Official Unified Student Response Efforts

8,229 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Thomas Sowell, PhD
bthoharvey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
***UPDATED WITH SUPPLY SEND OFF EVENT INFORMATION***

Howdy! We are a culmination of approximately 150 student organizations combining efforts to bring as much relief as possible to the Houston area.

Driven by selfless service, Aggies have always come together to provide assistance to those who need it. As Harvey continues to linger along the Texas coast, we have decided to come together to provide a unified response for our fellow Texans.

We will be hosting a canned/non-perishable food & supply drive with drop-off locations across campus, a blood drive early next week (specific date TBD), along with other opportunities to help out.

Right now we need your support to make this happen!
We are in need of the following:
Boxes
Plastic containers
Large Trash Bags
Storage, Trailers, and/or Transportation

Whether it's dropping off food & supplies, donating blood, or helping out in local shelters, we know Aggies want to help in any way we can. We are here to coordinate these efforts and help students help our neighbors.

#BTHOharvey Supply Send Off

This Saturday, September 2nd, we will be sending the supplies collected by the Aggie family throughout the week to those in the affected areas.

11am to 3pm - FINAL SUPPLY DRIVE: we will be hosting the final supply drive at Lot 100 (next to Reed Arena).
NEEDED ITEMS ARE: Water, Non-Perishable Food Items, Adult Diapers, Baby Diapers, Baby Wipes, Cots, Air Matresses, Over-The-Counter Medications, Soap, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Feminine Hygiene Products, Wheelchairs
There will be live music by local country artist Wynn Williams, performances by TAMU student groups, and much more!

3pm to 4pm - RALLY: Come out to learn more about all of our #BTHOharvey intiatives & how you can get involved and help those affected by the hurricane. We will have guest speakers and will be sending off the supply trucks!

4:30pm - As we wrap up, make the short walk over to Reed Arena to support Aggie Volleyball as they BTHOpennstate! WHOOP!

All of our info so far can be found here:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BTHOharvey2017/

If you can help us in any way, please email us or contact us on Twitter!
Email: bthoharvey@aggienetwork.com
Twitter: @bthoharvey

Thanks, Gig 'Em, & #BTHOharvey!
Chris Riggins '18
Staci Rende '19
Austin Erickson '18
Greta Swift '18
Zoe Scott '18
Cody Cook '19
The Marine Biologist
AG
Fantastic. You've got the Aggie Network behind you!
fletch01
AG
Good bull! Glad to see the Aggie Spirit is alive and well in Aggieland.
gretaswift888
WHOOP
bthoharvey
We have received questions on where we are taking donate items:
Items will be stored in containers provided by BUILD and then distributed to individual shelters where the items are needed! We have already been contacted by a few shelters, namely Standing With Women Of Faith will be taking items to two high schools in Rosenberg serving around 500 people & growing!
If anyone knows of any shelters in need, please put us in touch with them! Our email address is bthoharvey@aggienetwork.com
Nutmegger
AG
I will bring some items out tomorrow. Let me know if you could use any volunteer help.

Thank you for organizing this!
ptothemo
AG
Good bull!
mrsbeer05
AG
Good job y'all! Aggie spirit at work
AnyOtherName
AG
Awesome! Just a thought...

The Big Event staff should consider rallying all contacts and shift things south this year. I know it isn't until March, but having the capacity of 20k+ people each year would be one hell of a service to the people South of College Station. I would drive in from Dallas and I am sure a lot of other Alums would too.

Keep up the good work, Ags!

- SY '11
MississippiAG93
AG
Gig'em Ags
Waffledynamics
The Marine Biologist
AG
AnyOtherName said:

Awesome! Just a thought...

The Big Event staff should consider rallying all contacts and shift things south this year. I know it isn't until March, but having the capacity of 20k+ people each year would be one hell of a service to the people South of College Station. I would drive in from Dallas and I am sure a lot of other Alums would too.

