#1 in RPI

2,839 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by themissinglink
ColleyvilleAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Based on a combination of results tonight with the ACC having a bad night, A&M has moved from #2 to #1 in RPI over Clemson.

Remains to be seen if the result in Austin will switch that back but I would be ok with it if it did.
TheBonifaceOption
It's like the sips decided to tank the season just to spite their opponents RPI
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Well despite their best efforts we stayed #1. Maybe they should try getting swept this weekend and really stick it to us.
Aggies2009
AG
Hyman wants to make us travel for a super regional. RPI be damned.
TheBonifaceOption
Aggies2009 said:

Hyman wants to make us travel for a super regional. RPI be damned.
TheBonifaceOption
Our texas win has been moved to Q2:

https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2024/team-sheet?team=Texas-AM
TheBonifaceOption
Texas tanks -11 in RPI

UTRGV...

+6

W
AG
D1's updated regional pairings should come out tomorrow

and A&M should have a projected cupcake regional as RPI #1
Decay
AG
The benefits of a whole lot of wins. These #1 rankings are pretty cool.
tjack16
AG
W said:

I've been avoiding looking at those since it's so early but I feel like now it's at the point where the projections start becoming clearer with who will be the regional hosts since we are halfway through conference play
Sean98
AG
tjack16 said:

W said:

I've been avoiding looking at those since it's so early but I feel like now it's at the point where the projections start becoming clearer with who will be the regional hosts since we are halfway through conference play
Don't look at the regional projections because it's just a guessing game. But DO listen to their Nerd-cast because it's a team by team break down of 1-16, then conference by conference as they break into 2s, 3s, 4s. Pretty good run through a lot of teams that most of us never get to see.
Sq 17
tu is going to turn it around and be the 3 seed &
DBU will be the 2

Geography always trumps the S curve and pretty much a guarantee we will have 1 BDF school that is within bus trip distance
tjack16
AG
Sean98 said:

tjack16 said:

W said:

Don't look at the regional projections because it's just a guessing game. But DO listen to their Nerd-cast because it's a team by team break down of 1-16, then conference by conference as they break into 2s, 3s, 4s. Pretty good run through a lot of teams that most of us never get to see.

Is it better than 11.7 podcast? I've been looking for more college baseball stuff to listen to in addition to 11.7 and D1
tamc93
AG
Just win and none of the ranking speculation will matter.
ensign_beedrill
AG
tjack16 said:

Sean98 said:

tjack16 said:

W said:

Is it better than 11.7 podcast? I've been looking for more college baseball stuff to listen to in addition to 11.7 and D1
It is a part of the D1 podcast.
TheBonifaceOption
Sq 17 said:

tu is going to turn it around and be the 3 seed &
DBU will be the 2

Geography always trumps the S curve and pretty much a guarantee we will have 1 BDF school that is within bus trip distance
Osu?
TexasAGGIEinAR
OU has an RPI of 22 and SOS of 2. They'll likely be a 2 seed somewhere, unless they jump WV and win the conference. I think OU and OSU end up as 2 seeds. One likely to head to us, the other to Arky. Dallas Baptist hosting will pull the best of the 2 and possibly send the other to Arky, if we're a higher seed than they are.

I'm feeling Tech or TCU coming to us.
Sq 17
Is tech with in bus trip range of CS ?
The Vols will need a 2 seed possibly OSU gets sent there

A couple of teams from the BDF will likely be getting on a plane
dabo man
AG
7 hour drive from Lubbock, but I don't know if they would fly or bus down.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I'm almost positive Tech, OU, and oSu are far enough away from College Station that they would not qualify to be a "bus trip" opponent. Based on remaining schedules, I think an A&M-hosted regional would look like this:

1. Texas A&M
2. Dallas Baptist
3. Lamar
4. Some sacrificial team from a one-bid league

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Sean98
AG
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

OU has an RPI of 22 and SOS of 2. They'll likely be a 2 seed somewhere, unless they jump WV and win the conference. I think OU and OSU end up as 2 seeds. One likely to head to us, the other to Arky. Dallas Baptist hosting will pull the best of the 2 and possibly send the other to Arky, if we're a higher seed than they are.

I'm feeling Tech or TCU coming to us.
I think DBU needs to show a lot more before they get to host. Maybe last week was a blip, they won last night, but they need to finish strong. Odd to say, but they may actually benefit from a lack of viable host teams in Texas. There's likely a few out west that can say the same. Virginia/Carolinas could/should have damn near all the host sites this year.

1. Texas A&M
2. Clemson
3. Kentucky
4. Arkansas
5. Florida State
6. UNC
7. Tennessee
8. East Carolina
9. Oregon State
10. Virginia
11. Coastal
12. UC-Santa Barbara
13. UC-Irvine

Others in contention for the final few spots:
- Duke
- Wake
- Dallas Baptist
- Indiana State
- Vandy
- West Virginia (insert a Big 12 placeholder; I think WVU likely to do the most damage late)

- the others are a mix of good teams with 0 chance to improve their RPI to host status (Louisiana) and middling teams with good RPI who probably don't deserve to host (Georgia, South Carolina, OU, oSu, etc.)
themissinglink
AG
Tech is just out of range for the NCAA to require them to take a bus trip down to CS. D1 and BA historically will pair them us in these brackets, but it never ends up happening because if they are going to send a team on a plane, might as well send them across the country and find a closer team to pair with us. I also think tech may have issues getting into the tournament. Other than a decent RPI, they don't have a very impressive resume (no winning weekend series against Q1, Q2, or Q3 teams).

Lamar will be interesting to watch. RPI is ~40, but they haven't lost a weekend series yet and that includes sweeping the Sooners in Norman. I don't see a host in the Big 12, but if the Sooners were to win the Big 12, Lamar is a more deserving regional host (despite the lower RPI, assuming they continue winning every weekend).
dabo man
AG
Lamar isn't hosting anything. I don't want them in College Station though.
themissinglink
AG
I don't disagree they won't get it, but they are more deserving than any Big 12 team right now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.