Anybody following Tyrece Radford?

5,044 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rossticus
rwtxag83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every time I bring up a Spurs summer league game I keep seeing DNP-Coaches decision. I'm no hoops expert but things don't seem to be looking so good.

Is there something I'm missing?
Greater love hath no man than this....
bobinator
AG
Not watching summer league but he's a 25 year old rookie that can't shoot, not exactly at the top of the pile of what coaches are looking at.
Method Man
He's not really an NBA player.
Topher17
AG
That doesn't even account for the fact he can't use his right hand even a little bit.
EliteZags
AG
Dennis Smith Jr is still in the league
frenchtoast
How did he get the nickname "Boots"? I never heard an explanation.
Method Man
frenchtoast said:

He was a big Dora the Explorer fan.
BQ_90
AG
Method Man said:

frenchtoast said:

I thought he was a huge Nancy Sinatra fan
taylorswift13_
BQ_90 said:

Method Man said:

frenchtoast said:

I thought he was a huge Nancy Sinatra fan
I thought he was a big fan of the physical geographical makeup of Italia
RevrndAg79
AG
Comedy is dead.

And I love all the shade cast at Radford by people who couldn't do one-tenth of what he could do on a basketball court.

Ah, but tearing down others while trying to act like we know things we don't and can't really know is such a feel-good thing for mere sinners such as we!
AggieOO
Does this guy know how to party, or what?
Rec
AG
Maybe he just needs to reboot?
Matsui
AG
No clue. Hope he gets a shot!
SolidRockAg
Same was said about Caruso. Hustle and improving skills overtime can get him there.
Method Man
Shade or opinions? He was crucial to our team and we all wish him the best.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I love Boots and I hope I'm dead wrong like I was on Caruso but I just don't see him as an NBA player. Is that being mean or disrespectful to him to say that? His age and size are the biggest things that would keep him from that dream IMO. He can have a long overseas career and make a lot of money playing basketball. I would love to trade positions with him. Either way I wish him nothing but the best and loved watching him play for us.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, Caruso had to take the long way to the NBA and yet even he was three years younger, three inches taller, a better athlete, a better shooter and a WAY better passer and defender. Boots is a better scorer off the bounce and is a much more physical offensive player than Caruso was at the college level but as someone else pointed out he can only go one way and will he even be able to do that at the NBA level?

We all love Boots, but him making it in the NBA would be an order of magnitude more surprising than even Caruso.
Faustus
To be fair going both ways is more important in the WNBA. [/rim shot]
AggByMarriage
I think Dexter has a better chance than Boots. I think either _could_ make it, but it is about playing time.
_lefraud_
AG
P.J. Tucker (yes, that P.J. Tucker) played almost 40 games this past year at age 38.

There's a way for Boots to make an NBA roster, but it's just a matter of commitment and patience he has to making that dream attainable.
Know Your Enemy
AG
_lefraud_ said:

P.J. Tucker (yes, that P.J. Tucker) played almost 40 games this past year at age 38.

There's a way for Boots to make an NBA roster, but it's just a matter of commitment and patience he has to making that dream attainable.

How big is Tucker?
bobinator
AG
Tucker is actually another good example of why this road is going to be so hard for Boots. Tucker was a second-team All-American and the Big 12 Player of the Year in 2007 and was actually drafted early in the second round, which is to say he was generally thought of as a much better pro prospect than Boots is, and yet he also had to take a long road to establish himself in the NBA that involved playing five or six years overseas.
CactusThomas
AG
Any of you guys following the NBA know offhand how many league MVPs Thon Maker has now?
Method Man
CactusThomas said:

Any of you guys following the NBA know offhand how many league MVPs Thon Maker has now?
Faustus
Know Your Enemy said:

_lefraud_ said:

How big is Tucker?

6'5 is where he's traditionally listed at.

I had far more fun rooting for PJ in the NBA than a lot of Texas' players who've played in the league since the turn of the century. Part of that was the Rockets stint, but it was also his path and unconventional role. It had shades of Caruso to it in playing hard D, boxing out, passing, and scoring when given the opportunity rather than looking to score first (which if not rare is at least uncommon given that aptitude is what gets players drafted).

BuzzFan24
Love Boots! But, the NBA isn't for everyone. He can still make money playing ball for a good while but, a 6'1 shooting guard that can't shoot isn't turning any heads. He will provide for his family playing overseas if he so chooses.
FTAG 2000
AG
Love Boots, have watched the Spurs summer league.

Not sure what happened to him but based on summer league, he can't shoot and can't create against other summer leaguers.

Appears destined for Europe or China.
StinkyPinky
AG
BuzzFan24 said:

Love Boots! But, the NBA isn't for everyone. He can still make money playing ball for a good while but, a 6'1 shooting guard that can't shoot isn't turning any heads. He will provide for his family playing overseas if he so chooses.
Yep, there is a career to be had over seas. Nice experience/job if willing to continue to compete but not in the NBA. Best of luck to him!
Booma94
AG
_lefraud_ said:

That's only because Tucker's still dribbling...
Booma94
AG
Faustus said:

To be fair going both ways is more important in the WNBA. [/rim shot]
Pretty sure most in the WNBA only go one way...
94chem
Caruso had NBA written all over him. He just suffered from Ryan Swope syndrome.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DukeMu
FTAG 2000 said:

Love Boots, have watched the Spurs summer league.

Not sure what happened to him but based on summer league, he can't shoot and can't create against other summer leaguers.

Appears destined for Europe or China.
S.A. has the Shot Doctor there for Boots - Chip Engelland

Pops appreciates glue guys and defenders.
Rossticus
Engelland has been coaching for OKC for the past two seasons.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.