Anyone tested positive after vaccine?

2,624 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nixter
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I were both vaccinated earlier in the year and now are like 98% sure we have it. Going to try to get in for testing tomorrow. We also have an almost 3yo and 4 month old so I'm wondering if they'll test them as well.

We're in MT and not sure where we'll be able to get tested, may end up going to ID.
cc_ag92
AG
We haven't, but we know a few people who have.
One is a first grade teacher who ran a low-grade fever for one day, felt pretty tired for that day, then felt fine until she was allowed to return to school. She said she wouldn't have gotten tested except that 1/4 of her class had been diagnosed already.
Every single person I know who was vaccinated had mild symptoms except for one immune-compromised friend. She was sick for almost two weeks and fatigued for a few weeks longer.
I hope y'all recover quickly!
Bruce Almighty
AG
My dad did. Lost smell and taste for a couple days, but that was it.
KALALL
AG
I got the J&J vaccine and tested positive last week. I felt tired and achy for a couple of days and then was pretty much back to normal.
rather be fishing
AG
I was achy for a couple of days and had some congestion and headaches since Thursday night. Felt really good all day today and then this evening the aches came back with a 99.0 fever. Lost my smell today. Wife hasn't been able to smell since Thursday.
bigtruckguy3500
How will testing change what you do? Lost of smell/taste is highly specific to covid, so I'd just assume you have it and isolate for a few more days, save some time and money.
TheMasterplan
Sounds like a good excuse to go fly fishing.
Rex Racer
AG
My Dad. He is had a mild cough for a few days. Now doing fine on day 11.
shovel pass
AG
I did.
txaggie05
AG
My wife and I did this week after our 5th grade daughter caught it at school.

I was just tired and could tell my body was fighting an infection for a couple days. Temp crept up but no fever.

Wife is on day 4-5 of symptoms. Fatigue, lots of congestion, and cough. Lost taste and smell a couple days ago. She's finally starting to feel better as of today but still coughing a lot and no taste/smell.

She wanted to get tested to be sure and was positive. We both had Pfizer vaccines and got it 2nd doses the first week of May.
Jbob04
AG
Rex Racer said:

My Dad. He is had a mild cough for a few days. Now doing fine on day 11.

Great news Rex!
TamuKid
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

My dad did. Lost smell and taste for a couple days, but that was it.

I was same.
rather be fishing
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

How will testing change what you do? Lost of smell/taste is highly specific to covid, so I'd just assume you have it and isolate for a few more days, save some time and money.
More about knowing for certain, being able to consult about what to do/watch for with the kids, and also about being able to get back into the office/day care if we test negative.
fightingfarmer09
About a month ago.

I tested positive and opted against testing the 5 y/o who also had an ear infection. It's not worth them having a bad experience at the doctor. Didn't test anyone else in the household.

The medical staff had me sit in my car in the parking lot then spoke to me like I had terminal cancer. Quickly followed by, "there's nothing that can be done for you, good luck."

Youngest and wife didn't show symptoms and went about their normal routines.
AggieUSMC
AG
I was vaccinated in January. Got the 'rona at the end of July. Very mild case with a few days of sinus congestion, one morning of feeling like I was hung over and loss of taste and smell for a couple of weeks.
TexAg2001
AG
I got the J&J vaccine in early July. Got COVID last week of August. Fever, aches, headache, loss of smell/taste, insomnia, slight cough. Got worse each day for the first 4 days. Did a monoclonal antibody infusion in the afternoon of Day 4. Woke up on Day 5 and all symptoms were gone except for loss of smell and slight cough. Smell came back about 10 days later and still have a lingering cough.

We did PCR tests at the CVS drivethrough. After being in close contact with me when my symptoms started, my wife and kids needed to show negative tests to return back to work/school. I stayed isolated from them for about 10 days after symptoms began. They were all negative.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Fully vaccinated family friend in his 60's and relatively healthy almost died. Got severe pneumonia and spent a while in the ICU. I think about a month total in hospital. Family knows quite a few people in their 60's and 70's who are fully vaxxed and basically suffered flu like symptoms ranging from mild to rough. I am sure plenty of their peers have contracted and didn't even know it though.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Hammerly High Dive Crips
AggieUSMC said:

I was vaccinated in January. Got the 'rona at the end of July. Very mild case with a few days of sinus congestion, one morning of feeling like I was hung over and loss of taste and smell for a couple of weeks.
Sounds more severe than my case back in June 2020. Never had any congestion of sinus issues...aside from a very slight burning sensation, similar to when you breath in a little water, but way more mild. Lost smell and most of my taste for like 10 days.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
cc_ag92
AG
If I suspect I have it, I'll get tested so that I can use "corona days" at work instead of personal days. With the Covid days (I have no idea what they're really called), I can work at home as long as I feel up to it and not need to use my personal days.
AgLiving06
Wife and I had Pfizer in March/April and both got COVID in August.

Had one day of of a super dry sinuses + loss of smell. That was a Monday. By Wednesday I was back on my Peloton doing light rides. Ended up with linger congestion for like 2 weeks but that was it.

KlinkerAg11
AG
I was vaccinated and got Covid. Very mild case.

Worst issue for me was after getting better I got a pretty bad upper respiratory infection about a week later.

I just think kicking Covid makes your immune system weaker and more susceptible to other infections.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Both my father and step mother now have it and are vaccinated. Dad is 78 with comorbidities and has had bypass surgery.

So far he says they are both having very mild symptoms.
Nixter
AG
Uncle was fully vaccinated, got the virus, and died. He was 80 and in very poor health. His Covid symptoms were reportedly mild, but it was enough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.