Pitching Machines

503 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 21 yr ago by
One Eyed Fat Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking for opinions on pitching machines. My son and I just built a batting cage in our back yard and we've been looking for a used machine but they're hard to find. When you can, there's not that much difference in price between new and used, so if I can't find a used one at a decent price, I'll probably buy a new one. The two that I'm considering are the Jugs curveball machine and the ATEC Casey Pro. I'm leaning towards the ATEC at this time. Any opinions out there? Thanks.
Milt Q. Llama III
We had a Juggs double-wheel machine. Great machine that would pump it into the low 90's. Very expensive best I can remember. I think it was around $1,400 and that was years ago. Very flexible as far as the types of pitches it would throw. We really liked the machine. There are some on Ebay right now.
football1
We had both the Jugs and the ATEC in high school and the ATEC was better for batting practice. It seemed to throw strikes more consistently. The Jugs would start off in the zone but would get off target much quicker then the ATEC. We used the Jugs more for fly balls and fielding drills, and it worked great for those.
One Eyed Fat Man
Thanks for the response. I'm currently leaning towards the atec casey pro. I've heard similar points about the atec; less pitches to get adjusted, balls easier to pick up coming off the black wheels as opposed to thw white tires on the jugs. The atec is a little more expensive, but I've found a couple if internet dealers with good prices and no sales tax. Now if I can just round up the cash.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.