AM. Wife lingered till the afternoon but was fine.

I will say that we have been exposed a whole whole bunch and remain untouched. We may have asymptomatically spread it at Pine Cove this summer. Everybody we were around got it but we were fine.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Went through the exact same thing a little over a month ago. Had COVID last September, got j&j because of crackdown of rules at work. I started feeling the side effects about 6 hours after getting the vaccine. I had body aches, felt week, and felt feverish (didn't check if I was). Next day was more of the same, with some heavy fatigue, really didn't let up at all that day. 2 days after still the same but much less severe, could actually tolerate leaving my house and living pretty normally.

Overall I felt more sick after the vaccine than I did after Covid, it just only lasted somewhere between 35-40 hours before I was back to like 90%.
bay fan
S
Hopefully for a very long time you will have the side effect of excellent immunity for having both Covid and now the shot. Isn't that the important side effect?
Kvetch
AG
bay fan said:

Hopefully for a very long time you will have the side effect of excellent immunity for having both Covid and now the shot. Isn't that the important side effect?

No, other side effects are just as important. He already had immunity. Now he has to deal with stomach issues because bad policy forced him into a decision he didn't want to make.

Hope you feel better, OP. Stomach issues blow. They're even worse when they're foisted upon you against your will.
TarponChaser
bay fan said:

I already had immunity.
TarponChaser
Kvetch said:

bay fan said:

No, other side effects are just as important. He already had immunity. Now he has to deal with stomach issues because bad policy forced him into a decision he didn't want to make.

Hope you feel better, OP. Stomach issues blow. They're even worse when they're foisted upon you against your will.

Thanks man. I seem to be better today. It just really sucked not being able to trust a fart for 4 days.
LSB_2002
AG
TarponChaser said:

Kvetch said:

bay fan said:

Thanks man. I seem to be better today. It just really sucked not being able to trust a fart for 4 days.
I'm in the same boat. Still have anti-bodies (albeit pretty small, Texas Cares Study), but my office is pretty much forcing it...... I figured if it goes down, i'll do the J&J. Frustrating!!!
BigOil
AG
I got slightly fatigued and blah the day after, light headache… back to normal on day 2
88planoAg
AG
Missed this thread till now. My 18 year old didn't want to have his antibodies tested, chose to have the J&J instead. He was asymptomatic positive Jan 2 2021. He had fever and chills, missed 2 days of school.
RushHour
J&J with 0 side effects here. Wife had the same show with 0 side effects other than a sore shoulder for a day at the injection spot.
Proc92
No side effects, swear I got a saline injection. Nothing at all. J&J from cvs. But I haven't gotten covid, as far as I know.
TarponChaser
Proc92 said:

No side effects, swear I got a saline injection. Nothing at all. J&J from cvs. But I haven't gotten covid, as far as I know.

I wonder if @RushHour had covid previously?

The fact I had it, recovered, and still had antibodies seems to me it might be why I reacted the way I did.
94chem
TarponChaser said:

Proc92 said:

I wonder if @RushHour had covid previously?

The fact I had it, recovered, and still had antibodies seems to me it might be why I reacted the way I did.

2 days of headache for wife. Breakthrough case a few weeks ago was one day of headache.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
SoTxAg
AG
Fwiw, i got the j&j because of work, no side effects. Got the shot from Heb pharmacy 8 months after having had covid.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.