Keep up the good work, Ags!

- SY '11
That's a GREAT idea!
Nutmegger
AG
This organization would be a great opportunity for the Big Event since they will be doing work for months to come:

https://spvolunteernetwork.samaritanspurse.org/hurricane-harvey-reponse/
lburton
AG
Thank you for setting this up! I have promoted this on our Facebook page to generate support.

- Lisa Burton '10, President
Brazos County A&M Club
etexDVM
AG
What is the greatest need at this time?
I can bring goods this weekend.
Tailgate88
AG
Good Bull! Aggies doing what Aggies do. This is from their FB page for those asking what type of things they are asking for:

bthoharvey
Howdy again! We have seen a tremendous outpouring of support, and once again we are blown away by the power of the Aggie Network.

As of now, the plan is to take donated goods down to two shelters in Rosenberg and one in Angleton this weekend. These shelters reached out to us and are in desperate need of the items mentioned in the flyer below: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIaTk8VVYAAMxml.jpg

We are also in need of help with transporting the goods down to these shelters!
We will be collecting everything at Walmart on Saturday, and then heading down to Rosenberg (weather and road conditions permitting). If you can help by providing a truck and/or trailer, please let us know by emailing bthoharvey@aggienetwork.com

Again, thanks so much for your support! We will be back soon with more info on Saturday's plans as well as blood drives.

Thanks & Gig 'em,
Chris Riggins '18
azkcr
I have a military 5ton that can handle 6' of water.
Who do I talk to utilize this beast???
weezonjon
AG
I am an AP at a high school that has 2000+ families that may have been affected. We would love support if you can provide donated items.

Please contact me JonathonKGutierrez at katyisd dot org

88jrt06
AG
bthoharvey said:

Howdy again! We have seen a tremendous outpouring of support, and once again we are blown away by the power of the Aggie Network.

As of now, the plan is to take donated goods down to two shelters in Rosenberg and one in Angleton this weekend. These shelters reached out to us and are in desperate need of the items mentioned in the flyer below:

We are also in need of help with transporting the goods down to these shelters!
We will be collecting everything at Walmart on Saturday, and then heading down to Rosenberg (weather and road conditions permitting). If you can help by providing a truck and/or trailer, please let us know by emailing bthoharvey@aggienetwork.com

Again, thanks so much for your support! We will be back soon with more info on Saturday's plans as well as blood drives.

Thanks & Gig 'em,
Chris Riggins '18

Excellent call. These are some of the folks who are currently at the back of "the line" for sure. Many poor,
many multi-flooded folks. That's a bullseye. Make us proud, cavalry...
momlaw
AG
Jeff Ray '10 is piloting for Aerobridge through the weekend making flights to the southern reaches of the disaster zone. He will come to Easterwood if you have sufficient load. He can carry 300-350 pounds which is about 2-3 grocery carts depending upon weight/density.

If you want his and other Aerobridge pilots' assistance with delivery contact me momlaw76@gmail.com

These are the requested items:
Mosquito Repellent is a TOP Priority
Sun Screen
Chain Saws with 2 Extra Chains Each
Eye Protection
Ear Protection
Generators
Sanitary Wipes
Blister Bandages
Tree Trimmers
Work Gloves (Med/LG/XL/XXL)
Hand Saws

momlaw
AG
There is an Aerobridge Falcon Jet looking for a load, which would be quite a bit more than the 350# Jeff can handle; have asked how large. Is there a way for you to get supplies to Easterwood if we can get this hooked up?
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=sBP1Xaq6F4e0sQXSnKjgBg&q=most+powerful+rifle+cartridge&oq=most+powerful+rifle&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.3.0l8.1462.12628..16236...4.0..0.181.1786.18j5......0....1.......8..41j41i22i30j41i10j0i131j46i131j46j46i131i275j0i10.zbbESfd6ubg#imgrc=7DG_q--_gxg-PM:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.