**Official Harvey Thread** Updated Staff Warning on OP 1:50 p.m. 8/27

472,383 Views | 5047 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Patentmike
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like this could be the one!

[There are posters on this board that are enduring real danger and real loss due to this storm. As of this warning, any posters making light of this situation right now will be banned for a month. Before you make a joke and hit send, ask yourself if the posters or moderators on this board will think that it's funny.

9:45 a.m. 8/27/17

There is the warning. -Staff]

NEW NOTICE

This is not the thread to debate if there should have been an evacuation. It is for updates on the current conditions and we do not want it to be cluttered up with pages of arguing about what should or should not have been done. We will also ban poster that ignore this warning. Thank you. -Staff]

1:50 p.m. 8/27/17

POSTERS ARE USING THIS THREAD ALONG WITH OTHER FORMS OF NEWS AND SOCIAL MEDIA TO KEEP UP WITH CURRENT CONDITIONS. DO NOT CLUTTER UP THE THREAD WITH POLITICAL ARGUING.

START A NEW THREAD IF YOU WANT TO DO THAT
Cromagnum
AG
Responding so you can't change your bad title.
Seabreeze
This one has potential. Ever thing seems to be set in place for growth. It appears to have a more NW movement now than yesterday. Will be interesting to see if its stalls out as most models are calling for now, and how rapid development will be.
Here4Beer
AG
Cromagnum said:

Responding so you can't change your bad title.
Liquid Wrench
We don't use "official" stars on this board, Vader. And there are already two threads on the subject.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Snoopaloop said:

This one has potential. Ever thing seems to be set in place for growth. It appears to have a more NW movement now than yesterday. Will be interesting to see if its stalls out as most models are calling for now, and how rapid development will be.

On the weather channel they said the only reason they don't want to say it will be as bad as Alison is because they don't wish that on anyone...

- RIP SEABASS
- VADER WAS MISUNDERSTOOD
Ag_07
AG
GFS track

Quote:

I post this not because you should take the track above as gospelit is far from it. Rather, the model is illustrative of the fact that this is a tropical system that could very well move inland into Texas somewhere along the coast, more or less stall, and drop 10 to 15 inches of rain (or more) on someone's head over a two or three day period. Widespread areas may see 4 to 8 inches. I'm not saying this is a repeat of Tropical Storm Allison, as that would be irresponsible. But these kinds of slow moving systems are the ones that often produce widespread flooding.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Ag_07 said:

GFS track

Quote:

I post this not because you should take the track above as gospelit is far from it. Rather, the model is illustrative of the fact that this is a tropical system that could very well move inland into Texas somewhere along the coast, more or less stall, and drop 10 to 15 inches of rain (or more) on someone's head over a two or three day period. Widespread areas may see 4 to 8 inches. I'm not saying this is a repeat of Tropical Storm Allison, as that would be irresponsible. But these kinds of slow moving systems are the ones that often produce widespread flooding.

exactly what I saw
- RIP SEABASS
- VADER WAS MISUNDERSTOOD
Serotonin
AG
This actually does look like it could be a bad one, it's forming pretty quickly.
AggieChemE09
AG
Sweet, just in time for my move into my house.
88jrt06
AG
AggieChemE09 said:

Sweet, just in time for my move into my house.

Pier and beam?
88jrt06
AG
Ag_07 said:

GFS track

Quote:

I'm not saying this is a repeat of Tropical Storm Allison, as that would be irresponsible. But...

"We'll be back in a moment, after a word from your friends at Nagasaki Motors....."
plowboy1065
S
Don't forget to wrap your pipes
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Wish I could get our favorite weather girl to wrap my pipe
plowboy1065
S
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

plowboy1065 said:

Wish I could get our favorite weather girl to wrap my pipe

Talmbout
BMX Bandit
CDUB98 said:

It would be nice if Collard Greens could do us all a favor and start chugging bleach now, before the storm arrives.

CarRunningOverBikers.gif comes to mind
Cromagnum
AG
The media circus should start anytime now. I give it until this afternoon before they really get going.
Ag_07
AG
KPRC had a reporter on scene at Brays Bayou this morning.
cone
AG
Allison part two

fml
plowboy1065
S
They've already started with the 20-24 inches of rain possible. They are going to have sh*t fits if we barely get an inch
MelvinUdall
Ag_07 said:

Lord knows anything more than 1/2 inch of rain and that bayou floods.
CDUB98
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'll one up ya. Fox26 had a reporter in Galveston last night.
Cromagnum
AG
Time to bend over if this is what happens...
https://m.imgur.com/cMFKiqz?r
zgood10
AG

Nice knowin' y'all
Al Bula
AG
Oh man. The Outdoor board people are freaking the eff out. Someone is scared of the Dynamic Message Signs on I-10 warning folks for a storm forming and to fill up your gas tank.
The Original AG 76
AG
MY GAWD!!!!
What the hell are we going to do about all of the blind dogs and horses , you know the ones whose owners didn't prevent their animals from looking at the sun during the eclipse, that will now DROWN !!!!
The carnage will be immense !!!
schmellba99
AG
RPM said:

Oh man. The Outdoor board people are freaking the eff out. Someone is scared of the Dynamic Message Signs on I-10 warning folks for a storm forming and to fill up your gas tank.
Yeah...I think you are being a little drama llama with the "freaking the eff out" part.
Cromagnum
AG
RPM said:

Someone needs to hack it to say "Storm forming in the gulf. Prepare thy anus"
kelkel25
This is a good chance for Britta and my girl Elita to rise in the rankings. KHOU will bring Dr Frank off the bench and Chita will get sent to FB live chats
AlaskanAg99
AG
plowboy1065 said:

They've already started with the 20-24 inches of rain possible. They are going to have sh*t fits if we barely get an inch

The entire county will be underwater if that happens.
Cromagnum
AG
What's really going to suck is that the game of thrones season finale is Sunday and most of us either won't have power or satellite feed due to the heavy rain.
AustinCountyAg
Cromagnum said:

What's really going to suck is that the game of thrones season finale is Sunday and most of us either won't have power or satellite feed due to the heavy rain.
I was looking forward to the SHSU vs Richmond game scheduled to be played Sunday night at Bowers Stadium. Game is to be televised on ESPNU. I am thinking that will be canceled now. Damn.

Ag_07
AG
Or the Mayweather-McGregor fight everyone will be paying a couple bills for.
Mikeyshooter
AG
LOL. 10-inches of rain over a span of a few days isn't that big a deal. We had 6 inches of rain over the span of 4 hours a few weeks ago and the flooding was minimal.
Texaggie7nine
Way to jinx it.
7nine
Last Page
Page 1 of 145

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.