RENEWAL Time!! Roll call

10,469 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BKR88
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the call here?
Without Covid it's a no brainer.
How will attendance be?

I'm renewing.
bobinator
AG
Hope season happens
Skeptical of crowd sizes
Rowdies should sell masks

Not a season ticket holder
greg.w.h
AG
bobinator said:

Hope season happens
Skeptical of crowd sizes

Bob rips off a haiku. Well done...
monarch
S
I have been a season ticket holder but I just bought new seats in a different location.
RichardAg84
AG
Renewed our 4 seats. Can't wait for November.
Texas A&M
Most likely will renew (but haven't done it yet).....
miller0926
AG
In again. Gonna be in for TCU in FW. Gonna try to hit up a road Saturday SEC game (or the Big 12 challenge game).
Expert Analysis
AG
Renewed football, men's basketball, and soccer.
Not sure what they will do if they have to limit capacity. There is no way to get 6' between groups of people unless they severely limit seating areas which would put all venues under 50% capacity. With season tickets how do you decide who gets to go if you have to close seats?
If there is not any notable increase in hospitalizations the next month or so there will be a lot of pressure on the governor to not limit attendance.
I think attendance will be down across all sports. Old people and less than perfectly healthy people would be smart to stay home. I see these same types of people out shopping with no masks, so who knows what they will actually do.
aggiejohn
AG
We also renewed for basketball. I said I would get season tickets as soon as they got rid of BK, and I'll continue to uphold my end of the deal.

I am curious to see how the re-seating of Reed is handled if they have a 50% max quantity...
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'm in and adding
jnocar
bobinator said:

Hope season happens
Skeptical of crowd sizes

Howdy, bobanator !

Bought season tickets for all sports. Not attending any or giving away tickets; stayin away from people & wearing a mask outside th house.
bobinator
AG
I was just trying to start a thread of haikus and y'all ruined it.
EXCELL
Hey, at least we now have a reason for our 6 ft (plus) spacing on D.

wasntme
Not gonna renew
till Sully is restored new,
and Young showed the door
jeep
AG
Renewed men's and women's! Gig 'em!
jeep
AG
jeep
AG
mikesyracuse1
In again since Reed Opening!

Mikesyracuse1
Texas A&M
I really want to renew, but I'm waiting to see how the Sully stuff plays out with the university and athletic dept between now and the end of the month.
bobinator
AG
Would you not renew basketball season tickets if they take down the Sul Ross statue?
Texas A&M
bobinator said:

Would you not renew basketball season tickets if they take down the Sul Ross statue?
No, I would not renew. My guess is that it won't have been decided by then though.
Complete Idiot
Did you formerly buy tickets only because the statue was there?

I came here to read about basketball and can't escape the influence of politics.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Texas A&M said:

bobinator said:

No, I would not renew. My guess is that it won't have been decided by then though.

LOL
EXCELL
Why is that funny?

I'm in too. I'm waiting until the very last minute and I want the athletic department to explicitly explain how they will allocate seating if the attendance is restricted. I'm not paying center-courtside prices to sit halfway up the 2nd deck and maybe be allowed to attend only half the games or such.

Tell me what you're selling.
I'll tell you if I'm buying.
EXCELL
That's because politics is affecting athletics
Always has unless you've been living in another universe.
jeremy
jeremy
AG
When did renewals go out? We're y'all contacted? Via email? I haven't heard anything.
EXCELL
WHY isn't the athletic department publicizing what their plan is for reduced seating?

WHO gets in?

WHERE are they going to be seated to ensure social distancing?

WHAT is the plan? Is there a plan?

WHEN is the AD going to tell people who are spending considerable amounts of money exactly, precisely what they are getting for their money?

I'm not going to renew until I know what I am buying. I don't make major purchases without knowing what I am buying. Who just sends money in to buy a car and is happy with what shows up in the driveway? A beauty or a clunker, but happy either way?

This is BS
Proposition Joe
EXCELL said:

WHY isn't the athletic department publicizing what their plan is for reduced seating?

WHO gets in?

WHERE are they going to be seated to ensure social distancing?

WHAT is the plan? Is there a plan?

WHEN is the AD going to tell people who are spending considerable amounts of money exactly, precisely what they are getting for their money?

I'm not going to renew until I know what I am buying. I don't make major purchases without knowing what I am buying. Who just sends money in to buy a car and is happy with what shows up in the driveway? A beauty or a clunker, but happy either way?

This is BS

When they sent renewals out they specified it would be handled similar to football - refunds for cancelled games and pro-rated if the season is shortened. I didn't see them specifically mention seat donations would be refunded for basketball like they are doing for football and will inquire, but I expect it to be the same.

