LSU HS recruits

4,885 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by twk
SonOf_an_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How much NIL the Cajuns have to pay to keep the 4,5, and 10 ranked HS players from going to the draft?

That is some incoming talent that picked college over MLB.

William Schmidt RHP

Derek Curiel OF

Cade Arrambide C
Ray Baker
I don't think it's all NIL, as LSU did lose a fair amount to the draft. They lost HS signees- Griffin, Caminiti, Bateman, Fountain; 1 portal commit Luke Hayden, and their top returning pitcher Griffin Herring. There are probably a few others they could lose in rounds 11-20.

Curiel and Arrambide are better off going to college, and it's possible that they were told the same by MLB scouts.
Schmidt was a big surprise as many thought he would be a late 1st/high 2nd round pick. I'm sure he's getting NIL but nothing like what his signing bonus would have been.
caleblyn
The Schmidt boy is good. Attended a very dominant high school, Catholic High. My youngest son's best friend is about to attend Catholic as an 8th grader. I am not giving his name, but am fully expecting him to be a top talent in a few years. He plays for Team USA, has a huge bat, and can hit upper 80's with his fb. He is a giant at 6'-2", 180#
BurnetAggie99
I know Cade Arrambide and his family well. He was in our Banditos program on our Scout team. He's going to be a dude in college. Originally was committed to Florida early but then changed to LSU.

Much as I tried to sell A&M, I don't think Ags ever had a chance. Has family that went to A&M though. When Rob Childress was still HC he tried recruiting him hard. Rob's son played Banditos so RC was always at the facility. I know Cade didn't like Schloss so once he was hired here that ended any chances.
EricHill
They did lose a few who were expected to sign pro but their class is ridiculous. Jay Johnson is a monster

They apparently just flipped Ethan Clauss as well. Top 50 player for next year who was committed here before coaching change

Coach Earley seems like he's gonna be a rockstar though so I'll take our chances
OKCAGS
LSU is not going anywhere ….. they have a traditional program with unlimited $$ for baseball . Johnson is good recruiter ( pretty hard to not be in that environment) , but we will be fine . We are going to win and lose recruiting battles with them …. But there is enough talent for both programs to continue to be regular participants in Omaha .
TMartin
SEC Baseball Attendance:

SEC
1. LSU (16) - 10,762
2. Mississippi State (19) - 10,404
3. Arkansas (16) - 9,750
4. Mississippi (16) - 9,380
6. South Carolina (16) - 7,002
7. Florida (15) - 6,103
8. Texas A&M (17) - 5,767
10. Tennessee (18) - 4,914
18. Auburn (15) - 4,002
21. Alabama (15) - 3,506
22. Vanderbilt (18) - 3,486
33. Kentucky (14) - 2,256
39. Georgia (18) - 1,965
67. Missouri (11) - 1,085
SonOf_an_Ag
AG
Miss St is like 15,000 isn't it?

Also left out new sec arrival, tu disch faulk, 7,500

UF has 7,000 seats but another 3,000 on berms

Ole Miss remodeled and holds 12,000

Where did you get your info? 1998?
twk
AG
SonOf_an_Ag said:

Miss St is like 15,000 isn't it?

Also left out new sec arrival, tu disch faulk, 7,500

UF has 7,000 seats but another 3,000 on berms

Ole Miss remodeled and holds 12,000

Where did you get your info? 1998?
Thats average attendance not capacity.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.