Planning on attending Regionals/Supers? Word of advice

3,837 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Hearne_Ag
TheBonifaceOption
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On a thread someone mentioned that there were only 9 regular season home games left and that saddens me. But then I realized the postseason will be here quicker than we realize. With the tournament in Hoover and the selection show, its bing bang boom--regional time.

Regionals are May 31 - June 3
Supers are June 7 - 10

Then it hit me. Supers happens during a major event: Mexico-Brazil playing at Kyle Field. Accomodacionnes are already getting limited. As we approach selection day, it may be near impossible to find a stay for Supers.

So, TAs, it would be prudent to book now. Just a word of advice.
W
AG
it may be near impossible to find somewhere to park on June 8th
SW AG80
AG
Yes I would book now. Tickets will be hard to come by too.

And I can't believe a soccer game was scheduled same weekend as a baseball regional.
greg.w.h
AG
It's football.
TheBonifaceOption
W said:

Why? All the soccer fans will fit in 6 trucks.
TyHolden
AG
If you're just now realizing this, you're up **** creek. Go park at Jimbo's ranch and uber it in.
12thMan9
AG
greg.w.h said:

It's football.

It's kickball.
Ronnie '88
twk
AG
Anyone know how sales for the soccer game are going? There was a thread on premium for the pre-sale and it didn't strike me as being all that strong. When Mexico played USA in Arlington a few weeks ago, attendance was just under 60,000. I also would not be surprised if the vast majority of fans for this match are daytrippers from Houston and Austin. Hotels.com shows some reasonable deals being available.

What will be nuts on that Saturday is traffic. However, I'm sure that our game would be slated for noon or something like that, so it may be post game traffic that is more of an issue.

Season ticket holders will get parking as usual. I would imagine that part of Reed will be set aside exclusively for baseball parking permits.
threeanout
AG
Last year they had 11:00 am, 2:00 pm, 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm start times for Saturday supers. If their is a west coast super regional, they usually get the late start and the east coast regional usually gets the early start. A 2:00 pm start wouldn't be that bad for getting in to Olsen, but it would probably be hell getting out. A 5:00 pm start would be hell getting in, but easy getting out.
TheBonifaceOption
12thMan9 said:

greg.w.h said:

It's football.

It's kickball.
It's povertyball
TyHolden
AG
SW AG80 said:

And I can't believe a soccer game was scheduled same weekend as a baseball regional.
see Jimbo's contract....they probably didn't have many options on dates for this. Same thing with George Strait concert.

We'll probably sell out all 3 regardless.
twk
AG
TyHolden said:

SW AG80 said:

see Jimbo's contract....they probably didn't have many options on dates for this. Same thing with George Strait concert.

We'll probably sell out all 3 regardless.

That weekend is the only weekend Mexico and Brazil could play, at least until September. Players are tied up with club team duties most of they year, except for a few international windows dictated by FIFA. So, this game couldn't be played a week later, or two weeks later.
e=mc2
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

W said:

Why? All the soccer fans will fit in 6 trucks.
e=mc2
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

12thMan9 said:

greg.w.h said:

It's football.

It's kickball.
It's povertyball
Back to back blue parachutes!

Alpha Man
Planning on being there in person to welcome the lady Brazil fans.

bonfarr
AG
We know, there was already a long thread on Premium from a few people clutching their pearls after our AD had the audacity to schedule a big money making event on the same weekend that we would be hosting a Regional.
ensign_beedrill
AG
nevermind. misread.
Hearne_Ag
AG
twk said:

Anyone know how sales for the soccer game are going? There was a thread on premium for the pre-sale and it didn't strike me as being all that strong. When Mexico played USA in Arlington a few weeks ago, attendance was just under 60,000. I also would not be surprised if the vast majority of fans for this match are daytrippers from Houston and Austin. Hotels.com shows some reasonable deals being available.

What will be nuts on that Saturday is traffic. However, I'm sure that our game would be slated for noon or something like that, so it may be post game traffic that is more of an issue.