As for the actual seating plan - like every other school in the nation they are in a state of limbo. They can't tell you with 100% certainty exactly what you will be receiving, all they can do is outline your refund options if you don't like what you receive.
EXCELL
That doesn't begin to explain HOW or WHERE (or even IF) you will be seated.
You're buying nothing but "it will be different" statement. Got that. How different?
Half occupancy doesn't begin to explain or illuminate which half much less which seat(s) you will actually occupy.

I'll guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt they will not issue refunds if the games aren't cancelled but you can't be seated in the "allowed" half and certainly not based on where those seats will be located relative to what you actually paid for.

If I were AD, I'd have been burning the midnight oil coming up with a hard plan. You can always lighten it up if allowed by state/university mandate but you have to start with a really bad scenario and hope for better times. You can't begin to actually believe they have no idea how they intend to divvy up the seat allocations. They have to have a skeleton plan and if they don't then every managerial level should be flushed.

Oh, it might be noted they aren't soliciting any input from the customers, the seat purchasers, on how it could/should be done.

Proposition Joe
EXCELL said:

That doesn't begin to explain HOW or WHERE (or even IF) you will be seated.
You're buying nothing but "it will be different" statement. Got that. How different?
Half occupancy doesn't begin to explain or illuminate which half much less which seat(s) you will actually occupy.

I'll guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt they will not issue refunds if the games aren't cancelled but you can't be seated in the "allowed" half and certainly not based on where those seats will be located relative to what you actually paid for.

If I were AD, I'd have been burning the midnight oil coming up with a hard plan. You can always lighten it up if allowed by state/university mandate but you have to start with a really bad scenario and hope for better times. You can't begin to actually believe they have no idea how they intend to divvy up the seat allocations. They have to have a skeleton plan and if they don't then every managerial level should be flushed.

Oh, it might be noted they aren't soliciting any input from the customers, the seat purchasers, on how it could/should be done.

There hasn't been a football team in the nation that has come out with a detailed seating plan for 2020.

To think you're going to have one for basketball is being naive.

If you don't trust the TMF to handle the situation fairly, then don't renew?

IF there are seating significant seating modifications, then I would guess they will handle football/basketball in such a way that refunds will be offered, and those willing to accept "modified seating" will go into a seat selection process of the available seating.
EXCELL
I get that the corners aren't painted in yet, but it's inconceivable there isn't a fundamental foundation for a process that will be tweaked as necessary to accommodate the mandated attendance restrictions in place as the season starts up.

If you believe for one second that they don't have the framework(s) for a plan, then you are incredibly naive or you believe they are totally clueless in the athletic department management.

They aren't announcing it because they don't want to scare off donors and season ticket buyers by telling them the cold, hard truth.

I recently received a call from the Houston Center for the Performing Arts about their plans for the season. They essentially stated that they were asking donors/season supporters to "donate" their contribution irrespective of the fact they didn't intend to allow the vast majority into the performances. The seating was going to be prioritized by a combination of length of time as a season supporter and total donations outside the cost of the seats.

At least they have a clue and were bold enough to essentially state, you're not getting in but we want your money anyway. I exercised the option to defer the money as a credit against next season. So they don't have to pay me back immediately but it's not an outright donation either.
Proposition Joe
You're preaching the choir - I was the one who posted back in April we needed to hear from the ticket office on how they would handle seat "donations" if season was shortened/cancelled and everyone told me that it wasn't going to be an issue.

The "cold hard truth" is that they don't know what the situation will be. Nobody does.

Do they have plans for it? Likely yes.

Does it make any sense to break down each and everyone of those plans in a renewal email?

If you have questions, email them.

I would assume if there is significant displacement to the point where it isn't feasible to try and make every season ticket holder happy, then you offer an option of a refund or opt-in to a "socially distanced" seat selection that is scheduled based on priority. I imagine that is what they will do for football, the only reason I don't necessarily think they have to for basketball is the # of season ticket holders is significantly less and the # of comparable places you can put them is significantly higher.
aggiepaintrain
AG
If the season is altered in any way you will get the option of a refund, donate to the foundation or carry it over for 2021.
EXCELL
Again, I don't know why this is apparently so hard to grasp.

But even if every game is played, if the attendance is restricted then all of those prevented from attending will be affected. If season ticket holders are reseated, they will be affected. Just having the game played does not prevent the season ticket holders from being negatively impacted.

Giving refunds based simply on some percentage of games not played is NOT remotely close to a fair solution.

The lack of information is both alarming and deceptive.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.