Getting vaccine while having a cold

881 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dr. Spaceman
Dr. Spaceman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got sick a couple weeks ago and decided once I was better I'd go ahead with the vaccine. 3 tests (at home, PCR, at home) came back negative so I feel certain it wasn't Covid. Only problem is it's 2 weeks later and I'm still coughing and a bit stopped up. It's not much, but I can't shake the damn thing.

Since I'm not fully recovered, is it better to wait for the cold to go away completely? Google seems somewhat split although most of the "you should wait" suggestions seem to be based on the potential one actually has Covid (which again I'm certain I don't). Would a slightly compromised immune system potentially make the side effects worse?

Late 20s, no known comorbidities, BMI 23.1
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Allergies are awful right now. For a lot of people. Could that be contributing?
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Dr. Spaceman
Didn't think about that but it's possible. Although I had a sore throat and slight fever (99.3) the first couple days which I've always associated more with a cold than allergies
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
We have no way of knowing because the powerful Bread Lobby keeps stopping my research!
KidDoc
AG
You likely have a sinus infection at this point or bronchitis from RSV or parainfluenza initial infection. You should probably see a doctor.

Either way you can get a COVID vaccine it is fine.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dr. Spaceman
Thanks, doc
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.