Season ticket holders will get parking as usual. I would imagine that part of Reed will be set aside exclusively for baseball parking permits.
They need to make lot 61 available for that day!
ensign_beedrill
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

twk said:

They need to make lot 61 available for that day!
What's the deal with lot 61? Why's it just sitting there, blocked off, with seemingly nothing going on?
Hearne_Ag
AG
Construction for the "Aplin Center Building".
BLSmith04
AG
How does getting tickets for the regionals and super regionals work? Do the tickets become available through 12MF? For the regionals, does one ticket get you both games that day, or do you need two separate tickets?
twk
AG
BLSmith04 said:

How does getting tickets for the regionals and super regionals work? Do the tickets become available through 12MF? For the regionals, does one ticket get you both games that day, or do you need two separate tickets?
Season ticket holder will be given the option to renew. What's left will be offered to TMF members first, then to the public at large (probably won't get to that point). Each game will have a separate ticket. I think GA will be sold in advance. Except for season ticket renewals, tickets won't be sold until after the field is announced.
BLSmith04
AG
twk said:

BLSmith04 said:

Season ticket holder will be given the option to renew. What's left will be offered to TMF members first, then to the public at large (probably won't get to that point). Each game will have a separate ticket. I think GA will be sold in advance. Except for season ticket renewals, tickets won't be sold until after the field is announced.
I'm a current student, so I always just sit GA with my sports pass. Will I be able to buy GA tickets, or should I join the TMF to get access to tickets?
dabo man
AG
Your sports pass would not work at a regional or super regional. They are NCAA events, not TAMU events.
twk
AG
BLSmith04 said:

twk said:

BLSmith04 said:

I'm a current student, so I always just sit GA with my sports pass. Will I be able to buy GA tickets, or should I join the TMF to get access to tickets?
I think they may offer students a chance to buy tickets. But, I'm out of the loop on that. Hopefully, someone who knows will chime in. Your sports pass will not get you in because it's an NCAA event.
BLSmith04
AG
twk said:

BLSmith04 said:

twk said:

BLSmith04 said:

I think they may offer students a chance to buy tickets. But, I'm out of the loop on that. Hopefully, someone who knows will chime in. Your sports pass will not get you in because it's an NCAA event.
Yeah I know the sports pass won't work. But will I have the opportunity to purchase GA tickets?
StinkyPinky
AG
greg.w.h said:

It's football.
Its money
twk
AG
BLSmith04 said:

twk said:

BLSmith04 said:

twk said:

BLSmith04 said:

Yeah I know the sports pass won't work. But will I have the opportunity to purchase GA tickets?
I think you will, but not by just walking up on gameday. As I recall, all tickets are sold in advance.
ensign_beedrill
AG
twk said:

BLSmith04 said:

Each game does have a separate ticket, however, when tickets go on sale, they will go on sale as "all session passes." These passes will get you a ticket to each game. Individual game tickets, if available after the sale of passes, will be sold on game days. I recommend buying a pass, because there aren't likely to be many individual tickets left. They usually come from the away team allotment if the away team doesn't use all of theirs.
ensign_beedrill
AG
BLSmith04 said:

twk said:

BLSmith04 said:

twk said:

BLSmith04 said:

In the past, they have given students who have gone to a certain number of baseball games the opportunity to buy tickets. I believe they turn 202 and 203 into reserved seating for Regionals with any GA being in the berms and Section 12.
Buford T. Justice
AG
They haven't started yet, and it makes too much sense to make it available for parking that weekend. Probably will put up more fabric so that you can't see what's going on.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Hearne_Ag
AG
Yeah I know they haven't started yet.
Gigemchicken90
AG
I thought the new President put that building on hold. Have y'all heard that?
'90
tmaggies
AG
Soccers not even a sport
BQ_90
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

Construction for the "Aplin Center Building".

Except there hasn't been any construction in over a year
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.