Volunteers Still Needed in Rockport

3,742 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Thomas Sowell, PhD
18AG2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

For the past month and a half, I've been volunteering with a Harvey relief program in Rockport. Even a year after Harvey, many people don't realize how much work still needs to be done to help our fellow Texans get back on their feet. People are still living in moldy, significantly damaged houses, tents, or sheds. The organization I'm with, All Hands and Hearts, is one of the only disaster relief organizations still in Rockport, and we've seen volunteer numbers drop quite a bit recently. What I find disappointing is that I'm currently the only volunteer from Texas. I proudly wear my Aggie Ring everyday, and sometimes get made fun of by the northerners I work with for still wearing a college ring. Since I've been here, I've met more volunteers from Europe than Texas. That's embarrassing, Ags. I know summer's coming to a close, but we could use some hardworking, selfless people down here, so I would be remiss not to reach out to fellow Ags.

We're currently mostly in the rebuild stage, but are still doing muck and guts on the moldy houses. No experience with either of those is required. If you're interested or know people that might be, or just want more information, shoot me an email at agarrett92@gmail.com.

Thanks and gig'em!

Allison Garrett '14
maddiedou
AG
Allison. Can you email me at gdogprop@gmail.com

I have questions. Gary
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.