Quarantine together?

2,903 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SoTheySay
Fightin TX Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two people who are friends got COVID19 at the same dinner party.

They are Both positive and with mild symptoms. They are thinking about just doing quarantine together so that it is less boring.

Any risk to that??
Complete Idiot
Viral load? A term I've grown to hate, but maybe a doctor can share if that is a real concern? It was felt if around someone really sick, or multiple sick people, it can make your own illness worse.
culdeus
AG
They gonna have teh secks or what?
Complete Idiot
culdeus said:

Some sick headed person will probably try a terrible joke about the benefits of losing smell/taste. I really don't like gutter jokes.
Capitol Ag
AG
culdeus said:

Absolutely my first thought.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
One of these people is my daughter.

Does anyone have any serious thoughts?
cisgenderedAggie
Pics?
AgResearch
AG
bigtruckguy3500
No harm.
DadHammer
AG
I doubt it. Be way less boring too.
BiochemAg97
AG
If they already have symptoms, I'm guessing the party was almost a week ago. They are way past the point where more exposure is going to matter.

Initial dose is significant early in the infection. After several days the infected cells are pumping orders of magnitude more virus than you would get from another exposure.
The InTIMidator
AG
I tested positive last Monday and have been living upstairs (theater room, office, guest bedrooms/bathrooms, outdoor deck) while my wife brings me food and removes dirty dishes. My wife is asymptomatic yet has experienced headaches and some muscle pain. She was tested Saturday and is likely positive, yet her physician wants us to remain separated for two weeks beyond symptoms since her levels may present me with a setback. BTW - we are both retired, age 61, and I'm the fit one that exercises daily.
DadHammer
AG
Interesting move by your Dr. I wouldn't think that would matter after you were infected for a few days but better safe than sorry.
I hope you both get better very soon.
AggieBiker
AG
The InTIMidator said:

I tested positive last Monday and have been living upstairs (theater room, office, guest bedrooms/bathrooms, outdoor deck) while my wife brings me food and removes dirty dishes. My wife is asymptomatic yet has experienced headaches and some muscle pain. She was tested Saturday and is likely positive, yet her physician wants us to remain separated for two weeks beyond symptoms since her levels may present me with a setback. BTW - we are both retired, age 61, and I'm the fit one that exercises daily.

What is his scientific reasoning that her levels may present you with a setback? It seems if you have it and get clear of it, her load won't overcome the antibodies you have developed. It sounds to me like your doctor is going off of an extra cautionary approach rather than the science we are all supposed to trust.
The InTIMidator
AG
Now that I'm 90% recovered and even rode my indoor trainer for my first post-COVID workout today, I'll add that it was likely my wife that came up with that viral load separation theory (not her physician). Once my brain fog lifted a few days ago and as her symptoms worsened (although still somewhat mild), I transitioned to serving as her caregiver. We both lost our sense of smell and to a degree, our taste too. Neither of us experienced coughing or lung issues, and I never ran a fever. It was diverticulitis that initially took me down hard and 4 days later the positive test.
mccjames
AG
Based on what I have read and assuming there are no underlying health issues, quarantine together and binge watch tv or do puzzles. On of the big issues is mental issues due to lack of socializing. Dr. are throwing out some pretty high numbers of increase in depression during this thing.
Easy come, Easy go
SoTheySay
S
My personal opinion is that people do better not in it alone. My wife and I both had it and as much as I wanted to leave this house it was nice having someone around. A friend of ours had it at the same time and lives alone and she just seemed much more depressed than we did.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.