Rooting hard for the Real UT today and Drew Gilbert (Good Bull story)

3,007 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TennesseeVol
Cultish Oil Billionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a little story for ya Ags...

About 2 weeks ago, my wife's BIL Dell "Bubba" Williams was a victim of a tragic motorcycle accident when a POS meth head stole a car at knifepoint, then drove it recklessly the wrong way down the Chapman highway in Knoxville, Tenn., eventually crashing into her brother, sending him flying well over 50 ft. in the air, and landing on his head. Long and sad story short, after a long-fight and 2 intensive brain surgeries, we ultimately just lost Bubba this Friday morning to these catastrophic brain injuries.

So why am I posting here? Well my wife and I drove from DFW area to Knoxville after the accident to be with his daughter and other family while he was fighting for life in the hospital. Last Sunday night, after a particularly hard day, we returned to our hotel and were walking our dogs outside when a nice couple approached with their teenage daughter, all loaded up in Vols gear. They complimented us on our dogs and stopped to pet them, and I congratulated them on their W against L$U and for making Omaha. I was wearing my Aggie polo so I also told the father that I loved their coach, and was hoping that we would have been able to get him before choosing Schloss. The father then laughed and said that would have been a huge blow to the program b/c his son really loves playing there.

So that's how I met the parents and sister of Vols starting CF, cleanup hitter, and overall bad arse Drew Gilbert. The family was just returning from celebrating the Super Sweep of LSU with their son, but they went out of their way to ask us why we were in town from TX (again, my Ag polo) and immediately after finding out what happened, they asked us if they could pray with us and spent a solid 10-15 minutes doing so. Dropping everything just for a few minutes on one of the best nights of their families lives only starts to speak of their character.

We then went downstairs the next day, to find that the Gilberts had left us tons of food, drinks, and laundry supplies to help with the extended stay. Just above and beyond and extremely Good Bull from a great family. They gained a huge fan that night and I would invite any other good Ags to join me in rooting for the SEC, the real UT, and especially for Drew Gilbert (#1, CF, and postseason HR leader for the Vols).

Additionally, if anyone feels led to help out the family, A GoFundMe has been established to help Dell's surviving daughter with the overwhelming medical and funeral costs

Happy Father's Day to the Fathers out there - hold your kiddos a little tighter today if you're able, and cherish the time you have, as we never know how many days the Good Lord will grant us on this earth.
TAMU1990
GSPag`
goose91
aginlakeway
Tex100
AG
Awesome
histag10
AG
Awesome story, but also my condolences to you and your family. I will keep yall in our prayers to find comfort and peace in this difficult time
cypress-ag
sharpdressedman
Goose06
flakrat
aggie67,74&76
AgEng06
AG
Thanks for sharing your story.

And I'm sure we'll all be rooting REALLY hard for the real UT today.
Cultish Oil Billionaire
AG
Thanks everyone for the prayers, support, and donations for my BIL. We honor him tomorrow, scatter him in the Smokey Mountains that he loved so much on Thursday...but today we help make are that the real UT beats the hell outta the fake one!

His daughter gave me his fitted Vols ball cap yesterday, and I will wear it with pride this afternoon. Go Vols!
RED AG 98
AG
What an incredible story! It's amazing how tragedy reveals true character.
Deeply sorry for your loss and prayers for the family.

GOVOLS!
TennesseeVol
God Bless. Our prayers are for all the family.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.