UConn

2,429 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by zgolfz85
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
25-0 run to start the half. My goodness.
Method Man
30-0 run overall I think. WTF
Pumpkinhead
AG
30-0 run before Illinois finally scored.

Announcers in awe asking if any other college team can even compete with UCONN much less beat them.
cutter
The good news for a possible Illinois comeback….we know 30-0 runs are possible
gambochaman
AG
They are ridiculous
cutter
Newton commits 3 fouls on every possession. He just constantly hand checks the entire length of the court.
Pumpkinhead
AG
So who left in the field do we think has a chance vs UCONN? Not buying Duke. Can't buy into Clemson or Bama or NC STate. I guess the winner of Purdue and Vols is best bet?
LawHall88
AG
Purdue has Edey to match Clingan. That game should at least be competitive.
mlb87
AG
Not sure that I've ever seen a run like this in a tournament game. I don't think any team can hang w these guys.
gambochaman
AG
They lost to kansas, seton hall and creighton and st johns played them tough twice

But they are simply on another level right now
CapCityAg89
AG

CapCityAg89
AG
Also - it seems like forever ago that Hassan Diarra transferred. Two seasons. Wow. Still love that kid.
KCup17
AG
He's why I want UConn to repeat.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
After a 23-23 tie, UConn outscored Illinois 54-29, including 49-29 in the 2nd half. As a result, UConn became the first ever team to win 10 straight NCAA Tournament games by double-digits.

TyHolden
AG
Bama or Purdue will beat them...ncaa loves Purdue
TyHolden
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Also - it seems like forever ago that Hassan Diarra transferred. Two seasons. Wow. Still love that kid.
11 points tonight
WestTexAg12
AG
gambochaman said:

They lost to kansas, seton hall and creighton and st johns played them tough twice

But they are simply on another level right now

Illinois game plan also was "I want to drive at Clingon and see if I don't get blocked". None of their shots were hitting at all.

They held with them in the first half. They just had a stupid game plan and went cold.
infinity ag
My kid goes to Illinois. He was crushed. I was watching and hoping his team would do well.
AggByMarriage
infinity ag said:

My kid goes to Illinois. He was crushed. I was watching and hoping his team would do well.

They played well and then they got their cage rattled. Basketball is a momentum game and playing afraid is self destructive. UConn beat them, but the margin was more on Illinois' mental composure.

IMHO
jphelmet
AG
TyHolden said:

Bama would have to shoot the lights out to have a chance. UConn will hang a 100 on that defense.
TyHolden
AG
jphelmet said:

TyHolden said:

Bama would have to shoot the lights out to have a chance. UConn will hang a 100 on that defense.

Yeah it's certainly a hot take. Not sure if I've watched a full UConn game yet.
TyHolden
AG
edit: wrong forum
LB12Diamond
AG
TyHolden said:

You were saying.
TyHolden
AG
LB12Diamond said:

TyHolden said:

You were saying.
Another hot take....Edey is going to look great playing next to Wemby next season
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Edey's draft position is... interesting. If you look up what the so called experts are saying, it's all over the map.

I do look forward to seeing him go against Clingan if that matchup happens.

CapCityAg89
AG
Yea. I'm interested to see the matchup with Burns. He will not be able to shove that dude around and Burns will have some success backing him down. If he only gets one foul after the noise this week and against someone that strong and quick, I'll be shocked.
zgolfz85
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Edey's draft position is... interesting. If you look up what the so called experts are saying, it's all over the map.

I do look forward to seeing him go against Clingan if that matchup happens.

agreed, personally, I think he's a serviceable big, but the modern NBA game has passed him by a bit. Doesn't mean he's not of value, but I don't think he's athletic enough to warrant starter mins as a big. Now, if he can develop a mid range shot, that makes a world of difference. I think athleticism-wise, the Lopez bros would run circles around him...and they're at the minimum level of athletic to warrant starter mins. We'll see though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.