Softball Super Fan

2,088 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by StinkyPinky
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
D1 softball did a great story on the Aggie softball fan seen doing high kicks during the game Monday night.

Quote:

Revis Ward-Daggett doesn't care how silly she looks. She isn't bothered by what other people might think of her.

After being given only a 1% chance to live a few years ago, Ward-Daggett treats every day as a gift. All she wants to do is have fun and make people smile.
Quote:

Ward-Daggett is the aunt of A&M first baseman Trinity Cannon. Although she's always been a supporter of Cannon, she's made a concerted effort to attend as many games as possible this season because it's Cannon's senior year.

Cannon and Ward-Daggett share a special bond that was fortified in 2018 when Ward-Daggett was diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer. She was given a 3% chance of surviving upon diagnosis, and the odds dropped to 1% two years later.

It took Ward-Daggett "hours and hours" to find a doctor who would take her as a patient, "because who wants a rsum where you know this person is already 11 or 12 steps towards death right?" Ward-Daggett said.

Ward-Daggett chose to get her chemotherapy treatments at Baylor White & Scott Health, a hospital in Dallas that has both clinical and research campuses for the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine.
Worth a read. Gig'em and God Bless Ms. Ward-Daggett!

https://d1softball.com/that-crazy-am-fan-shes-a-survivor/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0BMQABHcKmtiojZJ0PYHH5r5r3T3jnnndLeyYrxwH1lSy20Xtqt260V4jT0SUdZg_aem_AdmJwQxOz9XYMunTg7km9Kf01UGgaO0ppDiw9MJNVMD8Um9Bxgfdix54XT_bS5dgZoE
coldmoose
Thank you. I had seen her.
Thank you for sharing.
greg.w.h
AG
Great story and thank you for posting it. I'm glad Trinity has this to remember her by even if her aunt survives another 50 years. When siblings are close their children know it instinctively and it helps that next generation feel there is a foundation that is dependable.

I adore her willingness to be goofy to support Trin and the team. We spend way too much time trying to be just so. Let it hang out Aunt Revis!!!
rah89
AG
Great story!
Decay
AG
I saw those high kicks on twitter and was hoping there was a story behind it. Didn't know those kicks were strong enough to kick cancer's ass though!!
CrawlingNo5
AG
Damn, 1% chance to live. She is a badass.
missinAggieland
AG
Decay said:

I saw those high kicks on twitter and was hoping there was a story behind it. Didn't know those kicks were strong enough to kick cancer's ass though!!

And the people mocking her really look stupid now.

I mean how dare a happy fan do high kicks!?!
Bucketrunner
She's a Davis Diamond now.

She is fabulous!
java94
AG
I had the pleasure to meet her at a tailgate last year. She was a delight! And it was obvious she makes friends wherever she goes!
Captn_Ag05
AG
KBTX picked up her story

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/23/texas-am-softball-has-survivor-their-stands/?tbref=hp
cevans_40
AG
We sat behind her and her group on Sunday. They were awesome and we had a blast
StinkyPinky
AG
Best thing I've seen all day!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.