More Shelby Metcalf Quotes

2,086 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by AMF 2 AMC
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some of these may have been seen before, but they're still good, found them in the March 1964 Texas Aggie...enjoy

"I don't know if we'll win or not, but it's our turn."

About the turbulent postgame history of recent A&M-Texas games: "They're going to TV our first game. No sponsor yet, but Gillette has bought the fight after the game."

When he was A&M's freshman coach, just before an A&M-Texas fish game: "Now boys, they'll throw coins at you sometimes. Let's show some class–don't pick up anything less than a quarter."

About sophmore center Johnny Beasley: "They had a story about John in the Austin paper the day of the Texas game. He got so tired carrying papers to his room, he couldn't rebound."

After a hectic win, to writers asking his game opinions: "Ask the boys. I passed out at the half."

When his team wanted to fastbreak: "It's okay with me, boys, but when you get there be sure you have the ball."

About schoolboy prospects: "If you see someone you have to look up to, shake his hand and invite him to A&M."

[This message has been edited by walkeanne (edited 6/1/2007 4:33p).]
BirdieJF
citizenkane06
Killer-K 89
AG
When they write the book about Coach, let us know. It is a bestseller. At least in the Aggie Nation.
AMF 2 AMC
AG
Good Stuff!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.