ZERO college kids hospitalized due to Corona

3,283 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by gonemaroon
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can we all get on with life now or do we still need a vaccine + two more weeks?

rynning
AG
A&M not listed, but there's this:
https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/04/brazos-county-health-district-no-longer-reporting-hospitalizations-active-cases-at-825/
Desert Professor
AG
Just two more weeks.
tylercsbn9
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

But one of those kids may have gotten memaw sick and she's in the hospital. Need to switch to all virtual
johnnyblaze36
AG
rynning said:

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/04/brazos-county-health-district-no-longer-reporting-hospitalizations-active-cases-at-825/
That's interesting. I wonder why the shift in reporting. This is the most positive news I took away from that article:

Quote:

4,218 patients are classified as recovered, which means they have been fever-free for 72 hours without fever-reducing medications, and it has been 10 days after onset of symptoms.

94 percent of the new confirmed cases is from the 18-24 year old age group.
Most everybody recovering and none of those 94% will die. RIP to the gentleman in his 80's that passed away.
rynning
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

I wonder why the shift in reporting.
Do you really have to wonder?
Ag Natural
AG
Im so sick of hearing about positive tests with no actual illness.
My Name Is Judge
It's almost like the overhype is a hoax

Crazy
BiochemAg97
AG
rynning said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

I wonder why the shift in reporting.
Do you really have to wonder?
FWIW, this is the last time they reported daily hospitalizations and discharges.

"The health district will only be reporting total hospital bed and ICU bed occupancy in Brazos County, which they say are monitored by local health officials and are an important indicator of COVID-19 in the community."

I can't figure out how total hospital bed occupancy is an indicator of COVID-19. It isn't COVID occupancy, but total occupancy. Ramp up elective surgeries or have a massive car accident and those numbers could increase and it would have nothing to do with COVID.
themissinglink
AG
While I agree that the risk for college aged and under students is overblown and sensationalized, I'm not sure his hospitalization numbers are accurate. When I go to the dashboards he sites, all show various statistics on testing and cases but very few specially report hospitalizations. It looks like the author of the tweet assumes the absence of specially reporting hospitalizations means there are zero.

I was discussing the Bama data with a Bama grad yesterday and he pointed me towards the local hospital reporting. This is only a small subset of the testing performed and won't fully align with the University's testing, but it would include all hospitalizations in the area. Their data shows 3.2% of cases for 18-25 year olds required inpatient care (which works out to 20 people based on the hospital's case numbers).

https://www.dchsystem.com/news/2020/september/dch-coronavirus-update-9-4-20/
fullback44
AG
If 11000 college students had the flu I can guarantee some would be hospitalized, probably even a few hundred, yet no Covid hospitalizations for college kids.. yet the MSM keeps trying to drive FEAR into the students .. with this kind of data coming out I bet they really don't give a shat about this Covid stuff any more ...

Yet the Big 10 and Pac 12 don't want to play football ... political all the way!
DadHammer
AG
"The health district will only be reporting total hospital bed and ICU bed occupancy in Brazos County, which they say are monitored by local health officials and are an important indicator of COVID-19 in the community."

That is flat out misleading, so covid hospitalizations are dropping fast so now we will assign any hospitalizations to covid whether they are or not?

WTH...
Desert Professor
AG
It time to this mask mandate crapola to cease.
Rapier108
DadHammer said:

That is flat out misleading, so covid hospitalizations are dropping fast so now we will assign any hospitalizations to covid whether they are or not?

WTH...
They have to keep pushing that coronadoom. The Brazos County Heath District has been hideous from day 1 in how they report information, and they keep getting worse by the day. Sadly, our local media goes along with the coronadoom and not one reporter will dare question the official narrative.

Same for the coronabros here claiming that they know numerous students who are on the verge of ICU, being put on a ventilator, or have suffered crippling organ damage which will eventually kill them.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Maroon Dawn
AG
Gotta keep the fear going, somehow, anyhow, until November 4th
AgResearch
AG
Missouri governor said his state has over 7000 cases in colleges and 0 hospitalizations as well.
torrid
AG
Could this be a mutation that is less deadly, but will leave those who recover with immunity to the more deadly form?
AgResearch
AG
torrid said:

Could this be a mutation that is less deadly, but will leave those who recover with immunity to the more deadly form?

Hasn't been deadly outside of really old or extremely unhealthy anyway. The reason we should have no shutdowns any longer. Older folks can be protected and the unhealthy can avoid social interactions on their own.
Sarge 77
tylercsbn9 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

But one of those kids may have gotten memaw sick and she's in the hospital. Need to switch to all virtual

Stay at school and away from memaw.
aggiehawg
AG
fullback44 said:

If 11000 college students had the flu I can guarantee some would be hospitalized, probably even a few hundred, yet no Covid hospitalizations for college kids.. yet the MSM keeps trying to drive FEAR into the students .. with this kind of data coming out I bet they really don't give a shat about this Covid stuff any more ...

Yet the Big 10 and Pac 12 don't want to play football ... political all the way!
I posted in the B1G/Trump thread that the report the B1G relied upon (saying athletes with covid suffered myocarditis) was incorrect. The law suit Nebraska players filed against the B1G specifically wanted those medical reports but the B1G refused to give it to them. So they had to know it was faulty information.
dreyOO
The backlash on this hoax is gonna be beautiful.

I know plenty of lefties that won't ever acknowledge. But the rest of the thinking world is waking up.
TexAgs91
AG
Desert Professor said:

Just two more weeks.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Ag Natural
AG
The best thing about November 4th is when it happens I no longer have to see tin foil hat "wait till Nov 4th" posts.
AgResearch
AG
Ag Natural said:

The best thing about November 4th is when it happens I no longer have to see tin foil hat "wait till Nov 4th" posts.

Wait until Nov 4th...
Mookie
AG
Sarge 77 said:

tylercsbn9 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Friend of mine's niece tested positive at college (Whole sorority apparently), the dad went and picked up his little angel, now the whole family has it. Amazing the amount of bad decisions.
TRADUCTOR
Mookie said:

Sarge 77 said:

tylercsbn9 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Friend of mine's niece tested positive at college (Whole sorority apparently), the dad went and picked up his little angel, now the whole family has it. Amazing the amount of bad decisions.

There was no decision to second guess, cause that's what families do.
willtackleforfood
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

It's almost like the overhype is a hoax

Crazy
...and has nothing to do with a virus.
jt16
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

rynning said:

That's interesting. I wonder why the shift in reporting. This is the most positive news I took away from that article:

Quote:

4,218 patients are classified as recovered, which means they have been fever-free for 72 hours without fever-reducing medications, and it has been 10 days after onset of symptoms.

94 percent of the new confirmed cases is from the 18-24 year old age group.
Most everybody recovering and none of those 94% will die. RIP to the gentleman in his 80's that passed away.

I think it's because it's not alarming anymore and showing hospitalizations don't really scare anyone anymore
DadHammer
AG
Not smart
AnScAggie
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

SEC...SEC...SEC!!!
gonemaroon
AG
Only CNN is hung up on cases

We've moved on to hospitalizations, deaths, and after affects.

Clay's great open campuses up
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.