Tournament Repechage

3,058 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wasntme
ColleyvilleAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is my stupid, completely made-up idea of the day.

In lieu of not expanding to 96 teams...what if there was a "Repechage" style tournament just before the Big Dance. It's a French term so i suspect i just lost half of you right there. It is done in many minor sports and is basically a losers bracket/ 2nd chance tournament to play your way in.

Stay with me for a second - this is not a loser's bracket during the conference championship, but really more so taking the top 4-8 conference regular season champions that lost their tournaments and giving them a chance to play their way in. Maybe mix in a few of the last 4 in/1st 4 out. Do away with the "first 4" in Dayton to accommodate this.

Teams like Liberty, Bradley, Southern Miss, etc. that we know will miss the tournament.

And yes, i know this is a horrible idea. I'm bored.
bobinator
AG
You can use a fancy french term if you want but really it's still expanding the tournament.
NyAggie
AG
Not for it and frankly wish the play in games would go away also

Just go back to 64
Belton Ag
AG
Found me a new word to throw around during my next work meeting.

"Fellas, I think we need to… *checks phone*…rape charge this building elevation so we can add in a new meter pack setup.
Proposition Joe
That kind of idea is what the french call Les Incompetents.
agent-maroon
AG
Non. non, non. Pas de tournoi de repchage
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jah003
S
JJxvi
AG
Do what, now?
AgsGiveUsRoom
AG
Sounds great, and we can give everyone a green ribbon who participates. We'll call it the "Repecharge Ribbon".
Luke The Drifter
AG
Whatever it takes to make sure every single team gets a participation trophy, whether they've earned it or not!

#sarcasm
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
BQ_90
AG
Aston 91
AG
I clicked on this thread just to see what word OP intended to use in the title instead of that indecipherable grouping of letters at the end. Guess I learned a new word today.
EliteZags
AG
Bon vivant bouillabaisse cul de sac laissez-faire chicken cordon bleu. Formidable baton rouge noblesse oblige au bon pain chateau marmont, Croque monsieur? Croque madame! Frere Jacques Grey Poupon Marquis de Sade tourette whoop; feather duster croissant Les Miserables fart catcher Luc Robitaille D'artagnan Perrier Fran Tarkenton peanut butter parfait Eau de toilette
Know Your Enemy
AG
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?
Seven Costanza
AG
I like it, but only if we call it the Freedom Bracket.
Noctilucent
AG
Uh, parlez vous a humma humma?
Method Man
Repechage? More like repechode!
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Glad to see that nobody likes the idea. This was just a test to see if any of you are French (or tv execs looking to make extra $)
greg.w.h
AG
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repechage
Sq 17
You left out
Savior Faire ( who is every where )
Je ne sais quoi &
S'il Vous Plait
MB19
AG
ColleyvilleAg06 said:

Glad to see that nobody likes the idea. This was just a test to see if any of you are French (or tv execs looking to make extra $)

Sheesh if the execs wanted to make more money the tournament would go from straight knockout to 16 groups of 4 like a World Cup format.

And probably demand a return of the third place game.
cupofjoe04
AG
EliteZags said:

Bon vivant bouillabaisse cul de sac laissez-faire chicken cordon bleu. Formidable baton rouge noblesse oblige au bon pain chateau marmont, Croque monsieur? Croque madame! Frere Jacques Grey Poupon Marquis de Sade tourette whoop; feather duster croissant Les Miserables fart catcher Luc Robitaille D'artagnan Perrier Fran Tarkenton peanut butter parfait Eau de toilette

Top 10 funniest reply I have ever read on TexAgs. If only I had more than one blue star to give, you would get them all. And the blue parachutes.

Feather duster croissant... that's what pushed me over the edge. The whole reply was brilliant, and I suspect will go vastly under appreciated.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Edit for: I made a "real" comment on a funny thread and messed up the mojo. Apologies. Continue with the French jokes.
frenchtoast
I have a sudden craving for cheese.
AgEng06
AG
frenchtoast said:

Username checks out.
Rec
AG
All of a sudden I want to have sex
frenchtoast
AgEng06 said:

frenchtoast said:

Username checks out.
I wonder if they just call it it toast over there.
Decay
AG
They probably call it "sweet custard bread having an affair with powdered sugar" or something
Know Your Enemy
AG
frenchtoast said:

AgEng06 said:

frenchtoast said:

Username checks out.
I wonder if they just call it it toast over there.
What do they call regular toast in France?
TyperWoods
ColleyvilleAg06 said:

ColleyvilleAg06 said:

I like their fries.
I like their toast, but I have to be in the mood.
I also like their kissing, but also have to be in the mood.

Je ne sais pas repechage
wasntme
agent-maroon said:

Non. non, non. Pas de tournoi de repchage

Pass the dutchie 'pon di left hand side
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.