why a Wednesday game instead of Tuesday

3,013 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by FearNoWeevil
3 20s & a 10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just curious.
jkag89
Prairie View has a Tuesday game. My guess is that we scheduled this game before TV set which series they wanted for Thur/Fri/Sat.
TAMU1990
AG
The starters will be out asap. Hopefully by the 4-5th inning
dabo man
AG
Not sure we can play in this brutal cold. Might have to cancel.

----------------------------------
Wednesday - Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Wednesday Night - Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
FearNoWeevil
AG
Need to start watering the dirt around first base today in preparation for Wednesday
jkag89
Field has to be ready to play by Thursday evening. Maybe we just send a special ops to sabotage PVAM bus.
AgEng06
AG
From Schloss:

Quote:

• We should be mature enough to handle a 4:00 game vs. Prairie View A&M and then get into a conference series. We aren't digging ditches. We're playing baseball, and I think if you asked everybody, they would rather play games than practice. We left some guys home that have been playing well for us. I just need to manage some at-bats that give us the best chance to win the game.

AggieEE2002
AG
FearNoWeevil said:

Need to start watering the dirt around first base today in preparation for Wednesday
Too much mud! Too much mud!
RED AG 98
AG
Schloss also said to expect quite a few changes for Wednesday. Said Appel won't catch but will be in the game.
ensign_beedrill
AG
It's interesting... I believe the visiting team usually gets there the day before a series starts and practices on the field a little. Will Mississippi State get to do that on Wednesday or will they have to do it on Friday morning? They probably could come watch the game if they wanted.
tjack16
AG
We should be able to beat prairie view with quite a few backups in. This is the game to get Kaufer and Bell a start, plus get Targac back into a groove.
Gyles Marrett
tjack16 said:

We should be able to beat prairie view with quite a few backups in. This is the game to get Kaufer and Bell a start, plus get Targac back into a groove.
Targac hasn't been in a groove since 2022. Love the kid but that's the truth. I was so so excited to see what he'd do in 2023 and beyond after 2022. Don't get the 2 year slump.
McInnis
AG
tjack16 said:

Should is a good word to use here but at 9-10 Prarie View has a lot better record than Texas Southern (who they've already beaten this year) and Rhode Island, both of which the Aggies needed late inning comebacks to beat.
75AG
AG
Weather for Thursday is looking a little iffy. Maybe the State series will end up being F, S, Su
jkag89
By SEC rules, they can not extend the series until Sunday. A rainout on Thursday likely means a DH on Friday but possibly Saturday depending on the flexibility of State's travel plans.
75AG
AG
Thanks! Didn't know that. Friday and Saturday look to both be much better days. Of course, we need AirForceAg to weigh in.
RED AG 98
AG
Is the rule technically that the series must be completed in a max of 3 days? Meaning, if they delayed prior to Clanga traveling it would be possible to shift a day. Not that I think that will happen here or that I can recall it ever happening before just asking.
jkag89
RED AG 98 said:

Is the rule technically that the series must be completed in a max of 3 days? Meaning, if they delayed prior to Clanga traveling it would be possible to shift a day. Not that I think that will happen here or that I can recall it ever happening before just asking.

Anyways, is the forecast so bad that State, A&M and ESPN will all OK such a shift even if technically allowed>
Schrute Farms
Per Schloss' radio interview today:

+He makes his schedule 2 yrs in advance.
+PVAMU was willing to play us during that scheduling process. Other teams weren't.
+SEC & SEC TV schedule released with the Th-Sat series
+Schloss wanted to play all games. No buy out.
+Schloss requested a 1pm start. PVAMU plays Lamar on Tues and declined. The compromise was a 4pm start.
+Schloss said to expect some different things and that Braden will be pitching.
RED AG 98
AG
Yeah no idea but based on history most probably not. All I was getting at is that the max has to do with total away time for the visitors and the series is limited to 3 days.
trouble
AG
There's a 50% chance of scattered rain and thunderstorms. In March. In the Brazos Valley.

My guess is we're playing baseball
ensign_beedrill
AG
A 1 PM start? Really? After all his bemoaning there not being enough people in the stands at games? That start time would for sure kill a crowd.
RED AG 98
AG
Beating Clanga in this instance far outweighs any attendance at all versus PVAM
dermdoc
AG
The game is at 4 and not 1 so I can schedule out afternoon patients and make it in time. And I get 4 straight nights of Aggie baseball.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RED AG 98
AG
Schloss also had some nice comments for Blue. Something along the lines of "we all make mistakes and they do too, but that strike 3 to Jace in the top of the 9th was really tough to swallow."

Good for him. It was a very bad call. No doubt that was the most impactful bad call of the game.
Anonymous Source
S
ensign_beedrill said:

It's interesting... I believe the visiting team usually gets there the day before a series starts and practices on the field a little. Will Mississippi State get to do that on Wednesday or will they have to do it on Friday morning? They probably could come watch the game if they wanted.
Thursday morning
Gig 'Em
OKCAGS
Priorities…. Love it.
FearNoWeevil
AG
jkag89 said:

Field has to be ready to play by Thursday evening. Maybe we just send a special ops to sabotage PVAM bus.
I believe AggieEE2002 got the reference...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.