Help Convert t-sip Girl to Life-long Ag - Friday Game

1,828 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by sleepybeagle
hsjnlssmith89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been working for years on the conversion process of my daughter from a t-sip fan (influence of her mother) to a maroon-bleeding Aggie. It has been a long road and I have finally convinced her to take a Friday night off and come with me to CS to watch my Ags BTHO GA. The fact that it is my birthday weekend helped in convincing her.

The final step is to secure a couple of tickets. Are there any aggies here that would be interested in donating or selling 2 Friday night tickets to the Georgia game to this ole Ag in hopes that his daughter will see the light?

Gig'em
TheBonifaceOption
Rule #1
bonfarr
AG
So your wife went to Texas State?
Bucketrunner
Seat Geek
Randy Rhodes
Make her mom out to be the bad guy in every situation. That's the best way of making her an Aggie
Craigy
Don't force it. It has to happen naturally and be her idea.
HuttoAg27
AG
If you have the time, get GA tickets, get there an hour+ early, and sit in/around the student section. We get pretty animated, especially on Friday night. If that doesn't win her over, nothing will.
tamc93
AG
We had a father (sip) and visiting son sit to us last Friday night. Neither had ever been to a game and I shared a set of "free bubbles" with the son. Both left impressed after the game.

edit to add: watch the ticket exchange, but beware of scammers. 12th man site currently has GA tickets, but you may need to get there earlier than the game for seats (last week they filled up right after the gates opened).
Sharpshooter
AG
Fitst games, win or lose, are quite impressionable. If this is her first Collegiate game, you got it made.
hsjnlssmith89
AG
HuttoAg27 said:

If you have the time, get GA tickets, get there an hour+ early, and sit in/around the student section. We get pretty animated, especially on Friday night. If that doesn't win her over, nothing will.

All, thanks for the comments and suggestions. Got two GA tickets off 12th Man Foundation. $17 per ticket compared to the $51 per ticket GAs on Seat Geek. Seat Geek also charges a huge service fee on top of that ($22 per ticket). I suppose all 3rd party sites charge those fees as well.

Will definitely get there early and be ready for a great game. See some of you there hopefully.

Cheers and Whoop!
tamc93
AG
Glad it worked out.

Hard to believe people are trying to flip GA tickets at that price when they are available.

You might consider grabbing Saturday tickets just in case you can convince her to stay for the early afternoon game.
Turf96
Be careful dad when she sees these guys are not soy boys you may regret what you wished for!! Many of those longhorn boys talk with a soft lisp. Lol when she sees a stadium full of grown men you could regret it.

Have fun and hope she sees the light. This team is fun to watch and y'all should have a great time.
HuttoAg27
AG
Were your conversion efforts successful, or at least moving in the right direction?
sleepybeagle
AG
I taught my son at a very early age that longhorns were "Bad Cows".

We were looking to buy a house outside of Austin in a new subdivision and they were still running cows for their ag exempt. Of course the realtor was a tu grad. Sure enough when we pulled up, there was a longhorn standing in front of the house. The realtor turned to my 4 year old son and said "look a longhorn!" to which my son said...

"Bad Cow!"

He graduated from A&M in 2022.
sleepybeagle
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.