Baseball Recruiting Rankings

2,457 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TarponChaser
AggieShanks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I keep seeing recruits for A&M Baseball, but I'm wondering how significant are they? Are we a top recruiting class or are we taking in a bunch of baseball 4 stars or what? I'm just generally loss.
Sandman98
AG
You're seeing a lot of commits because they range from 2026's to 2023's. They're doing really well. Rankings are a crapshoot in baseball and there are like 10 publications that try to make a run at it.

2022 class was ranked today by PG and we're 15th. Doesn't mean much. Upcoming classes appear to be stacked but you never really know what you're getting until they compete at this level. .
AggieShanks
AG
Thank you for the context!
TarponChaser
And baseball recruiting is notoriously fickle. It's a real ****-show these days due to the transfer portal with immediate eligibility and covid impacts on eligibility.

First, lots of kids from say the class of 2026 are getting offers now but there are tons of instances where a kid is a stud young but fails to develop so they're no longer a good enough prospect and their offer is pulled despite being committed for 3 years.

Second, the transfer portal has teams cutting kids who have signed before they even set foot on campus or even after their first fall on campus because coaches are getting transfers from juco kids or other programs. In some cases, the coaches get a kid on campus and see they're not ready to compete vs. college talent so they get cut. In others, a transfer may come in and take a kid's spot so that kid transfers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.