Strike zone??

3,920 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by agforlife97
cords12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The strike zone is an absolute joke! Nau is called out on a pitch that was so far inside it would have it him in the knee If he doesn't jump out of the way, and then next inning Hendrix throws a perfect breaking ball right over the middle of the plate and it's called a ball. I never complain of such, but this is extreme home field advantage! Aggies are the better team, out hitting LSU, but it's hard to overcome terrible officiating!
Localhero88
Some went our way .. Some went lsu's way ...
WGann3
AG
This was called strike 3 in a crucial at bat while trying to extend our lead. This is a flat out intimidated umpire in a hostile environment, I don't know what else to make of it.

Aston04
cords12
Terrible!!!! Ecker also threw an excellent pitch right down the middle that was called a ball, but that pitch, in the pic above is strike 3 somehow! In a series this close it is so very unfortunate! I've watched every pitch and the Aggies have played better baseball than LSU in a hostile environment!
WGann3
AG
For those of you that didn't see that pitch... That's a fastball from a righty and was called a strike. That would be a terrible call if it was a slider from a lefty. I'm sick just looking at that.
cords12
Agree, sometimes calls can go either way because the pitch was close.... The pitch above was not anywhere near close to being a strike!!!!
Gil Renard
AG
Still not worse than LSU game at Kyle. It's a joke. Cajun mafia must have guns.
WGann3
AG
Must be nice to have that sort of garbage consistently go your way. Makes the odds of winning titles go up drastically.
dixichkn
AG
wow........just........
cords12
Localhero88, You must be an umpire, or just plain crazy.... We didn't get any ridiculous calls like this go our way. Last night we suffered a terrible strike 3 call with bases loaded in the 8th. On a neutral field, with a reasonable umpire, we lead this series 2-0. We are pitching and hitting better than LSU, they have an edge defensively.
AggieBand2004
AG
We aren't hitting better than them, regardless of what the strike zone may be at any one moment.
dixichkn
AG
quote:
This was called strike 3 in a crucial at bat while trying to extend our lead. This is a flat out intimidated umpire in a hostile environment, I don't know what else to make of it.

What the **** is that thing in the white Tshirt in the 4th row? Holy hell........i just heard banjo music in my head......
dixichkn
AG
quote:
We are pitching and hitting better than LSU, they have an edge defensively.

We are most definitely NOT hitting better. Otherwise we'd be two games up with ease. And I dare say my son's 12U team would have an edge defensively.
WGann3
AG
I think the bats and pitching have pretty much been a wash. They barely got the ball of the infield in game one.

Defense? My god, it's not even close.
Strike One
And the strike call on Nau one or two pitches earlier which looked like a fast ball down the middle but only about 4-5 inches out of the dirt was absolutely ridiculous and then the ump managed to outdo himself with his call on the tailing in fast ball that almost hit Nau in the knee. From what I've seen this weekend so far, if I was the home umpire, I'd be looking over my shoulder because Mitch would have every reason to come looking for me after the game.
WGann3
AG
I lost my cool like I was some LSU swamp rat and tweeted at the SEC Twitter account about cleaning up that type of crap umpiring...
cords12
Series thus far:

Hits- tied with 24

Left on base - A&M - 17, LSU - 11

So yeah you are way off. We have been better at the plate. Our 2 starters were much better pitching...Our bullpen was terrible tonight. On a neutral field, we are the better team!

cords12
Yes we are better at the plate, look at the numbers. Tied in hits, we have earned more walks at the plate, and left 6 more runners on base than LSU, while series difference is only 4 runs. Hostile environment and we are playing better in most aspects. They have had some lucky breaks and of course the man in black behind the plate helps quite a bit too!
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Series thus far:

Hits- tied with 24

So yeah you are way off. We have been better at the plate. Our 2 starters were much better pitching...Our bullpen was terrible tonight. On a neutral field, we are the better team!

LSU is exponentially better in speed and defense. On a neutral field that is huge. Ags have to be smarter in the field.
SA-AG72
AG
quote:
Series thus far:

Hits- tied with 24

So yeah you are way off. We have been better at the plate. Our 2 starters were much better pitching...Our bullpen was terrible tonight. On a neutral field with neutral umps we are the better team!

FIFY
Chuck Gay
AG
It isn't even like these pitchers are hitting their targets and the catcher is framing them and tricking the ump. They are missing their spots badly and off the plate and they are still calling them strikes.
cords12
Exactly! If LSU was getting all the calls and the pitches were close, there would be nothing to complain about because that is expected to happen on the road, especially a rowdy venue like Box! I have seen 3 Aggie batters called out on strike 3 where the ball missed the corner by more than 4-5 inches! One was with bases loaded, and Nau's at bat where the ball would have actually hit him, we had 2 men on base. These are "game changing" calls and these are not pitches where the ump uses his best judgment, these are pitches that are NOT EVEN CLOSE to being strikes in any strike zone!
Tex100
AG
I started a thread before I saw this. I watched the Astros after our game last night. Difference in umpiring is staggering.
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
I watched the Astros after our game last night. Difference in umpiring is staggering.
Professional umpires vs.guys that umpire on the side.

Chuck Gay
AG
It is really not that hard to have decent umpiring. I know some are better than others but it isn't like it is such a difficult job that only 60 guys in the world can be competent at it.
agforlife97
AG
I'm not really one to complain about umpiring, but they did get the bulk of the breaks in the first 2 games. We finally got a little love in game 3.

The bottom line is that we win this series if it's at home. Good news is that we're going to be playing at home in the postseason barring a major collapse.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.